Famous from your school

When i was in year 9 my relief teacher was one of the Field brothers from the wiggles at the time they were in the cockroaches & we made sure he copped it for it
Went to school with a stack of 1st graders
Tiger boys that i was mates with Mick Withers & Benny Galea
Chris Hicks was a good bloke.Scott Petherbridge was a wanker
Puletua was a couple of years younger
& Mark Dynamix the DJ

@Kul said:
Tony Abbott unfortunately

Dear lordy! /smite :mrgreen:

I'll take cabbie punching, foul mouthed Mark Latham (who i've actually met socially, and is a charming, dedicated family man… :smiley:) coming through my highschool any day of the week over that horror.

Tiger Tim Brasher was in the year below me.

Ian Shurbert's sister was my primary teacher. Good sought from what I can remember.

Ian Shurbert came to the school to teach the school's team.

@everett said:

Ian Shurbert's sister was my primary teacher. Good sought from what I can remember.

Grantham College Burwood was it?

Angus Young, Dirk Wellham & me - Ashfield BHS

Big Red Brad Meyers!

When some of the Broncos officials came for a presentation it was as if The Queen was visiting our school.

I went to parramatta Marist.
Paul gallan
Wolf man
Johnny Williams
Daniel irvine
Jason cayless
Chad Robinson
David Bayssari
I think that's it for now.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@tigertown said:
I went to parramatta Marist.
Paul gallan
Wolf man
Johnny Williams
Daniel irvine
Jason cayless
Chad Robinson
David Bayssari
I think that's it for now.

I forgot Jamie Lyon as well.
\
\

@tigerbenji said:
As i said i went to Ibrox Park & we had Bob Grant who played half for Souths & Australia, also Dennis Tutty, Les Mara N.S.W & Des Bonner who played for the Tigers.

lol…...went to Christian Bros Balmain, we controlled most of your turf mate. Never saw an Ibrox boy at Leichhardt Town Hall. We had a host of old boys that played lower grades, including Gary Lonnon and Phil Heggen, two best known first graders would be Bobby Boland and Chook Fraser

Des Hasler was my Year 6 teacher in 1986…..until he went on the Kangaroo tour. He used to say the footy player wasn't him but rather his twin brother.

I'm pretty happy that I didn't go to the other big school in my town as a lot of the 'brothers' are quite famous at the moment for all the wrong reasons, probably why Rodney Rude was sucessfull, Rodney was an old boy of theirs.

@happy tiger said:
Steve Walters
Kerrod Walters
Kevin Walters
Willie Carne (same class)
Brett Plowman
Craig Polla Mounter
Shane Watson
Craig McDermott
Jai Taurima (Silver medallist Sydney Olympics long jump)
Duncan Hall PE teacher (Wallaby)
Bill Hayden (Politician and former GG)
David Wilson (Rugby Union)
Rod Pampling's wife

What school was that happy? One in ipswich??

Ipswich Grammar School

Yep Happy was Grammar Grub

Also forgot current Qld Labour opposition leader Anastascia Plazascuk

@everett said:

What school was that?
\
\

No league players that I am aware of, either primary or high school.
Drop kick Matt adamson was our league coach whilst I was in yr6\. (Gotta give him credit though, he took a bunch of blokes who had basically never played league before and took us undefeated in the schools first year of playing!!)

Most famous person from either of my schools was richie benaud.
\
\

@Tigersmurf said:
Des Hasler was my Year 6 teacher in 1986…..until he went on the Kangaroo tour. He used to say the footy player wasn't him but rather his twin brother.

Pius boy?

Err, obviously benaud was WELLLL before my time though!!!!
\
\

Steve Bernard - (former NSW fast bowler and later selector and Aussie team manager) was my 5th grade teacher for a couple of terms.

Pat English and Steve Gearin were student teachers doing their prac when I was in year 8

When I was about 15, I knocked around a bit with… guess who?... our current CEO, who was best mates with a friend of mine.

AND nothing to do with my school, but just had to add this - my big sister brought Dallas Donnelly home after a night out once! I came out of my bedroom and there was Donnelly sitting in our living room. I think I was about 13 or 14 at the time, thought it was Christmas! :laughing:

@happy tiger said:
Ipswich Grammar School

Yep Happy was Grammar Grub

Also forgot current Qld Labour opposition leader Anastascia Plazascuk

Ah ippy grammar I remember playing them in soccer about 5 years ago. they were filthy cheats…haha

Latest posts

Back