Films Not Movies

Its a little sad if Oppenheimer wins at the Oscars. I haven't read too much into it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Is it about America obliterating Japan like they did Vietnam with weapons of mass destruction. What is the message here? Its okay for us but not Iraq.

Went and saw it. Really well done and highly recommend it as a film.
However It broke me at the end.

I come from a big family of boys. We always have each other’s backs. We played footy and cricket together, we even had a bar fight together when we were young. I remain close with those still breathing and we celebrate those who are not. This film was a gut punch for me. Zac Efron delivers a line at the end of this film that caused tears to stream down my face. I was not alone lol…

This is such a tragic story that really focused on the love these boys had for each other. Surprisingly, the director chose to omit one of the brothers from the film as he said it was just too much for audiences to handle as he suffered a similar fate to the others.
Great film that I’ll never watch again.
Finally got a chance to watch it...

I was familiar with the story but yeah, this was very fast paced and almost like they didn't dive into a lot of things.

Not as bad as I thought it'd be in regard to the feels but it was well made. Zac Efron was fantastic.

The scene where all the brothers catch up... ok, wowww.

Watched Civil War yesterday.
It’s a crazy ride and quite the achievement.
It doesn’t go down political lines, doesn’t give you a backstory on how the war started, it just drops you in the middle of it as you follow 4 correspondents trying to cover it.
Very visceral, it doesn’t have the fake Hollywood gun sounds. If you’ve ever heard weapons fired in real life, you understand the violent sound they make. This film gets it right. They are loud and shocking.
Some brilliantly tense scenes as the group encounter soldiers and militia members on their road trip….they are wild.
The final act is the closest depiction of battle I’ve seen, maybe ever.
It’s a scary film and a warning to America. You don’t want this!

A lot of people will find the film annoying or frustrating as it doesn’t spell out everything for you, it is from A24 after all, but if you take it for what it is the spectacle is amazing. It’s a beautiful looking film with a few sequences that will stay with you. The dude who plays Todd in Breaking Bad, Jesse Plemons has an amazing scene.

Tucker - the best war film I've ever watched was The Thin Red Line, then Platoon. Never heard of this film you talk about. You see, im back in my hole. Thanks for the heads up. I really don't like war films, too noisy... too many bullets...... war is unnecessary.

Tucker - the best war film I've ever watched was The Thin Red Line, then Platoon. Never heard of this film you talk about. You see, im back in my hole. Thanks for the heads up. I really don't like war films, too noisy... too many bullets...... war is unnecessary.
War is serious stuff and I've found war movies very hard watches.

Platoon, made war look fun. Hanging with your friends, running through the jungle. I found it very different to most war movies. It's probably my favourite war movie ever.

Fury (with Brad Pitt) is another hectic movie, highly recommend if you're into war movies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back