Daine Laurie #237

@demps said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486658) said:
@tsupps05 said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486652) said:
He has spent his whole life with those boys and coaches, let him do him.
He didn't put it all over his social media that he was in a riff jersey, if he did that then i'd be pissed.
Let the young guy celebrate ffs

Whole life?
He is from Yamba.

He joined them in 2017.

Daine's on the record saying he was a souths fan. Cody Walker is his uncle. he was posting to his Insta story all week a heap of content from both sides of the fence. just needs to be smarter on his social media. no issue supporting your mates in grand finals but wearing a team's jersey when you're contracted to another club is inexcusable imo.

He didn't put it all over his social media that he was in a riff jersey, if he did that then i'd be pissed.

I think he’s only spent the last 3 yrs with them from 2017 -2020. as per google

Celebrate all he wants without their jersey.

@member850 said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486668) said:

Edit: just saw Demos post

@member850 said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486670) said:
@member850 said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486668) said:

Edit: just saw Demps post

@cochise said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486654) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486635) said:
@celtic_tiger said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486630) said:
This is not OK. I really like Laurie but he should be sacked for this.

How can we ever be taken seriously as a club if we cop the likes of this.

Imagine how it will be taken as a club if we sack a player for wearing a rival jersey that he played in 12 months ago.

We would be crucified

If I was a sponsor I would be ropeable.

Not sure if there are any conflicts but imagine Bryden's competitors sponsor Penrith and Daine is wearing a jersey with their name in it. I would threaten to pull sponsorship if the club didn't take this seriously.

This just further shows that players only look at WT as a stepping stone and to break into first grade.

@yeahcaz said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486664) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486655) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486646) said:

Imagine how it will be taken as a club if we sack a player for wearing a rival jersey that he played in 12 months ago.

We would be crucified

If you downvoted and disagree and think we should sack a top 3 Rookie this season for something like this, you are a deadset moron.

I didn’t downvote you but Lauries actions are indefensible.

And you think this is a sackable offence ?

As a fan who dedicates a large amount of time and money to the club and absolutely HATES Penrith? Absolutely, sack the moron. If that's how he respects the fan base they can launch him to the moon for all I care.

What a slap in the face to us fans both from the club and Tamou and Daine. Seriously. Pull your head in. If there is no punishment to either it's borderline offensive to us fans.

I would certainly not be sacking him. Fine him and make him put in community time. Why release him only for someone else to benefit? Bugger that.

I have less disdain for Laurie as he didn't appear to plaster it all over social media or anything, got caught up in the moment and got caught on camera. Our "captain" made public comments about Penrith this year and posted on social media about them.

Inexcusable behaviour from Laurie and Tamou IMO.

Massive slap in the face to the fans.

@yeahcaz said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486661) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486643) said:

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

This really shows the dna of the club being full of people that don't give a shit and treat it as such.

What if Pascoe was still a Panthers fan? would it be ok for him to dress in brown and go hang out with the players?

He was amongst those boys not even a year ago so shoot for him supporting. The jersey is a bit OTT but it’s not worth this amount of carry on.

Yeah and you can blame that on this team having zero culture and identity for over a decade. Like I said earlier, we are in no position to scrutinise players for this because we haven’t earned anyone’s respect and rightfully so

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

This really shows the dna of the club being full of people that don't give a shit and treat it as such.

What if Pascoe was still a Panthers fan? would it be ok for him to dress in brown and go hang out with the players?

He was amongst those boys not even a year ago so shoot for him supporting. The jersey is a bit OTT but it’s not worth this amount of carry on.

Yeah and you can blame that on this team having zero culture and identity for over a decade. Like I said earlier, we are in no position to scrutinise players for this because we haven’t earned anyone’s respect and rightfully so

Who hasn't earnt anyone's respect?

Crikey .. let the kid be .. like someone else said on here that he spent most of his football life playing with these guys .. he grow up with most of them. Is it a bad look, yes .. did he cut a team mates grass, no .. is he snorting a white powder substance, no ..

He'll be called in for a little chat, and slap on the wrist .. i believe he still lives out there as well .. should we sack because of that too .. ??

@demps said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486662) said:
@cochise said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486657) said:
@demps said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486641) said:
Team should be built on loyalty.
The players in the trenches, everyone getting the backs of the person next to them.
Trust.

Tamou and Daine... how anyone can defend this is beyond belief.

They're representatives of OUR club yet their behaviour is that they're directly representing another club, an opposition club.

I'm not with it and never will be.
Disgraceful.

I was annoyed at AD for liking a post that put us in a bad light lol

It's just gotten worse hasn't it?

I like the kid but jesus, the love shown by former players to their previous club this year is insane. Never seen it before in my life ,done so openly and happily.

Disgusting.

One of the reasons we should have pulled AD into line for his social use, would have nipped it in the bud.

@cochise said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486679) said:

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

We haven’t. Why would we ?

@tigerskins05 said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486680) said:
Crikey .. let the kid be .. like someone else said on here that he spent most of his football life playing with these guys .. he grow up with most of them. Is it a bad look, yes .. did he cut a team mates grass, no .. is he snorting a white powder substance, no ..

He'll be called in for a little chat, and slap on the wrist .. i believe he still lives out there as well .. should we sack because of that too .. ??

3 years isn't his whole life.

@yeahcaz said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486682) said:

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

Are you saying "We" as in the fans, have not earnt the respect of players?

@yeahcaz said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486682) said:

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

We would be crucified

what's new? and so what?

We earned his respect when we gave him a first grade contract and a first grade opportunity when he couldn't get a sniff at his beloved Panthers.

100% commitment to the club is the least we should expect.

Okay for some it was a sackable offence, to me it was a kid celebrating a win that involved probably his best mates. Not a great look but on a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it a one. Far worse things happening in Tigertown than that

@demps said in [Daine Laurie](/post/1486641) said:
Team should be built on loyalty.
The players in the trenches, everyone getting the backs of the person next to them.
Trust.

Tamou and Daine... how anyone can defend this is beyond belief.

They're representatives of OUR club yet their behaviour is that they're directly representing another club, an opposition club.

I'm not with it and never will be.
Disgraceful.

For sure there is no NRL club committment these days. It's a sign of the times unfortunately. Money, drugs and playing up have a place prior to club player loyalty and committment. And it is certainly affecting our club Wests Tigers.

Back