Esan Marsters

tigerap

What a fall from Grace since he left us...

listed as a reserve for the Cowgirls with Connelly Leumelu (who struggled to make Canterbury Cup) listed to play centre...

Also we went hard for Zane Tetevano, he ended up with the Riff, he too is a reserve...

Some big named and highly paid players are struggling in 2020

1st week back from injury for Tetavano. Not sure what the deal is Esan.

It’s funny that people talked him up as a great signing for cowboys. He fixed none of the issues he had at tigers and has seemingly got worse his defence and work ethic is atrocious

He even asked Madge for more money apparently, dodged a bullet there.

Tetevano has been brilliant for Panthers just coming back from injury this week - prob not fit still

As for Esan - well wasn't a surprise for anyone here really

@boonboon said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191644) said:
Tetevano has been brilliant for Panthers just coming back from injury this week - prob not fit still

We tried to warn everyone he’d be crap

The game last year where Latrell Mitchell made him look like a mug, I was convinced he was a career reserve grader after that

To think some people were upset we lost him. So much potential but as soft as they come.

@boonboon said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191644) said:

Yeah the games I saw him play before injury he has been good

@Needaname said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191641) said:

@Needaname said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191641) said:

Think it’s obvious, First game after the coach has been sacked. It tells you how much Josh Hannah rates him.

So bizarre. He was a great rookie. But I've not read any analysis that pinpoints his drop in form. I could only see a lack of effort and focus?

He and Hess have been a flash in the pan.

He leads the league in all the bad stats, like bad reads and mistakes that lead to tries.

He was bog average in state cup with us (often in sec row) and has always been a poor player.

He had one good spell as an nrl center for us and that ended as soon as teams worked out he has no ability to draw and pass...slow for a back and very poor defensively. It is a miracle the Cows came in for him. I swear that footage of Madge dancing at Esan's wedding 'had' to be partly him celebrating the fact we had got out of his contract :)

@JoshColeman99 said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191643) said:
It’s funny that people talked him up as a great signing for cowboys. He fixed none of the issues he had at tigers and has seemingly got worse his defence and work ethic is atrocious

He even asked Madge for more money apparently, dodged a bullet there.

Yup, in every game I've watched him play for the Cows the commentary team were full of praise - very strange.

In all honesty I was upset we lost him, just because I thought if we persevered he would have come good. But it's obviously not happening.

He seems to be lacking confidence atm
I dare say he will end up in the back row.could be really dangerous on the edges with that offload ready to pop

@Sausagesorcerer said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191692) said:
I dare say he will end up in the back row.could be really dangerous on the edges with that offload ready to pop

Oh no not another confidence player .. good grief !

As a new coach your only real play is to drop him or bench him and hope he pulls his finger out. As a player he wants it easy and doesnt want to fight.

One of our best recruitment decisions was releasing him.

@Snake said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191693) said:

@Snake said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191693) said:

? he has got it in him
Maybe I’m being optimistic cause I have no bad feelings towards him

Esan was terrible for us almost every game. His form only deteriorated with the cows. Paul Green buying his signature was laughable. Green really is a shocker of a coach. With a bit of luck, the Donkeys will snap him up.

@tigerap said in [Esan Marsters](/post/1191636) said:
What a fall from Grace since he left us...

Not really.
He was about this crap when he was here.
Just shows how rosy the glasses are that people wear if they see anyone wearing our colours.

Back