Films Not Movies

Hope to see it soon the 1st was a motion picture don't spoil it 4 us lol

Ok bit sneaky but i got a copy of Banshees of Inisherin - i absolutely loved it and it had me transfixed for close to 2 hours and I'm not sure why. The storyline is simple - the breakdown of long held relationships when one partner just doesn't see the value anymore. The acting is superb. I'm not sure everyone would like it but definitely recommend it.

I'm watching Violent Night with the wife and my 12 yo. It's probably not age appropriate for him but it's been pretty good so far.

Went and saw Avatar the way of water tonight.If you enjoyed the first one you will like the second.Runs for a little over 3 hours
Have they spent some time on the story in this one?
The first one was generic as could be and a ripoff of some other classic stories. Visuals were great but in this day and age, great visuals aren’t unique…you need more.

Have they spent some time on the story in this one?
The first one was generic as could be and a ripoff of some other classic stories. Visuals were great but in this day and age, great visuals aren’t unique…you need more.

The formula is the same in both and it is basicaly the same formula that was used in the old cowboy/indians movies when i was a kid.The difference is the roles in both Avatar's have been reversed and it is the natives fighting the greed and pillaging of the newcomers.
I enjoyed it but not everybody will

The formula is the same in both and it is basicaly the same formula that was used in the old cowboy/indians movies when i was a kid.The difference is the roles in both Avatar's have been reversed and it is the natives fighting the greed and pillaging of the newcomers.
I enjoyed it but not everybody will
That’s the bit that I didn’t like. The story of a human going native to help fight against his own kind has been done to death.
The damaged body gaining freedom based on an artificial “avatar” has been done before in books and comics.
Even going to another planet to mine some material and getting in a skirmish with the natives who are neurologically attached to the land has been done several times in novels, films and games.
The story is so basic and well known James Cameron has been accused on many occasions of flat out plagiarism.

That’s the bit that I didn’t like. The story of a human going native to help fight against his own kind has been done to death.
The damaged body gaining freedom based on an artificial “avatar” has been done before in books and comics.
Even going to another planet to mine some material and getting in a skirmish with the natives who are neurologically attached to the land has been done several times in novels, films and games.
The story is so basic and well known James Cameron has been accused on many occasions of flat out plagiarism.

Then you probably would not get as much enjoyment out of it as i did.Each to their own

I think the point of the 'films not movies' thread was intentionally distinct from 'what's on at the movies'.
The Streaming thread seems to cover what your talking about. So if something comes out at the cinemas, where do we post it?
Maybe start a thread called movies not films.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Anyway films and movies theoretically means the same thing years ago, "moving pictures on a cellulite film" to create a movie 😉

Back