First Grade Live Game Thread vs Dragons.

@Fumbles said:
Meaney has been 18th man about 20 times that I have seen and then he gets a spot on the bench but still doesn't get a run.

I'd like to see the amount of games played along with total minutes spent on the field. Average game time must be <10 minutes.

@Fumbles said:
@FoxTan said:
Disappointing lost. However, Humble, Reddy and Bell were very solid. Need to start Bell and leave Groat on the bench.

Humble, Reddy and Bell are solid reserve graders they do nothing we need better

I dare say Reddy was our best player tonight. We need more from our big names Farah, Blair and especially Moltzen. Timmy looks like his just filling in the halfback role, no direction or creativity. You can't always rely on Benji.

@hammertime said:
Im sorry. I put this all squarely on sheens.

Time and time again, our team is never fired up. We have to rely on those players that have the ability to find it in themselves, like robbie and Ellis. Or we wait until we have to win every game to make the finals.

Sheens has to go soon.

C'mon Hammer your an extremely intelligent person You can't possibly think that Sheens tells the players not to be fired up The players aren't 8 year olds They need to be accountable for their actions as well

Guys this can sometimes happens You show up The opposition scores a couple of early tries at home and get their tails up and you try and get the momentum back and things just go bad to worse

This isn't aimed at you Hammer but i wonder if some people on this forum have ever played a game in their lives I've played a game and we got beaten by 60 We ended up with only eleven players with a monstrous injury toll but evrything went wrong

It happens and lets get over it and concentrate on next week we can't change this week

@cunno said:
@happy tiger said:
@Flippedy said:
@cunno said:
The team looked flat, a number of players looked disinterested, they need a massive rocket and Sheens needs to rethink the forwards selections particularly the run on pack, a few of whom are playing like they are an automatic selection and as such are not having a go and aren't providing any toughness and aggression around the ruck. The ball is very much in sheens court.

Your post has a certain deja vu ring to it, Cunno. Same crap, different year.

Well they are on auto select who else would you bring in Cunno forwards wise ??

Happy, given Galloway is about a month away from playing, I'd start Bell for Groat mainly because I think he is fitter than BMM and has more experience. Sheens' idea of starting 2 young props needs a rest. Woods can play better than he has and Sheens needs to remind him of this. Hopefully Ellis will be OK for the Canberra game at least there is a longer turnaround, so he would come in for Fulton. I'd like to see BMM get more game time from the bench and I'd leave Groat on the bench. Sheens has to earn his money on this because it has ask much to do with preparation and attitude in terms of turning the form around, the same players are capable of a lot better but they aren't aiming up.

Cunno Ellis may not make it back for next week either That was the original time frame I was given Definitely one week ,possibly two Agree with the young blokes they are going to struggle with consistancy They play the toughest position on the field in the toughest comp in the world

@cunno said:
@Flippedy said:
@cunno said:
The team looked flat, a number of players looked disinterested, they need a massive rocket and Sheens needs to rethink the forwards selections particularly the run on pack, a few of whom are playing like they are an automatic selection and as such are not having a go and aren't providing any toughness and aggression around the ruck. The ball is very much in sheens court.

Spot on Flippedy, after the big build up to the season etc etc the team doesn't seem to have progressed or changed much. Don't be surprised though, that again it will be like previous seasons and the WTs will gain form as the season progresses and people will be talking about them differently like previous seasons, well I can only hope.

You're probably right there, Cunno. We will come home with a wet sail on the back of Benji's brilliance, yet again, and probably make the top 4-6 or something. I just wish I could enjoy the ride during the whole season, instead of having to, regularly, endure crap performances like tonight. Some bloody consistency, throughout the year, a la Melbourne or Manly, would be really nice, just for once.

That's true Happy but to concentrate/prepare for next week, they need to learn from this week and clearly there is a bit to learn and soul searching at least on individual basis.

@Flippedy said:
@cunno said:
@Flippedy said:
@cunno said:

Spot on Flippedy, after the big build up to the season etc etc the team doesn't seem to have progressed or changed much. Don't be surprised though, that again it will be like previous seasons and the WTs will gain form as the season progresses and people will be talking about them differently like previous seasons, well I can only hope.

You're probably right there, Cunno. We will come home with a wet sail on the back of Benji's brilliance, yet again, and probably make the top 4-6 or something. I just wish I could enjoy the ride during the whole season, instead of having to, regularly, endure crap performances like tonight. Some bloody consistency, throughout the year, a la Melbourne or Manly, would be really nice, just for once.

It would be easier on the blood pressure as well Flippedy.

After watching that, I highly doubt they did much contact work during the week… There is obviously more injuries we are not hearing about and hopefully the extended turnaround see's the boys having a few days off.

I was happy with Farah and Ryan's energy. Humble didn't do too much wrong and I'd be interested in seeing the GPS data for Blair. Geez he covers some K's.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back