Discussing Wests Tigers/posting

aajlewis

Have been on this forum a long time, don't post much but enjoy reading quality posts by willow and the rest of the originals.
The quality has really dipped since everyone new has joined.
Can we actually discuss footy and tactics instead of the painful, 'we lost so let's talk about how bad this player is and how he should be dropped'
It's killing the forum with redundant remarks, also to Milky, with your posts maybe you should focus on quality over quantity champ

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

We cannot all be "originals", however, i share your frustration with the negative bombardment of individuals. Milky at least offers alternatives, albeit a large number of them.

Its a Forum ,everyone has a right to an opinion right or wrong

Whether you have been here since Day 1 or it was your first post yesterday we all have the same rights

In effect what your saying is the people who were first on the Forum know more about the game

Its clear a younger group have joined the forum and i do admit i dont enjoy posting as much as u used to.

Its unfair to say that about the young guys but im just being honest. You can read the immaturity in many posts.

I really enjoy the Forum, The only thing that shits me is the get rid of every Player after we have a loss. As for Milky he is a lot younger then me but i love reading his posts.

Its human nature guys…..as you grow older and get more experience you understand that its impossible to win every game and for every player to have a blinder each week.

The forum has always been the same. People use it to vent. For a long time here a few years ago there were irrational calls each week to drop Fulton. In hindsight how wrong were they. He has played 200 games and is the first player picked until his recent concussion experience.

So these young guys will learn some composure over time and at the end of the day what is said on this forum has no bearing on what happens in reality. You think Potter gets on here after a loss and reads and says on well i must drop Lawrence because the forum said so.

Its funny to read the match threads to see how people react during the game. At the 10 min mark they are dropping some player and when he scores 10mins later its ok. Emotion does strange things to your brain. Sure i wanted to drop Lawrence last night in the heat of the moment….but i know he is our best option at the moment.

Every wondered why some of the best coaches are often emotionless (bennett, sheens etc.)?

@king sirro said:
Its clear a younger group have joined the forum and i do admit i dont enjoy posting as much as u used to.

Its unfair to say that about the young guys but im just being honest. You can read the immaturity in many posts.

We all were young once KS :wink:

It just seems such a long ,long time ago

@larrycorowa said:
Its human nature guys…..as you grow older and get more experience you understand that its impossible to win every game and for every player to have a blinder each week.

The forum has always been the same. People use it to vent. For a long time here a few years ago there were irrational calls each week to drop Fulton. In hindsight how wrong were they. He has played 200 games and is the first player picked until his recent concussion experience.

So these young guys will learn some composure over time and at the end of the day what is said on this forum has no bearing on what happens in reality. You think Potter gets on here after a loss and reads and says on well i must drop Lawrence because the forum said so.

Well said Larry. Could not agree more!

@larrycorowa said:
Its funny to read the match threads to see how people react during the game. At the 10 min mark they are dropping some player and when he scores 10mins later its ok. Emotion does strange things to your brain. Sure i wanted to drop Lawrence last night in the heat of the moment….but i know he is our best option at the moment.

Every wondered why some of the best coaches are often emotionless (bennett, sheens etc.)?

Imagibe if coaches reacted the way members here do…week after week.
We'd need a squad of 70 or 80

People dont seem to realize a coaches first rule will be to have as few disruptions as possible

There will be enough thru a year out of his control to deal with, week to week isnt the time for wholesale changes....the coach and the squad need belief first and foremost, if we go chopping and changing week after week it solves nothing, members here thik its a solution, its not, its nothing more than text on a screen.

Seasons end is when wholesale changes are to occur, you make your bed at the start of the year you gotta work with what you have, 2nd tier cap, inexperience, injuries, rep call ups and suspensions all play their part....knee jerk reactions never got any footy team anywhere

Players have bad games at times, and when out of form should be dropped for players in better form, if available. Our back line has been struggling for past month.

Tigers are in a mid season slump; in 7 games we have lost 4,with narrow wins over bottom 2 teams and Parra. In 2 of these wins the our opponents scored more tries; our attack has faded.

This all in a period when Farah has been unavailable.

Hopefully with players returning and good team selections Tigers can come out of slump and performance improve.

Last night Potter was simply out coached by Maquire with a better game plan.

