David Nofoaluma #164

Ok before the party poopers kick it off.

He should have at least play one more fair well game.
Nah, the BALLS up way , they get paid to respect the hand that feeds them,
Remember Luciano, no farewell 100th.

I have a feeling that there is an attitude issue and a falling out with the playing group which is bordering on toxic as some others have suggested.

I wonder if Bellyache will put him through the Storm Induction Program that consists of working on a building site as a labourer to test his attitude and bring him back down to earth.

Some how I doubt that will happen but may just be the thing he needs to ground him.
To be fair.. this would be a perfect thing to do...

If he doesn't pass the test, Belly tells Sheens Nofa is useless and Sheens shops him around.

For people that don’t know, he has been putting shit on a lot of our young blokes to there face and behind there back, this is the type of bloke he is. A couple of other players have had enough of it and so we have finally decided to do something about it, I actually don’t mind him as a player, but he definately isn’t much of a bloke from what I hear.
I didn't see it, but my wife said a young guy after the Parra game, maybe Toa went up to Nofo to shake his hand and Nofo brushed him. She said it looked horrible and felt sorry for the young guy.

It's weird about Nofo - he should be reasonably well respected, despite a negative defensive reputation, he certainly can score, he has played many games and he clearly displays passion for the club and jersey (e.g. when he re-signed during the "Big 4" fiasco).

On the other hand, something about him does rub people up the wrong way. He does appear to go about his business not just in a passionate, but perhaps a seemingly arrogant way. Nobody seems particularly upset that he's basically been dropped for a number of weeks or otherwise been absent from the side.

Nobody seems particularly fussed that he's having a stint in Melbourne.

Which begs the question, is this indifference deserved, or not? Fans don't turn on players for no reason.

My biggest criticisms stem from him repeatedly getting caught out defensively (he does have plenty of mates there, but as a winger, you have one job: to mark your opposite number,) slating teammates on social media about his own shortcomings and his comments about going to play finals at other clubs during his last contract negotiations when at the time he'd only scored more than 10 tries twice in a season in something like nine seasons at WT.

I get the feeling that @sly is pretty close to the young fellas based on their posting history, so while I haven't personally heard anything from any players' mouth directly, it would appear he has had some other disciplinary issues this year so he has form.

Good luck to David Nofoaloma at Storm .I happen to think he's been one of our best for many years and now all the guys spewing out all the hate mail on this forum are happy . Our top try scorer and a good finisher with good hands and safe under high ball . This year he got very little ball and suspect maybe Jacko didn't like him but I'm just guessing anyway he's gone and hopefully Kepoa ,Toa and JTJ will be good .Good test against broncos I sincerely hope they pass it
So many tigers cop it on this forum .Seems once your on the outer the vitriol never ceases
The name Luke Brooks ring any bells?

The guy is a Wests junior who’s played 175 games for our club.

He deserves a little more respect than the fans give him.

I hope he blitzes it with the Storm 👍
don't care if he is a wests junior or balmain junior who cares
So Brooks deserves respect because he is a balmain junior
A wests tigers is a wests tiger

On another matter, can someone on here please tell me why Seyforth keeps getting the call up.
Nice country fella but brings nothing dynamic to the pack. Usually good for a couple of dropped balls, missed tackles, penalties and no yardage.
I think he is going to be a speed bump for Haas. Get the young guys out there and give them a mission.
If you’re good enough you’re old enough.

Certainly at times Nofo hasn't had the best attitude but I think some people are being a bit harsh on him recently. One of our best for a long time now and loves the club. Not perfect by any means and made mistakes along the way but has gone through so much crap at Wests and is still with us.

I didn't see it, but my wife said a young guy after the Parra game, maybe Toa went up to Nofo to shake his hand and Nofo brushed him. She said it looked horrible and felt sorry for the young guy.
I actually remember seeing it on tv in the back ground possibly, if you got KAYO
play the end of the game again, troll and post back who ever looks into it.

Tupou is a dynamic winger , in the Folau mold . Naden is much the same . Nofa sounds like he’s been a culture killer for a while now . It’s probably best he moves on . Hope it’s permanent .

Tupou is a dynamic winger , in the Folau mold . Naden is much the same . Nofa sounds like he’s been a culture killer for a while now . It’s probably best he moves on . Hope it’s permanent .
Cmon tupou please scores one try let’s in three, but he’s only young. Not blaming him as his inside men are often poor, same as Nofa has!
Can’t wait for Nofa to be a star and u lot to start complaining about letting ‘the good ones go’.

I actually remember seeing it on tv in the back ground possibly, if you got KAYO
play the end of the game again, troll and post back who ever looks into it.

Just watched it - Hard to say to be fair....
He held his hand out for To'a to slap it
Neither of them really seemed to speak.
Nofoaluma didn't look at him at all - Wouldn't say he brushed him....
Didn't look any different to any other exchange after a loss I don't think.

Cmon tupou please scores one try let’s in three, but he’s only young. Not blaming him as his inside men are often poor, same as Nofa has!
Can’t wait for Nofa to be a star and u lot to start complaining about letting ‘the good ones go’.
What the hell are you talking about ? Tupou is like 4 games in , excuse me if I’m not rating him with the same scrutiny as a a guy with 175 first grade games .
He’s dynamic is all I said in the same vein as an Israel Folau type . That’s all I said . The rest is all created in your head . Nofa does need to to move on . From the Hastings stoush , to the rumoured bullying of young players , to the stoushes with coaches , bludging in rehab . He’s clearly taking the piss because he’s comfortable . So he needs to go .

Back