David Klemmer #264

Has done well but his rep days are over.
You don’t play Test footy, then fall out of favour and return.
Be happy that we’ve got him all to ourself. He’s lovin it.
Did you see him chanting and clapping Brooks with the crowd. Now that someone who has bought into the culture.
Looks lean but plays tough and I think it’s starting to rub off on Stef,
I agree but he deserves a spot of some of the others they are talking about.. I don't want to lose him either for us but what a reward it would be and also show other you can play SOO if you come here

He's the best prop we've ever had. Ellis probably still is our best overall forward, but no prop has run so consistently well and been so dominant defensively. He takes the really gritty hit-ups as well. Incredible.

I was concerned about his speed and fitness but even tracking back after making a tackle he makes solid repeat tackles. This was an exploited weakness of forwards like Musgrove and Tamou (who also fell off tackles and were messy in getting back).

Crazy he's not in Origin and TPJ is.

Look at Klemmer's stats. He's absolutely still an elite prop and a capable pack leader. He generates second phase play and consistently gets over the advtanage line - a lot of this talk about his play being limited is wrong. He may not be the most damaging runner, but I'll take a guy who puts up a quality 150m+ and 25+ tackles a week no worries.
Klemmer is a machine. I don't get how some people are opposed to him. It's obvious there's major problems in Newcastle that go beyond him. Bloke is making 150m+ a game off of good quality hit ups. We don't have anyone who comes close to giving us the go forward he does.
Klemmer is still a top 5-10 prop in the game.

Deadset we've had stints with Seyfarth at prop who, while I love the effort he brings, offers absolutely nothing going forward.

I don't know how anyone could not want him in our line-up.
Only Payne Haas and Joseph Tapine make more metres per game than Klemmer. 27 tackles with less than 1 missed a game. Over an offload a game.

He gets over the advantage line. He creates second phase. Plays big minutes and generates post-contact metres while being sturdy in the ruck defensively.

He's easily a top 10 prop in the league still. He should be playing origin not going to England lol.

Gonna toot my own horn with some of the comments I made about us potentially signing him in August/September of last year when a lot of people were calling him a plodder & a typical "past-his best" signing.

😎😎😎

He is in top form. Great to see a senior player leading by example in week to week performance - not just lip service. His kickoff returns in particular are setting the standard for our other players and he looks to be properly invested in our club.

I thought he was a great signing and the proof has been in the pudding.

One of the absolute keys to what I expect is a club turnaround. His influence on the likes of Stef & Pole could be unmeasurable, but at the same time, offers excellent quality play on the field.

Funny thing is- I thought he played like this last year. Not sure what the Knights were thinking.

One of the absolute keys to what I expect is a club turnaround. His influence on the likes of Stef & Pole could be unmeasurable, but at the same time, offers excellent quality play on the field.

Funny thing is- I thought he played like this last year. Not sure what the Knights were thinking.
He has always played consistently well, should never have been dropped from origin.

David Klemmer had 1 try in 5 full seasons and now has more WT tries than Alex Twal

Go Figure

Gun signing , done usmproud every time he runs out for this club
call him up for SOO now , he deserves it , better than most going around , Freddy needs to get his head out of his arse and get back to grass roots footy , origin calls for hard men , hello Klemmer calling

David Klemmer so far in 2023

13 games
50 mins per gams
Ave 152 metres
26 tackles per game
1 missed tackle (99.7% tackle efficiency)
15 offloads

Just from watching 16 weeks of footy, I haven't seen too many props matching run metres nor tackle efficiencies than Klem. That is what you call a true footballer that knows their game accordingly.

Freddy selected Hudson Young again lol. For what? 20 minutes from a back rower like Game 1? Win or lose, Freddy is fried.

Freddy you don't know your job as you think you do.

Punt him 🥾

Sorry but I had to start his own thread, it needs discussion.

So many Tigers supporters look at the stats on paper and support Klemmer. Good metres, great tackle efficiency. All looks good.

For those that do, please go back and watch his contact in defence today. Yes he makes every tackle, but at what cost? He goes in so soft that the opposition land in their front and gain great momentum.

As for attack, its Aaron Woods all over. Good metres but lands on his back for a super slow play the ball.

David Klemmer enforcer? Hahahaha.
NO.

Unfortunately we don't have depth to not have him in the 17, but he needs a rocket and needs to be dropped to the bench.

So many Tigers supporters look at the stats on paper and support Klemmer. Good metres, great tackle efficiency. All looks good.

For those that do, please go back and watch his contact in defence today. Yes he makes every tackle, but at what cost? He goes in so soft that the opposition land in their front and gain great momentum.

As for attack, its Aaron Woods all over. Good metres but lands on his back for a super slow play the ball.

NO.

Unfortunately we don't have depth to not have him in the 17, but he needs a rocket and needs to be dropped to the bench.
Agree. On attack as well the start of his hit ups look like he is running in wet concrete.
Unfortunately our depth is horrible. When he is fit I’d be getting the Fainu brother (Sione not Latu) into the forward pack. Twal start, Klemmer bench and Seyfarth left right out.

NO.

I have been arguing with my lot about this for a while. They are now starting to listen.

Tigers need enforcers. Fainu brothers look up for it.

Klemmer needs to be better. We already have Twal playing the no-mistakes game. If he can't step it up, Twal is cheaper...

I defended Klemmer, Twal and Uto before. No more. Stef fires up when the game is done - how about doing somet
Enough is enough with the softness of this club. The fact the energy and effort from 2 kids in Fainu and Galvin stood out so much is testament to the fact we've been fine with mediocrity too long.
Big job for Benji and Richo.

Klemmer & Twal offer the same service.

I don't think we need both in the team.
Happy for Twal and Stef to start.

I like Twal more than Klemmer.
I'd let Klemmer go and aim to upgrade.
Xavier Willison would be the #1 I'd want.

Back