David Nofoaluma #164

Corey Thompson was a fantastic winger
It was odd the way we punted him.
I never fully understood why. Oh yea we had to make room for Mbye... After we upgraded Corey who was on a 100k min contract we went "oops we can't afford the upgrade we voluntarily gave you"...

Corey had his faults. But he seemed to be the exactly what we needed in the backline. Man just horrible hiring/firing decisions.

I never fully understood why. Oh yea we had to make room for Mbye... After we upgraded Corey who was on a 100k min contract we went "oops we can't afford the upgrade we voluntarily gave you"...

Corey had his faults. But he seemed to be the exactly what we needed in the backline. Man just horrible hiring/firing decisions.
Wasn't a Madge type of player

Sorry lost thread...
People were talking about Nofo and moving Daine Laurie to the wing.
Daine Laurie is 181cm, one of the shortest in our backline.
Brent Naden is taller 183, Nofo is 1 cm taller at 182, Ken M is 6"3 aka 191 cm.

I have huge problems moving short guys or even shorter guys to the wing. Whenever a team can't score they put up a high bomb over the goal line and hope their winger can outreach the opposing winger.

Yes the Fox is an exception, yet he has had melbourne tough as nails coaching to deal with defensive inadequacies.

Lets not coach/guide Laurie into a position he won't be physically be able to perform his best at. I would rather see Daine at Center where there are less high balls, maybe 5/8. He would have to seriously muscle up though.
Junior T and Staines shoukd be the infers send nofo to reserve grade and hope he bails to join another club

Corey wanted to go home to Queensland. We weren't offering him an extension so we let him go early out of good will.

I think the issue was we were conceding a lot of tries in air. We had Nofoaluma on one wing and Thompson on another. Nofoaluma will overall probably end up having a better career. I think we made the right call then. I absolutely love Thommo, he tried hard but had too many deficiencies in his game. He wasnt our biggest issue but he was the only one we could move on, I doubt many teams were bidding for the other talent we had.

I’d have Nofo in reserves.
He looked disinterested for most of the last trial.
Both Staines and Junior outplayed him.
Disagree you are just death ridding him. On the wing it was tupou 1st then, Nofa then brown stains( which played better at fullback. You are dreaming if u think Nofa won’t be first winger picked! It’s a trial champ when tupou has a heap of try’s in the top grade like Nofa then maybe. Stains may get the other wing spot over tupou due to his diversity to play fullback.

Disagree you are just death ridding him. On the wing it was tupou 1st then, Nofa then brown stains( which played better at fullback. You are dreaming if u think Nofa won’t be first winger picked! It’s a trial champ when tupou has a heap of try’s in the top grade like Nofa then maybe. Stains may get the other wing spot over tupou due to his diversity to play fullback.
Wait...
You just said Tupou was best in the trials. Yet Nofo is first winger picked.
I hope we at least recognise Merit.

Wait...
You just said Tupou was best in the trials. Yet Nofo is first winger picked.
I hope we at least recognise Merit.
No, it’s a trial. Canberra we’re really bad, hard to judge off that game. I was impressed with the tupou defence on the line, but his try any one could have scored. Runs on the board buddy, highest try scorer of our club. With your rational we shouldn’t pick api or brooks as they didn’t play in the trials??

No, it’s a trial. Canberra we’re really bad, hard to judge off that game. I was impressed with the tupou defence on the line, but his try any one could have scored. Runs on the board buddy, highest try scorer of our club. With your rational we shouldn’t pick api or brooks as they didn’t play in the trials??
I truly believe Tupou is the better option going forward, worse case scenario he goes on par with what Nofo has produced over the last couple of years. He's getting better and better with more game time and confidence, we don't know what his ceiling is. We've seen the ceiling of Nofo, and who knows if he will reach that again. Just trying to look forward. I understand if Nofo gets picked first up, but a proactive coach would be monitoring that spot very closely, maybe re-evaluate after a couples and pick on form, not history. Don't give a rats if he has most tries for this club.

Back