David Nofoaluma #164

Good luck to David Nofoaloma at Storm .I happen to think he's been one of our best for many years and now all the guys spewing out all the hate mail on this forum are happy . Our top try scorer and a good finisher with good hands and safe under high ball . This year he got very little ball and suspect maybe Jacko didn't like him but I'm just guessing anyway he's gone and hopefully Kepoa ,Toa and JTJ will be good .Good test against broncos I sincerely hope they pass it
So many tigers cop it on this forum .Seems once your on the outer the vitriol never ceases

Good luck to David Nofoaloma at Storm .I happen to think he's been one of our best for many years and now all the guys spewing out all the hate mail on this forum are happy . Our top try scorer and a good finisher with good hands and safe under high ball . This year he got very little ball and suspect maybe Jacko didn't like him but I'm just guessing anyway he's gone and hopefully Kepoa ,Toa and JTJ will be good .Good test against broncos I sincerely hope they pass it
So many tigers cop it on this forum .Seems once your on the outer the vitriol never ceases

He gets far more criticism than he deserves imo,there is no doubt he has deficiencies in parts of his game but much of the flak he gets is because of the bigger failings of his inside defenders.Undoubtedly his current contract is for too long/cost but that is on a certain chairman who intervened to keep him at the club.

He gets far more criticism than he deserves imo,there is no doubt he has deficiencies in parts of his game but much of the flak he gets is because of the bigger failings of his inside defenders.Undoubtedly his current contract is for too long/cost but that is on a certain chairman who intervened to keep him at the club.
100%

I was very unhappy about his A/B defenders remark and alleged unprofessionalism last 2 years.

However, prior to that- he's been a very steady winger for us. He's been our best winger since Tuiaki IMO. I do wish him well and hope he comes back a better player next year for us.

I’m guessing Brooks is gone, in a case of out with the oldest players and in with the new guard . The WT are finally making the hard decisions . I hope we keep this mentality going forward. If they can’t crack it for a new contract, I don’t care if there locals, they have to go. These things always have to happen a lot sooner than 8 years in most cases.
I don’t think it’s Brooks thats gone. It’s more like Hastings

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Not sure why fans here have such a dislike for him. Can anyone explain?

I think he makes misreads defensively and can't always match wingers with the high ball but I think he's a good kick returner and a good runner out of dummy half as well as finishing well when he gets the chance. I think he runs sideways too often and can sometimes try to offload at bad times, but he has some ability. He probably had his best year in his contract year, but I don't think he's dropped off that much.

I don't really see a lack of effort from him.

It's weird about Nofo - he should be reasonably well respected, despite a negative defensive reputation, he certainly can score, he has played many games and he clearly displays passion for the club and jersey (e.g. when he re-signed during the "Big 4" fiasco).

On the other hand, something about him does rub people up the wrong way. He does appear to go about his business not just in a passionate, but perhaps a seemingly arrogant way. Nobody seems particularly upset that he's basically been dropped for a number of weeks or otherwise been absent from the side.

Nobody seems particularly fussed that he's having a stint in Melbourne.

Which begs the question, is this indifference deserved, or not? Fans don't turn on players for no reason.

Not sure how I feel about this type of thing. I know the club will get some money out of this, but....it just feels like turning us into a feeder club.

We got Harry Grant off them for a year, but if the shoe was on the other foot, would they do the same for us paying cash for a player for the remainder of the year?

It's weird about Nofo - he should be reasonably well respected, despite a negative defensive reputation, he certainly can score, he has played many games and he clearly displays passion for the club and jersey (e.g. when he re-signed during the "Big 4" fiasco).

On the other hand, something about him does rub people up the wrong way. He does appear to go about his business not just in a passionate, but perhaps a seemingly arrogant way. Nobody seems particularly upset that he's basically been dropped for a number of weeks or otherwise been absent from the side.

Nobody seems particularly fussed that he's having a stint in Melbourne.

Which begs the question, is this indifference deserved, or not? Fans don't turn on players for no reason.
Brooks and Nofa have been here for most of the finals drought so they are heavily targeted, but as you said the perception of him can be that he's arrogant. I saw him at my gym a couple of times while he was out with concussion, he didn't exactly hit the weights with the energy I'd expect from a professional athlete but again that's just a perception.

If Tedesco stayed and we still didn't make finals I'm confident he would also be a forum punching bag.

Members online

Back