David Nofoaluma #164

@Geo said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272296) said:
Wingers are more important than centres these days..good one's are not a dime a dozen..the ability to finish TRIES and get sets off to a good start can't be undervalued..

He adds a lot to the team. Let's hope we keep him.

Regarding Nofo reported comments, he was front and centre in the photo’s of turning the soil today (assume it was today or yesterday) at Concord, which is a bit strange of the club if they suspected he may looking at leaving us?

@TigerWest said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272323) said:
Regarding Nofo reported comments, he was front and centre in the photo’s of turning the soil today (assume it was today or yesterday) at Concord, which is a bit strange of the club if they suspected he may looking at leaving us?

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/27/$75-million-revamp-of-concord-oval-begins/

I wonder if Aloiai there with his lawnmower? Lol

@cqtiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272226) said:
Haha
I will guarantee you that we can have a winger play for us for well under $600k.

Some people.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you think is funny.

Yes, I'm certain we can secure a winger for less than $600k and I'm sure Nofo is one of them.

Nofo was Dally M winger of the year, voted players' player and IIRC topped the prestigious WT Forum player of the year. I think he placed third last year so it's not a one-off performance. He's also a second tier international.

Cotric is on $600k and Addo-Car, if reports are to be believed, wants closer to $800k. Mansour was on $600k I believe.

I don't think we should pay Nofo that sort of money but I also don't think Cotric or Mansour are worth it or better. We have to be smarter: Packer on $700k, Grub on $750 and Mbye on $900k?

I'd put Nofo's value at around $525k. If the club isn't happy to pay it I'm sure he'll find it somewhere else, but it would be insanity to push Nofo out only to have to pay more to get an equivalent player.

@Harvey said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272241) said:
I reckon he could play fullback or in the backrow. Pay him 700k and convert him

You're in a particularly jovial mood tonight.

@cqtiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272212) said:
Nofo dancing to his managers tune.

Sees someone like Cotric get offered $600k and others leave Wests Tigers for more money even though they were still under and agreed contract.

My view is still this ... Nofo has been here for a long time and we have never made the top eight.

If he leaves this weakens us?

defensively stronger however less potent in attack

It’s very strange they chose him to put in the photos if he potentially may not be there to enjoy it. Pom said he is close to singing an extension so hopefully this is all true

@GNR4LIFE said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272062) said:
Wow the amount of doom and hate in this thread over a stock standard answer from a player who is in the middle of contract negotiations is embarrassing.

I thought you were desensitised to players leaving? Why would you be upset if other thought the same?

Wow the amount of doom and hate in this thread over a stock standard answer from a player who is in the middle of contract negotiations is embarrassing.

Nobody hates noffa. Plenty want value for money in contracts however.

Hopefully we can hold onto Nofo. Surely we will be able to offer a good contract as we would be able to use the club veteran allowance and still be smart with the cap.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272384) said:

I thought you were desensitised to players leaving? Why would you be upset if other thought the same?

I think it’s obvious there’s one or two using his comments to grind an ax

@GNR4LIFE said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272445) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272384) said:

I think it’s obvious there’s one or two using his comments to grind an ax

Imo he is on max you would pay him. If he wants more go to another club. That is business and Abdo has advised the grants pot will be smaller next year regardless of the long service allowance. Far better wingers in Korobeite and JAC have left the Club previously and I know we will have the juniors to promote to replace him.

@TigerSkins said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1271936) said:
If Nofa does decide to leave .. we have plenty left to replace him:

Asu Kepaoa
Paul Momirovski
Tommy Talau
Reece Hoffman
Wllien Kei
Zac Cini
Kane Bradley

And all those guys would only be a little bit more then what Nofoaluma is on

@voice_of_reason said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272330) said:
@cqtiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272226) said:
Haha
I will guarantee you that we can have a winger play for us for well under $600k.

Some people.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you think is funny.

Yes, I'm certain we can secure a winger for less than $600k and I'm sure Nofo is one of them.

Nofo was Dally M winger of the year, voted players' player and IIRC topped the prestigious WT Forum player of the year. I think he placed third last year so it's not a one-off performance. He's also a second tier international.

Cotric is on $600k and Addo-Car, if reports are to be believed, wants closer to $800k. Mansour was on $600k I believe.

I don't think we should pay Nofo that sort of money but I also don't think Cotric or Mansour are worth it or better. We have to be smarter: Packer on $700k, Grub on $750 and Mbye on $900k?

I'd put Nofo's value at around $525k. If the club isn't happy to pay it I'm sure he'll find it somewhere else, but it would be insanity to push Nofo out only to have to pay more to get an equivalent player.

But what would you pay for JAC?

@TigerWest said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272457) said:
But what would you pay for JAC?

As a winger, I'd say maybe $650k. Wing is a more important position now than in past years but it's still hard to see tying up $700k plus on a winger. If he was playing and performing at fullback then $800k + could be his value.

Player values need to be read in context against the rest of the team. No matter how good the player is if they're over-priced for the spot you need they're poor value.

This is why Tamou looks like a value buy. Compare his $350k against Packer on double that. Even in top form Packer would struggle to be better than Tamou.

@Tweed_Tiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272388) said:
Hopefully we can hold onto Nofo. Surely we will be able to offer a good contract as we would be able to use the club veteran allowance and still be smart with the cap.

I’m absolutely sure we have offered him a good contract. Whether he or his management sign it, we’ll have to wait and see.

POM has said Nofo will be a good Xmas present so that tells me his signing wasn’t going to be straight away.

I would be very surprised if nofa left , he has always come out and supported the club , as long as our offer is a good one he will stay .

You often hear about players saying they want to hit the open market and see what there value is then the next few weeks they sign an extension hopefully this is the case

@bptiger said in [David Nofoaluma](/post/1272480) said:
I would be very surprised if nofa left , he has always come out and supported the club , as long as our offer is a good one he will stay .

Yes true, but he may want to play for a club that is actually a shot a winning a premiership or at least get to experience what it’s like playing in the finals. It must be very disheartening for a player to spend their whole career playing for a team that never makes the finals. He still has a lot to offer a team, but time is not in his side age wise. He has to make a good decision for what may possibly be his final contract.

Back