ET 'Matt Eisenhuth will be there Round 1'

fergiefurr

Singled him and Joel Edwards out as the two who impressed him the most over the pre season on BSB this morning. I watched about 7-8 nsw cup games last year and he never stood out to me. Obviously Elijah doesn't pick the side but it's a big call. Did anyone see something that I didn't in him last year?

Interesting comment.

We'll see.

Eisenhuth could be the second rower we've been asking for all this time?

He was one of the best in the finals games ..probably the best against Mounties…

Runs hard tackles hard good size and motor..hopefully late bloomer..

gee I hope he has put on 10 -12 kg because he looked very light last time I watched him play. no good having and other bean pole in a side that run over all the time.

@Geo. said:
He was one of the best in the finals games ..probably the best against Mounties…

Runs hard tackles hard good size and motor..hopefully late bloomer..

I also thought he went OK.
Asked some Parra and Panthers mates about him…. They said he was garbage.
That said,
There's always a transition where it gets harder for the bigger kids than it's ever been, I guess they all handle it differently - Maybe he has risen above and decided it's now or never.

But based on what I saw - I'd have thought there he would be no more out of place than others in our 17 each week for the last few years.

Interestingly, He was in the orange shirt (with other 1st string players) with a back row number in the full contact video

@bp tiger said:
gee I hope he has put on 10 -12 kg because he looked very light last time I watched him play. no good having and other bean pole in a side that run over all the time.

Yeah he's got a good frame but is more tall and lean. Would need to add some bulk to be effective in first grade IMO. Will watch him closely at the 9s

I don't mind Edwards. He can really hurt in defence when his team is on the front foot.

Be interesting to see how Matt Eisenhuth goes in the 9's. Noticed he played Australian School Boys and has played Prop,2nd and lock. He'd have to go well to debut ahead of Esan Marsters. Taniela Paseka, Rod Griffin, Wesley Lolo, B Siro,

Or replace any of…Ava, Taylor, Lawerence, Sue,Grant, Ailoai, Felise, Chee-Kam,Joel Edwards, Lovett ect who all played in 2016.

I watched quite a few NSW cup games last year and have to say he did impress me and I wasnt surprised when I'd heard good things about him over the off season previous to this as well. He has always had talent but had some bad luck with injuries at Parra and Pen. He runs well but his defence is great and its not just his actual tackling but seemed to be in the right place position wise and breaks just didn't happen in his area when he was on for the opposition. Looking forward to seeing how he goes but also forwards often take longer to mature esp if they have injuries and it seems the tall ones often do because it takes time to get them too fill out

interestingly Eisenhuth is Paul Gallen's cousin …

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-wont-let-this-one-slip-away-20110625-1gkls.html

he was eventually cut from the Eels by Ricky Stuart & his overhead projector

There was a bloke with same surname runnin with the knights reggies maybe 10 years ago….this bloke ran the ball with no fear or self preservation whatsoever...wonder if related?

@innsaneink said:
There was a bloke with same surname runnin with the knights reggies maybe 10 years ago….this bloke ran the ball with no fear or self preservation whatsoever...wonder if related?

If my memory serves me well, there was an "Eisenhuth", who played in the forwards for the Magpies years ago.

I'd say he is related to st Gregory's college eisenhouths
He will be fit and ready
They are also related to Paul Gallen I went to school with them

Thought he went well in the nines. Defended well and took the ball up with intent and often managed to get an arm free to offload.

I would agree with that not a world beater but a little better than either Lovett/Edwards as a benchie.Time will tell.

Latest posts

Members online

Back