@happy tiger said:
@king sirro said:

We all were young once KS :wink:

It just seems such a long ,long time ago

thats cause it was…..
\
\
:wink:

@innsaneink said:
@larrycorowa said:

Imagibe if coaches reacted the way members here do…week after week.
We'd need a squad of 70 or 80

People dont seem to realize a coaches first rule will be to have as few disruptions as possible

There will be enough thru a year out of his control to deal with, week to week isnt the time for wholesale changes....the coach and the squad need belief first and foremost, if we go chopping and changing week after week it solves nothing, members here thik its a solution, its not, its nothing more than text on a screen.

Seasons end is when wholesale changes are to occur, you make your bed at the start of the year you gotta work with what you have, 2nd tier cap, inexperience, injuries, rep call ups and suspensions all play their part....knee jerk reactions never got any footy team anywhere

there was a good article last year around round 8-10 that looked at this. The teams with the least changes to their squads were 1st and 2nd respectively ( i think souths and storm from memory) and the teams with the MOST were 2nd last and last. Probably us and the eels.

For example, the roosters built up momentum last year through a lack of injuries while souths lost it when A. Reynolds was injured in a finals game, and GI did his knee in. Similarly, they were thrown into disarray in the first 6 rounds with all the shuffling of Keary, Walker and Sutton. Now they are playing Walker centre, Sutton 6 they are flying well.

Injuries and suspensions will give potter room to move players around when needed throughout the season.

Completely agree that im happy members dont have a say in selections. I've heard people say drop Lawerence, Anasta, Blair, Luani just from that game alone. The replacements would be Lulia, Austin simultaneously coming in for Luani and Anasta unless you want to put an even bigger defensive liability in Moses in for Anasta who would concede as many tries as he scores and Im not even sure who would replace Blair. Probably Suaso Sue with some reserve grader coming onto the bench.

I like how every time someone uses a different term to try and describe their thoughts or feelings that it suddenly gets used against them usually in a negative way. "Original posters" is now going to be used against anyone who has been on here for a while.

When, in actual fact, it should be considered an honour. The same honour that new members will have in 10 years time. An honour that is earned.

@Tiger Gaz said:
Players have bad games at times, and when out of form should be dropped for players in better form, if available. Our back line has been struggling for past month.

Tigers are in a mid season slump; in 7 games we have lost 4,with narrow wins over bottom 2 teams and Parra. In 2 of these wins the our opponents scored more tries; our attack has faded.

This all in a period when Farah has been unavailable.

Hopefully with players returning and good team selections Tigers can come out of slump and performance improve.

Last night Potter was simply out coached by Maquire with a better game plan.

I don't think Potter was outcoached

We just didn't have the playing personnel to play the game plan we needed to win

We were always going to lose the forward battle last night without Woods ,Farah and Gavet

Add to the that the horrific ball control and we didn't have a hope

Potter didn't turn the ball over or arm grab in defence and I'm sure Kidwell doesn't coach that

Really there should be a ban on posting within a few hours of the game, way too much emotion and unbalanced comments.

It's the same thing that makes some people throw things at the telly or think that if they fold or unfold their arms it makes a difference to the result.

Don't worry too much if the quality or negativity of the comments seems to overload. It only takes a few days breather and/or a win to change all of that.

Isn't this thread a bit hypocritical?
OP, you state that the forum is down in quality due to 'newer' members posts not being as good as those from 'original' members. Thats fair enough you are entitled to your opinion.
But, you claim the reason for this is that these 'newer' members topics are not pertaining to footy and tactics. Is this thread about footy and tactics? No…
But nobody is going to tell you how to post or what to post about, so it's unfair of you to tell other members what they should or shouldn't do.

@Sabre said:
Isn't this thread a bit hypocritical?
OP, you state that the forum is down in quality due to 'newer' members posts not being as good as those from 'original' members. Thats fair enough you are entitled to your opinion.
But, you claim the reason for this is that these 'newer' members topics are not pertaining to footy and tactics. Is this thread about footy and tactics? No…
But nobody is going to tell you how to post or what to post about, so it's unfair of you to tell other members what they should or shouldn't do.

Yup this is one of the most redundant threads of all.
The periodical 'how I think everyone should be posting' thread.

I beg to differ. I agree with the OP.
Some of the nonsense on here is mind boggling.
However there are gems amongst the rubble.

I believe a 'dislike' or 'rant' button next to the 'like' button would give many of the emotional posters something to think about.

Seeing a running tally demonstrating how frustrated people are with stupid overly negative posters would provide some accountability and clear feedback to a few who really need it.

Back