David Nofoaluma #164

@Spud_Murphy said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272484) said:
@bptiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272480) said:
I would be very surprised if nofa left , he has always come out and supported the club , as long as our offer is a good one he will stay .

Yes true, but he may want to play for a club that is actually a shot a winning a premiership or at least get to experience what it’s like playing in the finals. It must be very disheartening for a player to spend their whole career playing for a team that never makes the finals. He still has a lot to offer a team, but time is not in his side age wise. He has to make a good decision for what may possibly be his final contract.

I know it’s hard to fathom in this day and age, but there still are some genuinely loyal players around who love their club. Noffa definitely is one of those.

Our offer won’t chopped liver. It would be very competitive with what he’s offered elsewhere.

Also, shout out to Noffa, whose birthday it is today. One of two great men whose birthday is November 28.

@GNR4LIFE said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272488) said:
Our offer won’t chopped liver. It would be very competitive with what he’s offered elsewhere.

Is that based on this years cap or next years reduced pie? All players will be expected to take a cut but his manager already has his hand out for more! When many have lost jobs, businesses and we are expecting our nurses, doctors and Police to effectively take a pay cut in NSW. how far removed from reality are some players?

Loyalty only exists with the fans. I'm sure Nofa loves the WTs but that may not be enough for him to re -sign if he receives a better offer elsewhere.

@cqtiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272226) said:
@voice_of_reason said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272221) said:
@cqtiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272212) said:
Sees someone like Cotric get offered $600k and others leave Wests Tigers for more money even though they were still under and agreed contract.
>
If he leaves this weakens us?

I think you've answered your own question. If he leaves, it will cost us (perhaps) $600k to get a similar replacement. Given Nofo was a winger of the year it could be argued it may cost even more. Paying $600k for a winger will definitely weaken us.

Despite what some think, there is not a proliferation of quality wingers on the market and the ones available are costing more than Nofo. If we're trying to keep the cap in check we're better off keeping him.

We definitely shouldn't pay overs - nor offer too long a contract - but for the sake of $50k or whatever we'd be mad not to try and retain him. I doubt any other winger we could buy would bleed gold and black like Nofo and provide the stats he does.

Haha
I will guarantee you that we can have a winger play for us for well under $600k.

Some people.

You are correct cq - I'm sure we could get wingers to play for us for nothing.

They would also not be worth a bean.

@BAGNF05 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272273) said:
@InBenjiWeTrust said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272272) said:
@InMadgeWeTrust said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272237) said:
Nofo is the heart and soul of this club. This is not a black and white situation about whether he’s worth this or that.

If Nofo leaves it is an absolute travesty and a truly dark day for this club.

And for those people saying 500k is only reserved for elite wingers. Jesus Christ...HE IS AN ELITE WINGER!

He is without a doubt in the top 5 wingers in the game and last season was head and shoulders the best.

it could be interesting to hear how much would people pay for Mansour? For mine Nofoaluma is the same type of player,
it could be as always 'the grass is greener ...'?:thinking_face:

Nofa at age 26 probably has at least 3 top years left, I’d have him at 400K-425K over 3

Mansour at age 30 probably has one left maybe 2 max, I’d have him at 275K over 2

So your going to downgrade Noffos contract - I'm sure he will be pleased with that.

@Russell said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272530) said:
Nofo is the heart and soul of this club. This is not a black and white situation about whether he’s worth this or that.

And for those people saying 500k is only reserved for elite wingers. Jesus Christ...HE IS AN ELITE WINGER!

He is without a doubt in the top 5 wingers in the game and last season was head and shoulders the best.

it could be interesting to hear how much would people pay for Mansour? For mine Nofoaluma is the same type of player,

Nofa at age 26 probably has at least 3 top years left, I’d have him at 400K-425K over 3

Mansour at age 30 probably has one left maybe 2 max, I’d have him at 275K over 2

So your going to downgrade Noffos contract - I'm sure he will be pleased with that.

Russ, NSW is expecting our doctors, nurses and police to effectively take pay cuts while putting their lives on the line against Covid19. Many businesses have also gone under and jobs lost. Why should a footballer be exempt from cuts especially when Abdo has already said the grants will be cut. Nofoaluma's manager needs a reality check.

Manly just signed a couple of decent wingers over 3&4 years. Guessing for much less than Nofa’s asking price. I realise Manly’s cap management is not exemplary, but they are definitely spending the cap on the right positions.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272534) said:

Russ, NSW is expecting our doctors, nurses and police to effectively take pay cuts while putting their lives on the line against Covid19. Many businesses have also gone under and jobs lost. Why should a footballer be exempt from cuts especially when Abdo has already said the grants will be cut. Nofoaluma's manager needs a reality check.

Yes so should Josh Addo-Carr's

@Geo said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272538) said:

Do you want a tissue? Nofoaluma is a good club winger, nothing more. Not sure what JAC has to do with it.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272540) said:

Do you want a tissue? Nofoaluma is a good club winger, nothing more. Not sure what JAC has to do with it.

They all want the most $$$$ they can get..No..?

@Geo said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272542) said:

They all want the most $$$$ they can get..No..?

All need a reality check, Nofoaluma's manager especially. Quite different when revised grants are advised to clubs. Luckily with Packer and Reynolds gone we have margin to absorb reductions but there should be no increase for Nofoaluma. He has had one good year in attack, very poor defensively. His current contract imo is more than generous.

That’s what I think he’s worth at his age and with his limitations. He had a good year. Let’s not pay him big money for 3 years because he had one.

There is a big difference to start with talking about front line workers and footballers.
Also talking about what that goose Gladys is doing to the state and football - two different things again.

I don't see players like JAC, Grant etc. advocating they are happy to take a paycut.

Lastly - Noffo is on 450k - with h is last two seasons especially he would rightly expect a pay increase. How much that is would be debatable. I would think around 10% would be reasonable (that would give him approx. 500k). I would think that would be ok.

Nobody should have to take a pay cut that is doing their job. If Gladys stopped spending money on favoured electorates and stupid projects she wouldn't have to ask people to take a pay cut.

I assume if you are still working - you would also be happy to take a paycut - if I was working I wouldn't.

Is he wanting a pay cut?

@Russell said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272557) said:

There is a big difference to start with talking about front line workers and footballers.
Also talking about what that goose Gladys is doing to the state and football - two different things again.

I don't see players like JAC, Grant etc. advocating they are happy to take a paycut.

Lastly - Noffo is on 450k - with h is last two seasons especially he would rightly expect a pay increase. How much that is would be debatable. I would think around 10% would be reasonable (that would give him approx. 500k). I would think that would be ok.

Nobody should have to take a pay cut that is doing their job. If Gladys stopped spending money on favoured electorates and stupid projects she wouldn't have to ask people to take a pay cut.

I assume if you are still working - you would also be happy to take a paycut - if I was working I wouldn't.

Job losses, pay cuts, poverty and then player managers wanting contract increases. I hope Hartigan is firm but polite. This is our.offer and we won't budge.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272567) said:
@Russell said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272557) said:

Job losses, pay cuts, poverty and then player managers wanting contract increases. I hope Hartigan is firm but polite. This is our.offer and we won't budge.

How do you know - they won't budge?

Fact
Nofa made 89 tackles in 2020 and missed 33.
Wingers don’t deserve half a million bucks a year, unless your wearing a Kangaroos jersey.

Latest posts

Back