Dumb, dumb, DUMB!

Team_Tiger

I find it amazing how often we kick in general play on tackle 2 or 3 when our kicking game is so crap!

Yet when we run the ball we are so dangerous. It defies explanation??????

My God, it's frustrating!

Gotta go forward before you can go wide.

Earn the right!

We never earn it, and it is worse because we get away with it so often!!

Marshall can't kick it showed tonight, we really need to work on our long kicking game… Marshall if he is going to kick needs to do a soward and move back deep and get time to kick the bloody ball!!

@Muffstar said:
problem is there is no urgency chasing the ball when they do kick, it does not matter what tackle it is.

Thats what infuriates me as well mate…feel like running on the field and kicking them up the backside.

Marshall is not a halback and he never will be. The coach is an utter fool who never learns his lesson. Marshall has a terrible kicking game. Always has.

He should be a wide 5/8 or centre.

SACK SHEENS.

one loss and bug is back
:stuck_out_tongue:

@Team Tiger said:
I find it amazing how often we kick in general play on tackle 2 or 3 when our kicking game is so crap!

Yet when we run the ball we are so dangerous. It defies explanation??????

My God, it's frustrating!

Agree 100%

Kicking on tackle 2 and 3 should only every be done in a game when there are very wet conditions. I could maybe understand it a little better if we had the best kicking game in the league but we are far from that.

It is obvious that our left hand attack is so superior to our right hand side yet we appear to go mostly down the right side in most matches. I can't understand why.

We need to set our forward runs down the middle or right and side of the field in the early tackles. Then get the ball to our left as quick and often as possible. Lawrence and Turqiri and major weapons we need them to get the ball as much as possible.

I personally think we get our game right we can still beat the Dragons and they are considered the best team in the competition.

We can still go a long way this year.

I recall there was a set early in the first half where the Tigers gained around 61m from hitting the ball up. I was pretty pleased with this. But then it went back to the usual 20-30m gains.
Once again the WT kicking game was below par, although Farah did manage a few great kicks. Marshall should not be an option in this department.
WT desperately need a long range kicker and Lui has not been the answer so far this season. Nicholls has the most accurate at the club and then Lazarus. But Lazarus has better vision with the ball in hand which makes him more elusive closer to the line.
Soward's feign to kick the field goal and vision to see the WT rush up in defence saw how a great attacking half's vision can easily tear up an opposition.
Moltzen has a sharp turn in his game to be able to react quickly enough to catch out defenders as well.

As it currently stands this is the order of preference for the club's number 7 jersey:

1\. Moltzen
2\. Lazarus
3\. Nicholls
4\. Lui
4\. Fitzhenry or ANYONE except Marshall

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
Marshall can't kick it showed tonight, we really need to work on our long kicking game… Marshall if he is going to kick needs to do a soward and move back deep and get time to kick the bloody ball!!

Spot on, every time he kicks he is under pressure and half the time the ball hits someone in the head or is charged down. If he moved back a few metres he would be in a much better position to kick.

Cannot agree more….........spot on
Dumb, dumb, dumb

maybe they should forfeit all contract payments and start playing for a winning fee..............then see how smarter they play........the last couple of weeks have been very unintersting for the players.............why should it be when they get paid like brain surgeons and and play like their(brain surgeons) patients!!!!!!

Back