FITNESS & GYM

@Tiger5150 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103272) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103263) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103262) said:
@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103206) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103194) said:
@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103193) said:
Currently doing 6-7 days a week cardio. Can't do weights at the moment as waiting for my shoulder recon + bicep repair end of February.

HIIT training 3-4 times a week and low intensity cardio for the remaining days.

Keen to hear more mate.
What kind of cardio u doing?

Solid output.
How long do u train for usually?

Eliptical or Stationary Bike. HIIT workout is 25 mins. Low intensity cardio 45 mins. Alternate between equipment each session

About 8 years ago after a divorce I got super fit and ripped, lost 20kg (mostly from stress, wouldnt recommend it). I used to do a LOT of HIIT and it was great.

Then one day I tried the Tabata protocol and I seriously thought I was going to die, no exaggerating. Fell off the bike and laid though with my kids saying "are you ok Dad" and I actually couldnt say anything.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Mostly 375ml curls. Strangely enough it has resulted in me putting 15 of those 20kg back on.

This isn't about the past but the future.

Im with ya!

Ive let myself go pretty badly and post christmas,,,,I disgust myself!

As someone else said here, post divorce and the resulting financial/physical/mental injuries I have since married my life and soul mate but a dangerous mixture of feeling comfortable, working hard and concentrating on my business, lack of mobility due to arthritis, turning 50...everything has turned to shit.

I do need to pull it together and now Ive found this thread, this is my line in the sand. 98kg right now. Lets go!

I have a gym membership and Im going tomorrow.

Good on you mate but be careful in the gym. Weight training will make you heavier and tighter. At your age (me too) we want to be lighter, stronger and flexible.

But good luck. Glad you’ve found happiness

@Tiger5150 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103277) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103275) said:
Currently doing 6-7 days a week cardio. Can't do weights at the moment as waiting for my shoulder recon + bicep repair end of February.

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Eliptical or Stationary Bike. HIIT workout is 25 mins. Low intensity cardio 45 mins. Alternate between equipment each session

About 8 years ago after a divorce I got super fit and ripped, lost 20kg (mostly from stress, wouldnt recommend it). I used to do a LOT of HIIT and it was great.

Then one day I tried the Tabata protocol and I seriously thought I was going to die, no exaggerating. Fell off the bike and laid though with my kids saying "are you ok Dad" and I actually couldnt say anything.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Mostly 375ml curls. Strangely enough it has resulted in me putting 15 of those 20kg back on.

Im with ya!

As someone else said here, post divorce and the resulting financial/physical/mental injuries I have since married my life and soul mate but a dangerous mixture of feeling comfortable, working hard and concentrating on my business, lack of mobility due to arthritis, turning 50...everything has turned to shit.

I do need to pull it together and now Ive found this thread, this is my line in the sand. 98kg right now. Lets go!

Great job mate.
Keep us updated.

This isn't a .... measuring contest.
We all know Milky would win.

Its about motivating each other and sharing the journey together.

Is 98 your current or goal weight ?

Current, would love to get to 89kg.

Just numbers on the scale champ.
All about feeling good about yourself.

But goals are there to be reached.
May tomorrow be the first day of many steps in the right direction for u.

@Sco77y said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103276) said:
Keen to get back to the gym after a few months away from it. Enjoy strength training and had been hitting new PBs - went from struggling on leg press at 180kg to pushing 240kg comfortably.

I’m guessing I won’t be still at that level now, but my goal is to get back there and also work on some of the more challenging movements (for me anyway) that I’ve always found difficult to progress in - things like barbell squats and dumbbell presses.

Just remember just cos u can leg press 240kg doesnt mean u can squat it.

Squats are the best.

I like the bread n butter workouts.
No machine stuff.

Whatever works for ya tho.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103280) said:
Keen to get back to the gym after a few months away from it. Enjoy strength training and had been hitting new PBs - went from struggling on leg press at 180kg to pushing 240kg comfortably.

I’m guessing I won’t be still at that level now, but my goal is to get back there and also work on some of the more challenging movements (for me anyway) that I’ve always found difficult to progress in - things like barbell squats and dumbbell presses.

Squats are the best.

No machine stuff.

Yeah totally, that’s why I’m keen to improve on the squats. 60kg is my max there so definitely not at all reflective of the leg press. I’m a fan of the bread and butter stuff too - mostly the bigger movements.

@Tiger_Steve said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103278) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Im with ya!

Good on you mate but be careful in the gym. Weight training will make you heavier and tighter. At your age (me too) we want to be lighter, stronger and flexible.

Understood but because of a horrible combination of letting myself go, career change with more sedentary lifestyle, rheumatoid arthritis and just generally getting old....Im losing actual strength. Noticing things are harder than they used to be so as well as losing weight, i need to improve general strength.

But good luck. Glad you’ve found happiness

Thanks mate, back at ya.

@Sco77y said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103283) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103280) said:

Squats are the best.

No machine stuff.

Yeah totally, that’s why I’m keen to improve on the squats. 60kg is my max there so definitely not at all reflective of the leg press. I’m a fan of the bread and butter stuff too - mostly the bigger movements.

