Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season

@the_third said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1521969) said:
Adam O'Brien 1st coach punted

Wow, very possible.
Spoon incoming to the Knights.

Nofo to get shown up by every other outside back at the club.... again.

Hope I'm wrong but judging by what the Ashes were like and other sports generally with the pandemic affecting everyone's energy levels and vibe it may be a lameish season lacking hard intensity.

That may change if Covid finally fades away leading to some real excitement leading into the finals.

Chooks to win the comp if they go injury free for mine. Penrith, Manly & Melbourne rounding out the top 4. Parramatta will be there or thereabouts with a bunch of players heading for the exits in 2023.

Cam Munster Dally M. he tends to have a terrible year and then a spectacular year, he's due.

Brisbane to make the 8. since Ikin's turned up they've been on the up. Reynolds and Capewell and Staggs injury free will prove invaluable. Dogs on the other hand to run 12th with no recognised 7 or 9.

Cowboys wooden spoon. St Choke 15th, Newcastle 14th.

As for the mighty Wests Tigers, I think we're in for a bit of a rollercoaster year. we'll show glimpses of brilliance here and there with the exuberance of youth, but will lack the intensity to do it week in week out. I'd expect us to shock a top 4 side or two at some point through the year. can't put an exact position on it, but somewhere between 10th-13th.

@jrtiger said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1521975) said:
Chooks to win the comp if they go injury free for mine. Penrith, Manly & Melbourne rounding out the top 4. Parramatta will be there or thereabouts with a bunch of players heading for the exits in 2023.

Cam Munster Dally M. he tends to have a terrible year and then a spectacular year, he's due.

Brisbane to make the 8. since Ikin's turned up they've been on the up. Reynolds and Capewell and Staggs injury free will prove invaluable. Dogs on the other hand to run 12th with no recognised 7 or 9.

Cowboys wooden spoon. St Choke 15th, Newcastle 14th.

As for the mighty Wests Tigers, **I think we're in for a bit of a rollercoaster year. we'll show glimpses of brilliance here and there with the exuberance of youth, but will lack the intensity to do it week in week out.** I'd expect us to shock a top 4 side or two at some point through the year. can't put an exact position on it, but somewhere between 10th-13th.

I think that’s a pretty good summation. It will be a typical season on the forum. One week we’ll have a good win and everyone will claim it’s a watershed moment for the club. Then the next week we’ll get beat by the team running last and some will say it’s time to move to Perth.

*I posted this in another thread a few weeks back. Belongs here...

CAVEAT: Some are obvious, others from left-field. Some I’d love to happen, others I hope don’t happen but here are my…

HALF-BAKED PREDICTIONS FOR 2022 (Just a bit of fun)

Stefano re-signs

Ponga announces he’s signed with the Dolphins

Tupou to be a revelation for us, tearing it up at centre.

Hastings ‘unlocks’ Brooks running game, leaving Douehi to return to centre making our centre pairings Douehi and Tupou and, by the end of the year, considered to be one of the surprise packet centre pairings of the season.

Laurie to improve even more but get injured mid-season leaving us with a hole to fill at fullback (unsuccessfully).

After injuries and a few dodgy reffing decisions, we are out of finals contention by round 23.

End of season, despite improvement, Madge is canned and, in Nov, Ciraldo appointed new coach for 2023.

Tigers win the comp in 2025.

@papacito said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1521324) said:
Along with the Dragons, we're hot favourites for the wooden spoon according to Sportsbet.

As per every other year

Tigers grow a pair in defence and stun a lot of teams to grind out some gritty wins and finish 7
They beat parra in the prelims and lose in golden point to the storm

Stef to play origin then get signed by Roosters
Simpkin asks and is granted a release signs mid year with Dolphins
Liddle does his knee again
we finish 11th
2023 we make the 8

@geo said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522057) said:
Luke Brooks will receive at least 1 post in every thread in 2022

The sun will come up in the morning.

This will continue bubble in the media and beyond..
KNIGHTS STILL HOT ON BROOKS
Starford To'a's move from Newcastle to the Tigers last week has re-ignited talk of halfback Luke Brooks moving the other way.

The Knights remain keen on Brooks - but the Tigers are refusing to entertain talk of a release.

"Luke is training the house down and working really well with (new signing) Jackson Hastings," a Tigers source told me.

"We are really keen to see the two of them combining out there once the season starts."

It’s getting to the point I think our club needs to start considering getting an AVO.

@telltails said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522071) said:
"Luke is training the house down and working really well with (new signing) Jackson Hastings," a Tigers source told me.

"We are really keen to see the two of them combining out there once the season starts."

The Doueihi brigade dislike this post

@speed2burn said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522073) said:
@telltails said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522071) said:

I love Doueihi but I'll pray to the footy gods that Hastings and Brooks kill it.

@earl said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522082) said:
@speed2burn said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522073) said:

I love Doueihi but I'll pray to the footy gods that Hastings and Brooks kill it.

Am a fan of Doueihi aswell but team first always.

If we’re playing well and we are entrenched in the 8 by the time Doueihi is fit, I don’t think anybody could make a case why Doueihi should slot straight back into the halves, even his most passionate fans. If we are playing well, it’s fairly likely our spine is clicking…

Starford To'a's move from Newcastle to the Tigers last week has re-ignited talk of halfback Luke Brooks moving the other way.

The Knights remain keen on Brooks - but the Tigers are refusing to entertain talk of a release.

Training the house down alert!!!!

Bloke looks like Joey at training then craps his pants on the field

@jc99 said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522093) said:

Further evidence he’s in the clubs plans though. @Demps plan of public pressure to move him on isn’t working out at this point in time.

Source...?

@gnr4life said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522094) said:
@jc99 said in [Fearless Predictions ahead of the 2022 season](/post/1522093) said:

Further evidence he’s in the clubs plans though. @Demps plan of public pressure to move him on isn’t working out at this point in time.

Of course he's in the clubs plans for now, they love him unconditionally no matter what... hasn't played reserve grade since he played first grade. It might not be the right decision but that's the way they've gone for the last 8 years or whatever it is now

Demps can still fight the good fight though

My bold predictions for season 2022:
1. Penrith
2. Roosters
3. Storm
4. Parramatta
5. Manly
6. Souths
7. Sharks
8. Tigers
9. Broncos
10. Titans