First Grade Live Game Thread *Keep Spoilers Here*

When we were up 16-4 with 5 minutes left and Andrew Moore on 2GB said that the game was done and dusted first win for the tigers since rd 1, I genuinely believed that we would lose. And when it was all unfolding I was not the least surprised. Deja vu, happened in 09 against Souths, it felt natural to live it all over again. We are just a stupid team. Serious changes need to be made, and Sheens is the first. Pathetic.

@Thaiger14 said:
When we were up 16-4 with 5 minutes left and Andrew Moore on 2GB said that the game was done and dusted first win for the tigers since rd 1, I genuinely believed that we would lose. And when it was all unfolding I was not the least surprised. Deja vu, happened in 09 against Souths, it felt natural to live it all over again. We are just a stupid team. Serious changes need to be made, and Sheens is the first. Pathetic.

What changes ? Where do we go go now?
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

I'm still watching (second half just started), but after looking at the stats from the close of the game, we have improved 100% on last week…

I will say it was a great kicking display in the first half... I had no idea we possessed this style of game?!

@tigerz2012 said:
@Thaiger14 said:

\
\

Changes?
The coach? stop putting 2 backs on the bench? teach the guys to close out games, cannot believe they didn't go for a field goal at the Bunnies line.

nothing like a good round 15 'our season starts now' from Farah

@tigerz2012 said:
@Thaiger14 said:

\
\

As I said, Sheens would be the first change and the whole coaching structure and culture should inevitably change around the club. Next change is to decide on a HB and stick with them. Miller has the ability to fill this role but has never really been given a serious chance. I would also sacrifice either Fulton or Heighno from the team, both cannot be in the squad of 17\. BMM and Moors need to be on the bench.

I am very very keen to see how the side goes under a different coach, but change to who??

The way I saw it Souths were rewarded way too often for poor ball security!!! Poor one handed carries from Souths and the "strip" when the Souths player was going for a try was just a ridiculous penalty. I don;t think the Tigers are as ill disciplined as the refs are making out.

Also next time there is a head shot on one of our players we need to start an all in brawl. There have been too many on our players this year. We signed Blair for a reason and I'm hoping that reason is that h is a good fighter!!!

@Tigerdave said:
@tigerz2012 said:
@Thaiger14 said:

\
\

Changes?
The coach? stop putting 2 backs on the bench? teach the guys to close out games, **cannot believe they didn't go for a field goal at the Bunnies line.**

If Farah was playing today I'm pretty sure this would've been done. Unfortunately, some of the others don't think the same way. Overall though, I thought the boys played really well. They gave it their all, but the cards didn't fall their way today - what more can we ask for? Their performance was so much better than the previous weeks. They certainly didn't deserve to lose like that, they were by far the better team.

Losing the unlosable - same thing happened to Souths in the opening round against the Roosters, so I guess they got one back today. Our turn will come. We are improving, I just hope this heart-breaker doesn't kill their confidence too much.

Back