Fishing Thread

Got a 2nd hand 13ft 6 in 7 wrap Snyderglas beach rod last year. It's been at a mates in QLD but finally got it here today.
Needs a new butt/ sandspike and possibly new guides but I'm looking forward to testing it out when I put the new butt on it
Tailor fishing started off positive a couple of weeks back but has gone quiet again. Pros have been out netting the mullet so that has probably affected the fish numbers. Anyone else getting much off the beach?
Don't fish off the beach much as I usually take the boat out. There are no set months for tailor as you can catch tailor all year round. I guess it's luck haha. Try using some burley next time you head out.
Nowadays I usually just target squid around the harbour.

Fishing is a philosophy. It gives a human time to ponder their life. And even catch a fish. Great thread
A few lines my grandad used to tell me back in the day. 👍🏻

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work."
"Fishing is a passion that can never be fully explained."
"There's no such thing as a bad day when you're fishing."

It goes a long way.

💯

How did you go with the urge?

How did you go with the urge?
I borrowed some gear from a mate and have thrown a line in a couple of times in Port Phillip Bay ( Black Rock), basically caught a cold and a few whiting but have to say I did enjoy it. Haven’t been of late coz weather a bit chilly but have been told salmon running there in winter so will continue the experiment !

I borrowed some gear from a mate and have thrown a line in a couple of times in Port Phillip Bay ( Black Rock), basically caught a cold and a few whiting but have to say I did enjoy it. Haven’t been of late coz weather a bit chilly but have been told salmon running there in winter so will continue the experiment !
I reckon you'll be hooked :ROFLMAO: again in no time at all, at all.

Nothing better than getting out and flicking a lure around the snags. I am lucky enough to live on the Sunshine Coast, great waterways both offshore and in the Pumistone Passage. Good variety of fish that want to smash a lure.
Also a good way to clear your head floating around in the kayak with no one else about.
Tight lines mate.
Do you still fish out of your kayak St1 and if so, what sort do you own.
Do you know anything about inflatable kayaks? as I've been thinking about buying a fairly good quality one for quite a while eg. Air Glide 385, Sea Eagle 385 fast track angler or Advanced Frame Sport Elite.

Don't fish off the beach much as I usually take the boat out. There are no set months for tailor as you can catch tailor all year round. I guess it's luck haha. Try using some burley next time you head out.
Nowadays I usually just target squid around the harbour.
How do you catch your squid 🦑?

Either with a slow retrieve on a squid jig or a pilchard spiked onto a metal 'pole' with spikes on the end. If you live in Sydney it is the season. My brother usually catches a lot down the Gong. Where I am in Nambucca Heads there is nada as far as I know.
I’ve only tried with a strong headlamp and 3 pronged spear. They seem to be attracted to the light, but I thought there must have been a better way, thanks.

I’ve only tried with a strong headlamp and 3 pronged spear. They seem to be attracted to the light, but I thought there must have been a better way, thanks.
There should be some good videos on how to catch them on YouTube - for example,
Just bear in mind how and where they catch them in Victoria is a bit different to NSW as far as I know so stick to videos for NSW. Talk with your local tackle shop about where and how to get them but beware of the BS they may spin. One of the guys in my local tackle shop has caught more fish than there are in the world - total wanker

Back