FITNESS & GYM

Demps

Staff member
Forum Leader
Hello fellow forum users....

Expanding on from our boy GNR's thread.
Let's talk the talk in this thread.

Lets motivate each other to achieve our goals through discussions of fitness, GYM and workouts.

Not necessarily like the other thread where we discuss the past more so the future.

What workouts did you do today?
What are your goals?

Lets go boys and.... girl.
2020 is our year, lets make it happen.

I woke up at 6 am this morning.
Knew it was gonna be a big day with the boys coming round for the UFC.

Hit the bis and tris for a super.pump.
Good workout.

Currently doing 6-7 days a week cardio. Can't do weights at the moment as waiting for my shoulder recon + bicep repair end of February.

HIIT training 3-4 times a week and low intensity cardio for the remaining days.

@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103193) said:
Currently doing 6-7 days a week cardio. Can't do weights at the moment as waiting for my shoulder recon + bicep repair end of February.

Keen to hear more mate.
What kind of cardio u doing?

Solid output.
How long do u train for usually?

That’s awesome wish I had that motivation
HIIT workouts are great

Once my baby goes to sleep ,I go into the garage most night and do some snatches,bench,chin ups ,push ups
Need to change in up
Sometimes I ride my pushy to work.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103185) said:

Good workout.

Demps your a tank training that early on a sunday

@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103196) said:

Good workout.

Im trying to level up this year massively man.
Im a shift worker so dont get to train every day so gotta make the most of the times when i can.

Getting old so need to get everything in good shape going further.

had no chance this morning to do a run, but when i get home from work tonight it'll be walking the dog for 4k.....

Monday, it's to the gym to do heavy bag and pad work.....

I like this thread.......

My accountability???

I fought last in 2018 at 96 kg....right now I'm 103 and feeling like a fat unmotivated jerk

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103194) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Eliptical or Stationary Bike. HIIT workout is 25 mins. Low intensity cardio 45 mins. Alternate between equipment each session

@OzLuke said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103204) said:
had no chance this morning to do a run, but when i get home from work tonight it'll be walking the dog for 4k.....

My accountability???

I fought last in 2018 at 96 kg....right now I'm 103 and feeling like a fat unmotivated j**k

I'm hoping we can all contribute and just keep it alive to motivate each other, track progress, post workouts, etc.

Lil tigers fitness community.
Get us all on the right path, fighting the good fight.

Hows your diet and nutrition bra?
Got respect for any one that gets in the ring.
I'm a life long boxing fan.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103202) said:

Good workout.

Im a shift worker so dont get to train every day so gotta make the most of the times when i can.

Shift work is tough used to wreck me
Once motivated working out becomes so enjoyable.
Almost like therapy sounds so corny and cliche
Trying to better yourself is a primal simple pleasure of life

The fittest guy I ever met was 43 at the time
Ive always been motivated by him

@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103206) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103194) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Eliptical or Stationary Bike. HIIT workout is 25 mins. Low intensity cardio 45 mins. Alternate between equipment each session

Great.
Thanks for sharing champ.
Hope u keep us updated with your progress.

The elliptical is a fantastic machine.
Got one at home. Defo a tough workout.

@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103208) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103202) said:

Good workout.

Shift work is tough used to wreck me
Once motivated working out becomes so enjoyable.
Almost like therapy sounds so corny and cliche
Trying to better yourself is a primal simple pleasure of life

The fittest guy I ever met was 43 at the time
Ive always been motivated by him

I agree brah.
I tell everyone the same thing.

It's just you and the barbell.
Good release.

Its almost a break from all the other distractions in life.

Wives, girlfriends, workout, all that stuff.

@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103195) said:

HIIT workouts are great

Once my baby goes to sleep ,I go into the garage most night and do some snatches,bench,chin ups ,push ups
Need to change in up

HIIT by far my favourite workouts. Weights or cardio just love it.
Tough I'd imagine with a baby and having the energy once they're asleep to workout. You're getting some in that's the main thing.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103207) said:

My accountability???

I fought last in 2018 at 96 kg....right now I'm 103 and feeling like a fat unmotivated j**k

I'm hoping we can all contribute and just keep it alive to motivate each other, track progress, post workouts, etc.

diet and nutrition could be a lot better...it was good leading up to my fight then once I had it I continued training for a while but diet slipped badly. Could never get it back. Shift work and commitments for the kids made excuses easy.

Looked in the mirror and was fairly unimpressed with what I saw. Missus had an anniversary reminder come up on her facebook and she mentioned "geez how fit were you!!" and that summed my slide up.

