Films Not Movies

The Greatest battle scene ever. Tim Sheens needs to show the boys this movie to show them that they can win against the odds!
And the Great Escape

Sheens should show them the scene of what happens when you don't escape / win ...taken out to a lonely paddock ....have a stretch lads ........woompah ...salary cap just grew immensely ......

Nothing wrong with chatGPT, decided to give it a try.

Just asked it to write a poem about Wests Tigers and it's better than anything a Wiggle has put together that I can remember. (remember that song?)

I know that it's a bit cheesy, which is the norm for this type of thing, but not too bad considering it spat that out instantaneously.

The Tigers of the west, fierce and bold,
With stripes of orange, black and gold.
Their roar echoes through the stands,
As they take the field with determined hands.

With passion in their hearts, they strive for glory,
Their fans cheering, telling their own story. With the pride of the west, they fight,
For the title and the right.
Through the highs and lows, they stand tall, With a will to win, they never fall.

For the Tigers, there's no defeat,
Only victory and the chance to compete.
So let us raise our voices high,
And sing out to the western sky.
For the Tigers, our pride and our team,
We will always stand by them.
I always thought seeing Jimmy Barnes is a WT's fan that he could change the words of Working Class Man to Wests Tigers Fan .........

Another week of waking up at 4am.

Downstairs and Goodfellas just started on foxtel.

Always been on the list.

Pretty ok after all these years, bit of a let down ending.

Last edited:
I always thought seeing Jimmy Barnes is a WT's fan that he could change the words of Working Class Man to Wests Tigers Fan .........
This would either be good or spew-worthy.

"he turns up to the games, to support his team. They miss the field goal, the ref screw them, Another long trip home". ...
"He will back the coach, support his team, Just to see another change in the squad... Oh Woh woh, he is a wests Tigers fan".

As much as Angry Anderson has gone off the deep end. Shannon Knoll should not have been hired to do Angry's song "We can't be Beaten". I do admit it was funny hearing Angry say "how much he respects Shannon Knoll" though.

Some remakes are good. Amazingly the Nine inch Nails remake of Head like a hole by Miley Cyrus is actually quite awesome. Most though are awful.

*BTw if I have miss-spelt Sharon's name, don't care.

Just watched Creed III

Loved it.
The whole franchise has been fantastic, imo.
For mine, it was….different.

Creed is a good character and his story is interesting but the subtle family drama of the Rocky movies was missing. For mine, the Rocky franchise is known for 3 things:
1. Heartfelt drama. There are a lot of emotions tied to the story that have nothing to do with sport. Rocky and his circle struggle but they do it together.
2. Training montages. These scenes make the hairs on your neck stand up. The music, the visuals…they are the perfect lead in to the fights.
3. The final fights. Excellent excitement, choreography and drama.

I thought this film missed the mark in all these areas which is a shame as they are a proven blueprint for success. I realise that they have to try and make this part of the franchise stand alone, but a scene of Rocky mourning Apollo’s wife’s death would have been great. His total erasure from this film hurt it. The training was ok, but not great. Not memorable apart from Drago’s son helping out. The final fight though….WTF was that? I hated it.

It’s a good film, but as a part of the Rocky franchise it’s a weak entry for mine and towards the bottom of my list.

For mine, it was….different.

Creed is a good character and his story is interesting but the subtle family drama of the Rocky movies was missing. For mine, the Rocky franchise is known for 3 things:
1. Heartfelt drama. There are a lot of emotions tied to the story that have nothing to do with sport. Rocky and his circle struggle but they do it together.
2. Training montages. These scenes make the hairs on your neck stand up. The music, the visuals…they are the perfect lead in to the fights.
3. The final fights. Excellent excitement, choreography and drama.

I thought this film missed the mark in all these areas which is a shame as they are a proven blueprint for success. I realise that they have to try and make this part of the franchise stand alone, but a scene of Rocky mourning Apollo’s wife’s death would have been great. His total erasure from this film hurt it. The training was ok, but not great. Not memorable apart from Drago’s son helping out. The final fight though….WTF was that? I hated it.

It’s a good film, but as a part of the Rocky franchise it’s a weak entry for mine and towards the bottom of my list.
I hear ya.

Michael B. Jordan directed it, first time director.
The final fight took a bit of a metaphorical route.

My only gripe was I felt they were forcing the family story line and maybe setting up for a sequel with the daughter being a boxer- which I don't want to see.

I thought I'd hate the Diamond Dame character but I really liked him.... he had some darkness around him.

Saw the new John Wick the other day...

Some said it's the best one yet.
I think the original is still the best.
This movie continues on from the rest though.

Decent action film.
Well made.
Some cool new characters too.

Saw the new John Wick the other day...

Some said it's the best one yet.
I think the original is still the best.
This movie continues on from the rest though.

Decent action film.
Well made.
Some cool new characters too.
I find these a bit much to get through.
1 bloke taking out thousands of bad guys across 4 films…probably would have liked it in my teens. 🤣

I find these a bit much to get through.
1 bloke taking out thousands of bad guys across 4 films…probably would have liked it in my teens. 🤣
Yeah, that's exactly what it is man...

First one was perfect, could've left it at that... the next 3 are all a blur really.
Same formula.

Fighting in a night club with all neon like lights.
Fighting in the rain.
Swear it happens in all the movies.

Good dumb action movies though.
Remind me of the good old 90s ones.

Staff online

Back