Dwyers minutes

fergiefurr

seem to be getting less and less every week. last night he came on with 23 to go and went off with about 4 left on the clock for fulton.

last week he was great against the broncos and was really our only forward who looked like making a line break.

when we were camped on the titans line and not looking like scoring i was screaming for sheens to put dwyer out there, he was the best hole running player in 17 last night and would have really given us a great option close to the line.

is there a reason he seems to be getting fewer minuted every week?

He is too one dimensional for mine.

Although I was pleased he tried to take on a bigger role in the middle of the park.

He can be exposed in defence as well. Was very lucky not to be penalised a few times last night for silly things like dragging a leg around after a tackle. Experience will get that out o his game though

I think Flanagan offers more over more minutes and if he gets 20 or so he needs to make it quality

@fergiefurr said:
seem to be getting less and less every week. last night he came on with 23 to go and went off with about 4 left on the clock for fulton.

last week he was great against the broncos and was really our only forward who looked like making a line break.

when we were camped on the titans line and not looking like scoring i was screaming for sheens to put dwyer out there, he was the best hole running player in 17 last night and would have really given us a great option close to the line.

is there a reason he seems to be getting fewer minuted every week?

I imagine its how the game at hand is being played out.
Theres no set hard fast time allocation….Fitzy got no time at all, that tells me they thought we were in control for most of the match and no need to fix something that seems to be workin

I'd like to see him come on the 1st half, he seems to get into the game better and have more impact if he's not waiting for an hour.

@smeghead said:
He is too one dimensional for mine.

Although I was pleased he tried to take on a bigger role in the middle of the park.

He can be exposed in defence as well. Was very lucky not to be penalised a few times last night for silly things like dragging a leg around after a tackle. Experience will get that out o his game though

I think Flanagan offers more over more minutes and if he gets 20 or so he needs to make it quality

For what time Dwyer had on the field he played well. Sheenzy needs to manage his bench better and give Fitzy and Dwyer more time on the field.

if he came on midway through the first half it would probably do better to his confidence rather than playing catch up footy in the 2nd

Back