Daine Laurie #237

I think a LOT of potential success at the Tigers might be dependent on Laurie's ability to play in the halves. If he can take away the need to search outside the club....that would be huge. I think you have to give him at least 2 more games to get comfortable. So long as he is playing decent, that game against the Dragons would be ideal..

I think a LOT of potential success at the Tigers might be dependent on Laurie's ability to play in the halves. If he can take away the need to search outside the club....that would be huge. I think you have to give him at least 2 more games to get comfortable. So long as he is playing decent, that game against the Dragons would be ideal..
Apparently he was signed on $300k, if he grabs this opportunity, he could get the $600k hes asking for?

He has been training there all off season too
Off season training , had a run in reserves and apparently went ok , time to put him in and leave him there
FB. Bulla
Brooks / Laurie. Halves
Staines on a wing
can’t get any combos going with continually changing the team , set and run with it , Laurie is quick so both Halves have speed

Will Smith is in the top 30
I'd be giving him a run
Ease him off the bench - whatever works
Was always a game breaker at eels
Nah, Will Smith not in the Top 30.

So what to do with Daine Laurie in the final season of his current contract reportedly approx $300k?

He is not viewed as our long-term fullback given his form to start the season and the emergence of Bula.

He is currently our backup fullback due to the injury to Charlie Staines and is named there in NSW Cup.

Many think and Sheens wants to get more of a look at him at 5/8 (whether we see that now in NSW Cup with the recruitment of Tony Pellow who can play fullback).

For Laurie, he would not be a 1st choice fullback at any NRL club & doubtful he would be a 1st choice 5/8 either.

His best chances of another club seem to be Canterbury (Gould has always rated him as a 5/8 & our previous recruitment manager is now at Dogs), Canberra (with Wighton moving on & Madge being there), Sea Eagles (depending on what happens with Schuster), Dolphins & Dragons (depending on whether Ramsey returns next season).

I would say Canterbury are in the box seat.

Two questions ...

1 - Should we look to release this season to free up a spot on our list this season? That spot would need to be for a 5/8 halfback given our lack of depth in that position if Brooks or Wakeham go down.

2 - Should we look to extend if he can excel at 5/8 but only as a back-up half/fullback on no more than his current salary?

So what to do with Daine Laurie in the final season of his current contract reportedly approx $300k?

He is not viewed as our long-term fullback given his form to start the season and the emergence of Bula.

He is currently our backup fullback due to the injury to Charlie Staines and is named there in NSW Cup.

Many think and Sheens wants to get more of a look at him at 5/8 (whether we see that now in NSW Cup with the recruitment of Tony Pellow who can play fullback).

For Laurie, he would not be a 1st choice fullback at any NRL club & doubtful he would be a 1st choice 5/8 either.

His best chances of another club seem to be Canterbury (Gould has always rated him as a 5/8 & our previous recruitment manager is now at Dogs), Canberra (with Wighton moving on & Madge being there), Sea Eagles (depending on what happens with Schuster), Dolphins & Dragons (depending on whether Ramsey returns next season).

I would say Canterbury are in the box seat.

Two questions ...

1 - Should we look to release this season to free up a spot on our list this season? That spot would need to be for a 5/8 halfback given our lack of depth in that position if Brooks or Wakeham go down.

2 - Should we look to extend if he can excel at 5/8 but only as a back-up half/fullback on no more than his current salary?
I'm not for releasing him early as he provides some depth at 1.6 and 7. Pellow's defence stats worry me so want to see how he performs in Reggies before I would consider letting Daino go.

We still haven't seen him play as a half so I am keen to see this. Obviously Sheens and Benji aren't though so I expect he will drift off to another club in 24.

Back