David Nofoaluma #164

He gets far more criticism than he deserves imo,there is no doubt he has deficiencies in parts of his game but much of the flak he gets is because of the bigger failings of his inside defenders.Undoubtedly his current contract is for too long/cost but that is on a certain chairman who intervened to keep him at the club.
Went thru recordings of last few games and it was incredible how ball never got to him Toa never passed the ball and his last game Brooks finally ran across field and he got 2passes in the last 10 mins and resulted in 2 tries
Before that only 2 passes against dogs yet he scored off a miss kick beating Addo Carr . Against cows he wasnt there but twice our centers badly out of position . I also think AJ is error prone .My opinions are purely based on watching the games unlike some I don't pretend to know these players personally.
By the way with a cap of $9.4 mill for top 30 players that's 310 k average per player so 500k a little above average and Peachy 2 years $750k or $375 k pa is slightly above average .Brooks combined $2 mill over 2022/2023 is the one that's way high

Have been thinking over the day..

Nofa says he’s a proud one club man.. which will end when he goes to the Storm.

His time is done!

I’d laugh if we go on the up and Storm hang low on the bottom.

It's weird about Nofo - he should be reasonably well respected, despite a negative defensive reputation, he certainly can score, he has played many games and he clearly displays passion for the club and jersey (e.g. when he re-signed during the "Big 4" fiasco).

On the other hand, something about him does rub people up the wrong way. He does appear to go about his business not just in a passionate, but perhaps a seemingly arrogant way. Nobody seems particularly upset that he's basically been dropped for a number of weeks or otherwise been absent from the side.

Nobody seems particularly fussed that he's having a stint in Melbourne.

Which begs the question, is this indifference deserved, or not? Fans don't turn on players for no reason.
It's weird about Nofo - he should be reasonably well respected, despite a negative defensive reputation, he certainly can score, he has played many games and he clearly displays passion for the club and jersey (e.g. when he re-signed during the "Big 4" fiasco).

On the other hand, something about him does rub people up the wrong way. He does appear to go about his business not just in a passionate, but perhaps a seemingly arrogant way. Nobody seems particularly upset that he's basically been dropped for a number of weeks or otherwise been absent from the side.

Nobody seems particularly fussed that he's having a stint in Melbourne.

Which begs the question, is this indifference deserved, or not? Fans don't turn on players for no reason.
Agree with your initial summation which makes you wonder if it’s a behind the scenes issue. Certainly looks that way to me.

Good luck to David Nofoaloma at Storm .I happen to think he's been one of our best for many years and now all the guys spewing out all the hate mail on this forum are happy . Our top try scorer and a good finisher with good hands and safe under high ball . This year he got very little ball and suspect maybe Jacko didn't like him but I'm just guessing anyway he's gone and hopefully Kepoa ,Toa and JTJ will be good .Good test against broncos I sincerely hope they pass it
So many tigers cop it on this forum .Seems once your on the outer the vitriol never ceases
I wonder about this forum sometimes.

Obviously, any perceived attitude and defensive weaknesses from here don't hold much water with the games gun coach who has made a habit of tapping into a production line of GF wingers like Koro, JAC and now Nofo.

This year I felt he was close to flawless.

We have to get him back with interest.

Can't be just a charity club.

Seems we are the ones who dumped nofo and when storm asked could they borrow him we are the ones who said ok
Just wait all the haters will twist it all around and soon they will say he walked out on us and was disloyal

I do think that the two centres are getting more confident, maybe with more top grade games under the belt, or even having AD at 6.
Hopefully that will translate into our wingers getting more opportunities.
Brooks is still an issue, look at the suicide pass he did on his own line recently, or the intercept.
He floats in and out of the game, doing good things, then very bad things.
I personally think he is unreliable which is not what you want from a 7 but seems like he must have a clause in his contract that says he can’t be dropped.
Also, why don’t Tigers kickers ever vary the high kicks, to on the grass, away from back 3, always a good alternative but never tried.I thought the high kick was a Madge tactic but seems to have continued under BK.
Madden is obviously not rated although with a good 6 and 13 around him he may flourish.

For people that don’t know, he has been putting shit on a lot of our young blokes to there face and behind there back, this is the type of bloke he is. A couple of other players have had enough of it and so we have finally decided to do something about it, I actually don’t mind him as a player, but he definately isn’t much of a bloke from what I hear.

Agree with your initial summation which makes you wonder if it’s a behind the scenes issue. Certainly looks that way to me.
Fact that he cant make 1st grade side for quite some time now suggests its definitely a behind the scenes issue.He's our best back when focussed
The reserve grade thing itself is a huge call by the club...throw in the Storm loan..and theres definitely a problem between him and "management"
Irreconcilable differences probably

Reactions: BZN
For people that don’t know, he has been putting shit on a lot of our young blokes to there face and behind there back, this is the type of bloke he is. A couple of other players have had enough of it and so we have finally decided to do something about it, I actually don’t mind him as a player, but he definately isn’t much of a bloke from what I hear.
Disgraceful.

I think it will be good for Nofa. He needs to experience a different system that is built around success. Hope he learns a bit of humility down there and comes back a better version of himself.
I have a feeling that there is an attitude issue and a falling out with the playing group which is bordering on toxic as some others have suggested.

I wonder if Bellyache will put him through the Storm Induction Program that consists of working on a building site as a labourer to test his attitude and bring him back down to earth.

Some how I doubt that will happen but may just be the thing he needs to ground him.

Reactions: BZN
I have a feeling that there is an attitude issue and a falling out with the playing group which is bordering on toxic as some others have suggested.

I wonder if Bellyache will put him through the Storm Induction Program that consists of working on a building site as a labourer to test his attitude and bring him back down to earth.

Some how I doubt that will happen but may just be the thing he needs to ground him.

Lol he's not putting him through anything

Storm need backs right now for their finals run.
He's straight into grade.

Latest posts

Members online

Back