Fishing Thread

Jigging.
Use a knife or blade style jig lure around 200grams, drop it free spool to the bottom. Once on the bottom, place your rod under your arm and the mechanical motion you use is pump the rod upwards and wind the reel at the same time as fast as you can, over and over until you reach the surface. Once you can see the lure, immediately drop it to the bottom and repeat.
It absolutely cains your arms and back, but it attracts the big fellas. Once a fish hits, keep the motion going for 2 reasons…
1. To ensure the hook is set
2. To keep them from diving back to the bottom where they can break you off.
Use an overhead reel if you have one as it’s action is easier to wind fast in this jigging motion. Remember to feather the spool with your thumb as you drop it or the line will come screaming off the reel and create a birds nest of shit.
Bloody legend thanks mate !!! what brand lures do you use if you don’t mind me asking?

you been to gods country lately plenty of flatties ,small jewies (trawlers have fkd that) but chopper tailor n stingray are about the river is flushing out from the floods,go visit your relos.lol
There’s nothing like hooking something and thinking you got the catch of a lifetime, only to be Stingrayed.

Caught a gummy in my crab net once. Stupid thing flayed around so much it took half hour to cut him free.

Bloody legend thanks mate !!! what brand lures do you use if you don’t mind me asking?
As long as it is long thin jig with weighting you’ll be fine. Some are weighted in the bottom. I prefer just off centre as it gives more action.
Try Ocea Pebble Stick.

Caught a gummy in my crab net once. Stupid thing flayed around so much it took half hour to cut him free.
imo gummy sharks aren't good , but stingray is a poor man's blue swimmer, with the crunch of cartilage if you dont mind that,or be bothered slicing it out

imo gummy sharks aren't good , but stingray is a poor man's blue swimmer, with the crunch of cartilage if you dont mind that,or be bothered slicing it out
Stingray flaps make decent steaks

Never tried eating a gummy or a stingray.
Have you eaten a stingray?
Blue swimmers are the best, mmm😋.
What business does a shark with no teeth have in my crab net anyway?

Back