DEFENCE BEST EVER!

sleet52

While this year has definately ended on a sour note there are definately some positives to take out of it. One of them being that our defence has never been better! With one game remaining we have conceded just 471 points 64 less then our 2004 season.

I would normally feel better but it doesn't excuse missing the finals (again) with the players we have!! We should be a top 4 team but our coach has officially lost the plot.

@Mrs Brightside said:
I would normally feel better but it doesn't excuse missing the finals (again) with the players we have!! We should be a top 4 team but our coach has officially lost the plot.

comparatively to other squads we are not a top 4 team, never have been

@sleet52 said:
While this year has definately ended on a sour note there are definately some positives to take out of it. One of them being that our defence has never been better! With one game remaining we have conceded just 471 points 64 less then our 2004 season.

That's the sort of statistic you bring up at a pub after you've been continually heckled at a pub for supporting the WestsTigers. That stat reflects the sub-standard level of this year's competition. but who knows…Bulldogs could smack the Tigers 66-0 on friday.

sharks in 2007 finished in the middle somewhere coz they lost plenty of games by 4 point or less.
in 2008 they won those games and finished equal first.
this year we have also lost a hand full of games by 2pts or less. if we can turn those into victories next year, we will be in the top 4.
i think injuries killed us as well as a few ridiculous reffing decisions.
having said that, it is still very disappointing to miss the finals again.
i thought i was angry when we missed them last year. this year i am even more so.
im hating this time of the year more and more.

@Torbizlo said:
sharks in 2007 finished in the middle somewhere coz they lost plenty of games by 4 point or less.
in 2008 they won those games and finished equal first.
this year we have also lost a hand full of games by 2pts or less. if we can turn those into victories next year, we will be in the top 4.
i think injuries killed us as well as a few ridiculous reffing decisions.
having said that, it is still very disappointing to miss the finals again.
i thought i was angry when we missed them last year. this year i am even more so.
im hating this time of the year more and more.

You could've written that EXACT same post for the past 3 years at this time of year…

All in all this year was dissapointing but we still had some amazing wins:

1\. 16-6 against the storm actually winning a game with our defence.
2\. 26-24 against the knights coming from 14 points down.
3\. 23-6 against the eels breaking our hoodoo.
4\. 19-18 against the eagles defeating the defending premiers.

@crouching_tiger said:
@sleet52 said:

That's the sort of statistic you bring up at a pub after you've been continually heckled at a pub for supporting the WestsTigers. That stat reflects the sub-standard level of this year's competition. but who knows…Bulldogs could smack the Tigers 66-0 on friday.

Hahaha exactly what I was going to say. I think the dogs have a good old fashioned arse whooping in store for us…...

@Gobbs said:
Best defensive year or not, Wests couldn't defend when it mattered.

who can defend against injuries. we were struck down. tuaki took the mojo with him when he limped of the field against parra. then we went down like pins after that.

Wouldnt be many from 04 still here would there?

Bit pointless comparing stats of 2 squads five years apart imo…..better to compare our D to those we D against. Weve this year to date had our line crossed 81 times, only 7 teams better that. Best is 56 (St GI), worst - 114 (Roosters)

@innsaneink said:
Wouldnt be many from 04 still here would there?

Bit pointless comparing stats of 2 squads five years apart imo…..better to compare our D to those we D against. Weve this year to date had our line crossed 81 times, only 7 teams better that. Best is 56 (St GI), worst - 114 (Roosters)

Only reason im comparing them is because 2004 was our best season in defense previously.

@Gobbs said:
Best defensive year or not, Wests couldn't defend when it mattered.

Come on Gobbs - they defended well against Manly and against Parramatta (first match).

They were the times that mattered!

@supercoach said:
you mean Ellis defended better, thats the difference

Don't forget Lawrence…thought he's defence this year has been outstanding...

Oh...Benji went good to....

Our D is better but has our attack gone downhill? I know our attacking stats our usually flattered because we flog a bunch of bottom 4 teams each year and go on a little streak that really inflates the tries scored stat, but generally I think we were winning game with lower scores and shorter margins this year.

We got beaten by more than 20 points 6 times last year, only twice this year, as for our attack, it's the 2nd highest since the merger.

@stryker said:
@crouching_tiger said:
@sleet52 said:

Hahaha exactly what I was going to say. I think the dogs have a good old fashioned arse whooping in store for us…...

e,

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

What a top judge,do you read palms as well????? :laughing: :laughing:

Latest posts

Members online

Back