Now I'm back into training and trying to get my diet and nutrition sorted. Training is the easy part, it's the food I struggle with. Any and all advice is welcome from me.

Boxing is the best!!! One of my mates runs the Sydney Fight League and I'm now always at the fights.....one coming up at Paddington RSL and I can't wait!!!

@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103214) said:
@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103195) said:

HIIT workouts are great

Need to change in up

HIIT by far my favourite workouts. Weights or cardio just love it.
Tough I'd imagine with a baby and having the energy once they're asleep to workout. You're getting some in that's the main thing.

Cheers man
Yeah so true.something is better than nothing.
I got really down on myself last year .started to let myself go and kinda accepted it
All it takes is a photo of oneself to light the fire (as vein as that sounds)
This thread is great love reading it ?

@OzLuke said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103221) said:

My accountability???

diet and nutrition could be a lot better...it was good leading up to my fight then once I had it I continued training for a while but diet slipped badly. Could never get it back. Shift work and commitments for the kids made excuses easy.

Looked in the mirror and was fairly unimpressed with what I saw. Missus had an anniversary reminder come up on her facebook and she mentioned "geez how fit were you!!" and that summed my slide up.

Now I'm back into training and trying to get my diet and nutrition sorted. Training is the easy part, it's the food I struggle with. Any and all advice is welcome from me.

Boxing is the best!!! One of my mates runs the Sydney Fight League and I'm now always at the fights.....one coming up at Paddington RSL and I can't wait!!!

Man, shift worker here too.
Its a struggle but at least you're putting in the effort.

Diet is always the hard part hey.
I'm enjoying the intermittent fasting and keeping the meal clean as possible and noticing improvement.

My brother is a bodybuilder and did the stage posing stuff a few years back but he works long hours these days and has fallen off track but is back into harder than ever this year.

Today i said....i dont look at the numbers on the scales and just go off by how i look.

One of his trainers is a lady in her 40s who use to be on that 6am aerobics show... he said she says the same thing ?

I just wanna look good and feel good as i get older and I'm about this life.

Speaking of boxing just saw our boy George kombosos is 1 fight away from sealing a deal with Loma. Topix for another thread but massive for him but Loma is the best l ol.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103231) said:
@OzLuke said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103221) said:

My accountability???

Man, shift worker here too.
Its a struggle but at least you're putting in the effort.

Diet is always the hard part hey.
I'm enjoying the intermittent fasting and keeping the meal clean as possible and noticing improvement.

My brother is a bodybuilder and did the stage posing stuff a few years back but he works long hours these days and has fallen off track but is back into harder than ever this year.

Today i said....i dont look at the numbers on the scales and just go off by how i look.

One of his trainers is a lady in her 40s who use to be on that 6am aerobics show... he said she says the same thing ?

I just wanna look good and feel good as i get older and I'm about this life.

Speaking of boxing just saw our boy George kombosos is 1 fight away from sealing a deal with Loma. Topix for another thread but massive for him but Loma is the best l ol.

How old are you punk ?
?

I’m 53. Played league all my youth and built up due to years of weight training. Currently 95kgs - could lose 10kgs to be honest. Last thing I want or need is weights in a gym - been there!
I do hot flow yoga. Great cardio workout, great sweat, great for movement, strength, flexibility and balance. I try to get to 4 classes of high intensity a week. Thoroughly recommend it for those around my age. But it must be a challenging yoga studio, not just a yin class (Slow).
Also suffered unfortunate financial loss leading to a nasty divorce and subsequent mental health issues. Yoga helped a lot!
Of course what goes in my mouth is ultimately what determines my fitness. I’m remarried to my absolute lifetime love and we eat and drink well. Oh well - gotta live as well!!

@Tiger_Steve said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103239) said:
I’m 53. Played league all my youth and built up due to years of weight training. Currently 95kgs - could lose 10kgs to be honest. Last thing I want or need is weights in a gym - been there!
I do hot flow yoga. Great cardio workout, great sweat, great for movement, strength, flexibility and balance. I try to get to 4 classes of high intensity a week. Thoroughly recommend it for those around my age. But it must be a challenging yoga studio, not just a yin class (Slow).
Also suffered unfortunate financial loss leading to a nasty divorce and subsequent mental health issues. Yoga helped a lot!
Of course what goes in my mouth is ultimately what determines my fitness. I’m remarried to my absolute lifetime love and we eat and drink well. Oh well - gotta live as well!!

Well said....you have to live and find that moderation!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back