David Klemmer #264

Tbh while he's been great with us I don't think he should play for nsw there are props that give just as much but have a faster play the ball which wasn't prioritised as much during the period woods played in rep teams
Thats a fair argument.

Klem has been fantastic both on and off the field.

Remember he replaced James Tamou who may have been good off the field, yet left a lot to be desired on it

Leads by example and will show the young forwards how to prepare and last in the Front Row for many years
I posted here when we signed Klem that I though he could be what Tamou was for Penrith in 2017 (and what we hoped he would be for us). I think Klem's actually been better, the numbers have been absurd and he's not taking any easy carries or going for cheap meters to the detriment of the PTB speed. He's been unreal, deserves his flowers for sure.

Klem has been fantastic both on and off the field.

Remember he replaced James Tamou who may have been good off the field, yet left a lot to be desired on it

Leads by example and will show the young forwards how to prepare and last in the Front Row for many years
Really enjoy what Klem brings to the team
Gets us out of trouble with his powerful bursts when needed
Awesome stuff

Some people on here think that he is playing poorly.

I know that stats don't always tell the whole story, but if these stats are correct they are not indicative of someone playing poorly.

I think that possibly some have seen a change in his running style and aggression and equate this to playing poorly.

I know that stats can vary between different sources, but the stats that I looked at show he has missed 1 tackle and conceded 2 penalties with no sin bins or send offs, which seems very reasonable to me for his output in other areas of the game.

If he was strictly playing the role of a JWH or Victor the Inflictor type enforcer, which is the style I believe some on here were wanting him be playing, then the penalty, sin bin and send off stats would go through the roof simply because he is playing for us and on any perceived reputation that may have carried over from the past.

Just for the record I am not saying that there is cheating or bias against certain teams and players by officials even though some of them have their eyes painted on and have a very poor interpretation of the rules and events that have occurred on the field.
Within a 10 week timeframe, those stats are unbelievable (especially for a prop)
Klem was obviously a top priority signing for Sheens.
The current stats were no near at his previous clubs
Klem has proved strongly to the club, and it is showing

I love David Klemmer. He is so reliable. Gives you exactly what you expect of him each and every week. Dunno what we are paying him but so far he is worth every cent!
Klem is a beast. Nearly the same size and weight as tamou but such a massive difference, I don't think it's so much a different coach with the others but, geez they have all lifted their game. Having and impact workhorse foward has even taken the pressure off twally, now he is playing career best I think

Klem is a beast. Nearly the same size and weight as tamou but such a massive difference, I don't think it's so much a different coach with the others but, geez they have all lifted their game. Having and impact workhorse foward has even taken the pressure off twally, now he is playing career best I think
No way, Tamou’s head alone would would be bigger than Klem.

WT were able to move Musgrove on ($500k) and replace him with Klemmer ($400k this year). 150m a week and has 1 missed tackle through 10 games. Been great value, even without the contribution he has made around the club with the younger forwards.
Hard to say who the better buy is, but API probably just shading Klem, but I wouldn’t argue the point. Both been great.
And I’ve said it before but getting rid of Muzgrove was as good as a quality signing in regards to the roster.

347237104_256945733413083_6335606846408109949_n.jpg

Hard to say who the better buy is, but API probably just shading Klem, but I wouldn’t argue the point. Both been great.
And I’ve said it before but getting rid of Muzgrove was as good as a quality signing in regards to the roster.
Musgrove and Kelma being gone is a huge bonus. Both were terrible, could never make their tackles and had heaps of errors in their games.

I don't believe I am bias but why is Klemmer not been at least talked about for SOO..
He is absolutely killing it this year with his meterage's and hardly misses a tackle. I don't want to lose him but dead set him and Api deserve it.
Has done well but his rep days are over.
You don’t play Test footy, then fall out of favour and return.
Be happy that we’ve got him all to ourself. He’s lovin it.
Did you see him chanting and clapping Brooks with the crowd. Now that someone who has bought into the culture.
Looks lean but plays tough and I think it’s starting to rub off on Stef,

Members online

Back