Films Not Movies

Just went to see Killing of the Flower Moon and loved it,it runs for 3 and a half hours but is well worth watching.Good acting and depicts an appalling time in the factual history of the USA and the treatment of it's indigenous people.
I can very vaguely remember hearing something about this when i was at school in the late 1960's and had forgotten about it over the years.Well worth a look imho

Amazon, Prime

Bosch: Legacy

Amazon, Prime

Bosch: Legacy
Thanks champion @InBenjiWeTrust - I'm going to check this out over the holidays.

I have a cousin who lives in the US.
I spoke to him over Christmas and he said he went and saw this film.
Firstly, he said it’s really well done and the acting is amazing. Zac Efron and the actor who plays Pip from Shameless are award worthy.
Secondly, he said it’s the most emotional and heartbreaking thing he’s ever seen and when it finished, the whole theatre sat there in the dark pulling their shit back together before walking out into public.
Thirdly, he said it’s F’d him up a bit as he comes from a big family, as I do and doesn’t really recommend it.

I’ve researched it a bit and my god…what a sad tale. True stories just hit harder.

Firstly, he said it’s really well done and the acting is amazing. Zac Efron and the actor who plays Pip from Shameless are award worthy.
Secondly, he said it’s the most emotional and heartbreaking thing he’s ever seen and when it finished, the whole theatre sat there in the dark pulling their shit back together before walking out into public.
Thirdly, he said it’s F’d him up a bit as he comes from a big family, as I do and doesn’t really recommend it.

I’ve researched it a bit and my god…what a sad tale. True stories just hit harder.
Wow...
True.

I watched a doco on em a while back.
It's a very brutal story.

Makes me second guess watching it.

It is brutal. I read Bret Hart’s book and Bret said when Kerry was in the WWE, he’d already made up his mind. Said he was in the car with him one night and Kerry said he was planning on joining his brothers. He was just waiting for them to tell him when.

WCCW was cursed. Gino Hernandez was another tragic story, Idk if the movie will touch on him but it should.

Mrs Hal and I went to the movies this afternoon and saw “Saltburn”.
Write ups and feedback were that it was very
impressive, I’m not sure, I get the story and the visuals were great but it just leads you down some paths that tests your senses.
Anyone else seen it ? Reaction ?

I watched Southpaw with Jake Gyllinhall.

Boxing movie with heart. Really enjoyed
A true story about a boxer who fights hard against the odds to become a priest. Don’t want to give too much away. “Father Stu” is brilliantly played by Mark Wahlberg.

CARLOS - A Bio-Pic of the career of Legendary guitarist Carlos Santana.

It's a great insight into his life but there are some glaring gaps. He doesn't even mention how he was able to accumulate such great musicians as Greg Rollie, Michael Shrieve and later Neil Schon. In fact, he dismisses them when discussing band changes. He also avoids the awkward relationship with John McLaughlin of The Mahavishnu Orchestra.

But the soundtrack is phenomenal and well worth the watch.

Wow...
True.

I watched a doco on em a while back.
It's a very brutal story.

Makes me second guess watching it.
Went and saw it. Really well done and highly recommend it as a film.
However It broke me at the end.

I come from a big family of boys. We always have each other’s backs. We played footy and cricket together, we even had a bar fight together when we were young. I remain close with those still breathing and we celebrate those who are not. This film was a gut punch for me. Zac Efron delivers a line at the end of this film that caused tears to stream down my face. I was not alone lol…

This is such a tragic story that really focused on the love these boys had for each other. Surprisingly, the director chose to omit one of the brothers from the film as he said it was just too much for audiences to handle as he suffered a similar fate to the others.
Great film that I’ll never watch again.

Back