Legend.

I felt legs were always my weak spot.
Slow gainer.

So ive really worked on them the past year.
Sometimes twice a week.
Got some good growth and some really jacked calves at last.

Routine is as follows:

Barbell squat x 10-12 reps x 3 sets
Stationary lunges, both legs x 10 reps x 3 sets
Sumo squat (Dumbell) x 10 reps x 3 sets
Straight leg deadlift x 10 reps x 3 sets
Dumbell calf raises, standing x 10 reps x 3 sets (done in all 3 positions. Normal, outward then inward pointing toes)

Then finish off with some glute workouts.
Floor thrusts and raises.

If you want it enough lads, you'll do it

I needed to for my kids.

I'm 170cm.

And was 121.5kg in August 2018.

![tia5284198327130040937.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434123673-tia5284198327130040937.jpg) ![20190719_231406.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434123625-20190719_231406.jpg)

Enough was enough. Did it the hard way, gym, diet, dads, group.

By June 2019 was down to where I needed to be - 71.3 kilos.

![57382309_10158369392131632_1978408802944286720_o.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434221150-57382309_10158369392131632_1978408802944286720_o.jpg)

Now sitting around 74 and building muscle. Best Shape I've ever been in, however more goals than ever.

![81022621_10159226680596632_2617315119851372544_o.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434247770-81022621_10159226680596632_2617315119851372544_o.jpg)

My biggest regret?

Not doing it ten years ago. Im currently 38.

@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103306) said:

I needed to for my kids.

I'm 170cm.

Enough was enough.

Tell us more?
What are you at present?
What did u do to get there?

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103307) said:
@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103306) said:

I needed to for my kids.

I'm 170cm.

Enough was enough.

Tell us more?
What are you at present?
What did u do to get there?

Sorry demps, I buggered up and posted too early.

I’ve edited the post.

For me it was changing my diet, cutting out the skipping of meals, binge-ing, drinking energy drinks, etc.

Back to 3 square high protein melas a day, and three healthy balanced snacks. No more softdrink, etc.

I really had to pull the belt in to lost the weight, and have only really relaxed in the last six months, for maintenance.

2019 was FAT to FIT for me.

2020 is now FIT to STRONG.

The Habits were built, and the tastes changed. I hated salads, vegetables, etc, and although I ate loads of crap I was still a fussy eater.

Now due to expanding my tastes in a healthy way my appetite is actually larger, however its for much more nutritional stuff.

But hey, it took me 36 and a half years to learn my lesson.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103185) said:
I woke up at 6 am this morning.
Knew it was gonna be a big day with the boys coming round for the UFC.

Hit the bis and tris for a super.pump.
Good workout.

I'm scared to ask Demps...gym work out or sex tape

@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103318) said:
The Habits were built, and the tastes changed. I hated salads, vegetables, etc, and although I ate loads of crap I was still a fussy eater.

Now due to expanding my tastes in a healthy way my appetite is actually larger, however its for much more nutritional stuff.

But hey, it took me 36 and a half years to learn my lesson.
Looking pretty hot for a Blueslander

Slacked off in the holidays and definetly put on some kilos

Back into routine very soon tho, will be hitting the gym in the morning in no time

And the diet will sort its self out to as well 😏

@TheDaBoss said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103324) said:

Back into routine very soon tho, will be hitting the gym in the morning in no time

And the diet will sort its self out to as well 😏

Stop saying "tomorrow"
Act now

@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103314) said:
For me it was changing my diet, cutting out the skipping of meals, binge-ing, drinking energy drinks, etc.

Back to 3 square high protein melas a day, and three healthy balanced snacks. No more softdrink, etc.

I really had to pull the belt in to lost the weight, and have only really relaxed in the last six months, for maintenance.

2019 was FAT to FIT for me.

2020 is now FIT to STRONG.

What's your diet look like?
Meals wise?

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103337) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103324) said:

And the diet will sort its self out to as well ?

Stop saying "tomorrow"
Act now

Well here is the thing

I have a plan all worked out that unfortunately does not start"tommorow",
The plan works around my lifestyle and is perfect for me in all aspects

So technically speaking I am acting now

Just make sure your workout/ gym routine is sustainable. When its not, people tend to give up because it becomes too hard.

I started F45 a year ago and do the 4.45pm class every day. Leave work a little early and do the class before heading home. Its become routine now for me and also provides that social outlet during the week.

Got motivated reading this thread last night
Got on the pushy this morning to ride to work
15km at 4 am
Was tough the first few kms but got easier

@Roar_Power said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103353) said:
Just make sure your workout/ gym routine routine is sustainable. When its not, people tend to give up because it becomes too hard.

I started F45 a year ago and do the 4.45pm every day. Leave work a little early and do the class before heading home. Its become routine now for me and also provides that social outlet during the week.

Yea before I started going to the gym I was doing a majority of my stuff at home, in the afternoon, in which I found If i wasnt in the right mindset when i got home, i would not do it

So yea I started going to a gym in the morning and it was great, basically the only thing stopping you is waking up and hoping in a car

Back