David Nofoaluma #164

@hobbo1 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272122) said:
@happy_tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272111) said:
@hobbo1 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272106) said:
@happy_tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272078) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272069) said:
@balmain-boy said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272065) said:
He's been overpaid for a while. Some are saying 500k but that would place him in the top5 highest paid wingers in the game. Is he that good? No.
His value is probably about 400k. He's been on 450k for a while now after his previous loyalty. Definitely can't see madge offering him more than he's on now. You'd offer him a 2 year extension on the same money.
He hasn't earnt a big payday. Just because he tries hard doesn't mean we should offer contracts based on our hearts not our heads. He's no gamebreaker or matchwinner. His defence is poor. He's fairly easily replaced although the media will crucify us if we don't keep him. We need new blood, and players with a winning mentality, to take us forwards as a club.

Well said

Yep people need to remember he was signed after that amazing Rd 1 performance v Souths in 2017 when he had a heap of offloads and was paid around 450 k from memory ...since he signed last season was the only time he probably earned it ....I'm not begrudging the bloke for getting those bucks ...but you can't claim to be a great clubman and then sell yourself out like he did in the media .....

Just my two bobs

Trade him for a clothes dryer

After he wrestles the bear and finds the possum

Seriously though ... if Nuffoaluma could learn to defend ( no more spook plays) you’d give him the 500k

As for now ... tell him he’s dreaming !

Just fine him 5 k a missed tackle ...we will recoup that money before you know it

@JayT said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272128) said:
I can't see how losing Noffa could be a good thing.

It's amazing how morale/performance is lifted when younger players know a position is available on a permanent basis. One door closes, another opens. It has to be a positive for WTs.

@Jedi_Tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272091) said:
@das-tigers said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272081) said:
I don't mnid noffa having a look at the market.I'd be annoyed if we didn't put in
a good offer for him or he took similar $ to play against us.

but 100k less is 100k you can't spend on someone else,, every player has a price point happy if club kept the 400k to 450k for 2cyears or something he is a wing er not a 1 6 7 or 9

100%...I want us to put in a good offer not an overs offer.

Very disappointed in Nofa coming out and saying what he did , especially with what’s going on with JA. Negotiate with integrity and do it behind closed doors. Don’t come out and tell the whole world. You had an amazing year, but we still put up with you when your weren’t so good.

@happy_tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272133) said:
@hobbo1 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272122) said:
@happy_tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272111) said:
@hobbo1 said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272106) said:
@happy_tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272078) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272069) said:
@balmain-boy said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272065) said:
He's been overpaid for a while. Some are saying 500k but that would place him in the top5 highest paid wingers in the game. Is he that good? No.
His value is probably about 400k. He's been on 450k for a while now after his previous loyalty. Definitely can't see madge offering him more than he's on now. You'd offer him a 2 year extension on the same money.
He hasn't earnt a big payday. Just because he tries hard doesn't mean we should offer contracts based on our hearts not our heads. He's no gamebreaker or matchwinner. His defence is poor. He's fairly easily replaced although the media will crucify us if we don't keep him. We need new blood, and players with a winning mentality, to take us forwards as a club.

Well said

Yep people need to remember he was signed after that amazing Rd 1 performance v Souths in 2017 when he had a heap of offloads and was paid around 450 k from memory ...since he signed last season was the only time he probably earned it ....I'm not begrudging the bloke for getting those bucks ...but you can't claim to be a great clubman and then sell yourself out like he did in the media .....

Just my two bobs

Trade him for a clothes dryer

After he wrestles the bear and finds the possum

Seriously though ... if Nuffoaluma could learn to defend ( no more spook plays) you’d give him the 500k

As for now ... tell him he’s dreaming !

Just fine him 5 k a missed tackle ...we will recoup that money before you know it

5k for every missed tackle that is the Centre of Excellence paid for

@05TIGZZ said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272141) said:
Very disappointed in Nofa coming out and saying what he did , especially with what’s going on with JA. Negotiate with integrity and do it behind closed doors. Don’t come out and tell the whole world. You had an amazing year, but we still put up with you when your weren’t so good.

He is getting a big head from the year he had, he forgets the other poor 6 years or so.

Interesting to see Nofa representing the players at the official start of construction of the COE today.

@Jedi_Tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272145) said:

He is getting a big head from the year he had, he forgets the other poor 6 years or so.

He's coming of a pretty good contract when he signed that contract from memory a lot of people considered he was being paid overs good luck to him in that regard but this is now he's 26 I think at best you could say he's be consistent but hardly a great winger is he irreplaceable No if he's getting offered the same or close to it he should take it and move on.

But Nofa did the exact same thing when he last was up for contract renewal, word for word just about.

@tiger_one said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272163) said:

But Nofa did the exact same thing when he last was up for contract renewal, word for word just about.

Did he ...I didn't remember that ....then again he has probably seen 5 coaches ...3 CEO's .....2 boards ...no one would remember lol

So he has form. In light of the JA situation, it’s very poor form for nofa to come out publicly.

I reckon people are reading too much into the article. I don't have any problems with Nofo and I hope we keep him.

We just can't pay overs. Let players go when they are trying to screw us for every possible cent unless they are marquee talent.

@05TIGZZ said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272166) said:

So he has form. In light of the JA situation, it’s very poor form for nofa to come out publicly.

He also knocked back a large offer from Parra and waived the then 10 day cooling of period and signed on the dotted line when the rest of the rats were deserting the ship and the then Club captain telling players they should sign elsewhere..it is what it is..

@Geo said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272170) said:

He also knocked back a large offer from Parra and waived the then 10 day cooling of period and signed on the dotted line when the rest of the rats were deserting the ship and the then Club captain telling players they should sign elsewhere..it is what it is..

Good on him. I’m talking about the current situation.

@05TIGZZ said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272175) said:

He doesn't have form. Tedesco, Matterson, Morrison and Teo are the types of guys who act like spoiled brats. I don't think Aloiai was as bad as those guys although he played it poorly.

I'm not going to put Nofo in that category.

Which is..same as every other player off contract ..Jerome Hughes said the same thing after recieving a low ball offer from the Storm..that he will be testing his value on the open market..they all do or they are very ill advised..

@Geo said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272178) said:

Which is..same as every other player off contract ..Jerome Hughes said the same thing after recieving a low ball offer from the Storm..that he will be testing his value on the open market..they all do or they are very ill advised..

Which was again poor form. Same as Bateman last year, very poor form. Anyone doing their negotiating in public is displaying poor form. Doesn’t make it okay if others are doing it.

All these players wanting more $ but not in tune with the reduced pie advised by Abdo last night in the news.

Back