Films Not Movies

^ looks like more woke trash. Hard pass
1681472588740.png

Hard to see any differences in the above pick.

I'm just offended the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not very inclusive.

1 better be gay, 1 better have a disability, 1 better be trans and the other one better be 42 but identifies as a teenager.

View attachment 5131

Hard to see any differences in the above pick.

I'm just offended the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not very inclusive.

1 better be gay, 1 better have a disability, 1 better be trans and the other one better be 42 but identifies as a teenager.
It’ll flop.
If you have to use terms such as diversity and inclusivity when hiring, your product is likely dogshit. I say this as great projects procure the best talent for the roles and couldn’t care less about how they present or identify.

Saw the new John Wick the other day...

Some said it's the best one yet.
I think the original is still the best.
This movie continues on from the rest though.

Decent action film.
Well made.
Some cool new characters too.
It was good. The formula is tired but John is a likeable character. Hiroyuki Sanada and Donnie Yen were going to be good additions.

Keep seeing it pop up...

Any good?
Yes it is.
Written and directed by the fella who did In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
It’s a slow burn like them and it’s crazy like them.
Acting is great, story intriguing and can be taken in different ways, it’s well shot and written.
I’m still thinking about what it is about as it’s operating on several levels even though on the surface the story is quite simple.
Strange but good.

Yes it is.
Written and directed by the fella who did In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
It’s a slow burn like them and it’s crazy like them.
Acting is great, story intriguing and can be taken in different ways, it’s well shot and written.
I’m still thinking about what it is about as it’s operating on several levels even though on the surface the story is quite simple.
Strange but good.
Mate if you like that watch ....Wind River ......

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant.
Bad ass movie about the honour between American and Afghan allies during the war.
Jake Gyllenhal and the Iraqi actor Dar Salim are both excellent.
No woke agendas or new age bullshit...just a timeless story told expertly and acted superbly.

This is more of a streaming thing, but has anyone watched "The Days"? Looks like a Chernobyl-esque rendition of the Japanese tsunami and the ensuing Fukushima Nuclear disaster.

Interesting, what streaming service?
Netflix, which caught me off a little since outside of Korean dramas and the third season of I Think You Should Leave, they haven't really put out much lately that I would watch.

Have you watched the Chernobyl mini-series done by HBO? Was a very good production.

Netflix, which caught me off a little since outside of Korean dramas and the third season of I Think You Should Leave, they haven't really put out much lately that I would watch.

Have you watched the Chernobyl mini-series done by HBO? Was a very good production.
No I missed that one. Is it still about?

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant.
Bad ass movie about the honour between American and Afghan allies during the war.
Jake Gyllenhal and the Iraqi actor Dar Salim are both excellent.
No woke agendas or new age bullshit...just a timeless story told expertly and acted superbly.
Trailer looks amazing.

On my list.
Good feedback.
I'll try and sus it over the weekend

Back