David williams = worst NSW winger ever?

anderson_silva

if not hes definatly in the top 3, he cant hold the ball, he cant tackle, makes bad defensive reads im serious i dont think ive ever seen a worse 2 game display from any player in origin history, i think its safe to say that he has been found out at this level, lets not forget that he was playing park footy 18 months ago, he isnt up to that high standard of football, this kid is way over-rated, he was extremely lucky to retain his spot after origin 2 now there is definatly no was he can be considered for origin next year

please correct me if im wrong

@anderson silva said:
if not hes definatly in the top 3, he cant hold the ball, he cant tackle, makes bad defensive reads im serious i dont think ive ever seen a worse 2 game display from any player in origin history, i think its safe to say that he has been found out at this level, lets not forget that he was playing park footy 18 months ago, he isnt up to that high standard of football, this kid is way over-rated, he was extremely lucky to retain his spot after origin 2 now there is definatly no was he can be considered for origin next year

He and Gallen and Lyon should be marked "never again"

@smeghead said:
@anderson silva said:

He and Gallen and Lyon should be marked "never again"

Can't argue with that. Williams and Jennings (to a lesser extent) were made to look like park footballers last night. Defensively both players were never in the hunt against QLD.

Ummm….He's mighty close but that crown will forever be ........Phil Duke's.....

@Yossarian said:
They should pick both the Morris boys and play Hayne at FB. Jennings was useless last night too.

Agreeeeeeeee.

Although NSW have picked some mighty dud wingers in the last two years. Williams, McManus, Quinn etc. And then to pick Lyon. What a joooke!

Morris boys, Hayne, Lawrence and maybe Cooper shouldve been the back 5 IMO

That would have to go to Steve Turner for last years effort would'nt it…

he's certainly not as cohesive on his feet compared to Hayne, the Morris brothers or Chris Lawrence. But state of origin is another game.

williams > ryan

Next year the backs should look something like this:

1\. Hayne
2\. Lawrence
3\. Jennings
4\. Cooper
5\. Morris (Brett)
6\. Soward
7\. Mullen

If they don't pick Farah next year they are dumb. O.K NSW won the match but with QLD at full strength next year they'll be nothing more than spectators. Kimmorly= too old and Barrett + Ennis = scum….

I think with Wolfman, it's easy to forget, he only has about 30 NRL games to his name. How many people are thrust into origin with so little experience?

Williams has been poor. Why he continued to go high on Inglis is a mystrey. If you are going to go high on Inglis your going to have to grab an arm.

I'ld have the Morris boys with Jennings and Cooper next season. Hayne at fullback as he is our best player and being wasted on the wing.

@Rare Tiger said:
Next year the backs should look something like this:

1\. Hayne
2\. Lawrence
3\. Jennings
4\. Cooper
5\. Morris (Brett)
6\. Soward
7\. Mullen

If they don't pick Farah next year they are dumb. O.K NSW won the match but with QLD at full strength next year they'll be nothing more than spectators. Kimmorly= too old and Barrett + Ennis = scum….

cooper? can he use a walking stick. :laughing:

@Benji-Marshall-luvr said:
He plays alright in FG. Had a killer year on debut last year, maybe its the nerves of Origin. :confused: He's just not ready for that yet.

How many people make origin after 20-30 NRL games. Not close enough to being ready.

Josh Morris was ordinary aswell, constantly had Hayne unmarked outside him, and took the tackle.

game 1, 2010
1\. Stewart
2\. Hayne
3\. Jennings
4\. Lawrence
5\. Brett Morris

I would never stamp a player never to play origin again. People thought Queensland should do it with Hodges and now look at him.

He did make some blundering mistakes but think of the blokes experience level. I'd have to say stick with him and he'll come good. If he's picked next year I think you'll see a more steady and solid performer. The Morris boys could well have the same issues on debut and probably would. I think that the current team should be given first dibs at next years game one and see how they go.

Qld always pick the same team with minor changes and those players step up for Origin. The new blokes in their lineup usually stuff something on debut but they stay with them. It's about time we do the same.

Back