Defence in the last month

softlaw

While we haven;t played top line sides we have only let in 32 points in the last 4 games we have played.
That's quite exceptional.
Well done to Folkes and other coaching staff and to the players.
We're about 5th best in defence atm even including the 50 point flogging against Souffs.

Next week will be a real test but if we keep our defence this solid I think we'll have more points in us then St George.

Has won us every game in the past month….

How many opportunities did we butcher...

I have 2 words...Todd Payten....

@Geo. said:
Has won us every game in the past month….

How many opportunities did we butcher...

I have 2 words...Todd Payten....

Toddy has been tackling well, but they all have really. Lui chalked up 30 tackles today which is a game high for him. The scramble is working well and the Tigers are holding the ruck which is great to see.

defence is best its been for a long long time.. even better then 05

It's just brilliant. I can't remember a betta time when we have defended better

I never thought I'd see Robbie Lui with over 30 tackles in a game. Excellent stuff. Had a bit of a shocker ball in hand today but it might have been worth it to get him 30 odd tackles more shoulder hungry eh?

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
@izotope said:
defence is best its been for a long long time.. even better then 05

We just outscored most team tbh… this year the defence is actually standing up!!

Definitely, our defense has been better all in all than in 05, however I will never forget our semi vs St.George Illawarra, the boys were swarming in defense like a hive of angry bees. They were everywhere.

our suspicions have been confirmed

Tries Conceded From Close range

1\. Dragons: 0.86
2\. Wests Tigers: 1.08
3\. Storm: 1.29
4\. Bulldogs: 1.38
5\. Panthers: 1.46
6\. Sea Eagles: 1.5
7\. Raiders: 1.54
8\. Broncos: 1.57
9\. Eels: 1.69
10\. Rabbitohs: 1.79
11\. Roosters: 1.85
11\. Warriors: 1.85
13\. Titans: 2
13\. Cowboys: 2
15\. Sharks: 2.15
16\. Knights: 2.21

* per game

i believe this shows we have the ability to grind it out by effectively shutting out players from close range

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59139/is-this-the-stat-which-could-derail-the-titans/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the person most responsible for our defence is Folkes. One of the best defenders in his playing days. Payten really leads the way in defence. The whole team is tackling well which wins the big games. One aspect of our game that needs to improve is our kicking game. We hardly bomb and not so good on obtaining repeat sets of six with short balls into the in goals.

Back