FITNESS & GYM

@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103224) said:
@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103214) said:
@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103195) said:
@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103193) said:
Currently doing 6-7 days a week cardio. Can't do weights at the moment as waiting for my shoulder recon + bicep repair end of February.

HIIT training 3-4 times a week and low intensity cardio for the remaining days.

That’s awesome wish I had that motivation
HIIT workouts are great

Once my baby goes to sleep ,I go into the garage most night and do some snatches,bench,chin ups ,push ups
Need to change in up
Sometimes I ride my pushy to work.

HIIT by far my favourite workouts. Weights or cardio just love it.
Tough I'd imagine with a baby and having the energy once they're asleep to workout. You're getting some in that's the main thing.

Cheers man
Yeah so true.something is better than nothing.
I got really down on myself last year .started to let myself go and kinda accepted it
All it takes is a photo of oneself to light the fire (as vein as that sounds)
This thread is great love reading it ?

Same, I blew out massively. Due to injuries from work and osteoarthritis which halted me for most of 2019.
Dropped 18kgs in 3 months. 6kgs off my playing weight from my 20s now which was 96kgs

@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103243) said:
Currently doing 6-7 days a week cardio. Can't do weights at the moment as waiting for my shoulder recon + bicep repair end of February.

HIIT workouts are great

Once my baby goes to sleep ,I go into the garage most night and do some snatches,bench,chin ups ,push ups
Need to change in up

Tough I'd imagine with a baby and having the energy once they're asleep to workout. You're getting some in that's the main thing.

Cheers man
I got really down on myself last year .started to let myself go and kinda accepted it

Same, I blew out massively. Due to injuries from work and osteoarthritis which halted me for most of 2019.
Dropped 18kgs in 3 months. 6kgs off my playing weight from my 20s now which was 96kgs

Damn I’m pretty much the same playing weight
Last year was my first year not playing footy tore my acl for a second time
Really hard to sit around
That’s a huge effort mate well done
You should be very proud ✌?

@hobbo1 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103235) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103231) said:
@OzLuke said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103221) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103207) said:
@OzLuke said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103204) said:
had no chance this morning to do a run, but when i get home from work tonight it'll be walking the dog for 4k.....

Monday, it's to the gym to do heavy bag and pad work.....

I like this thread.......

My accountability???

I fought last in 2018 at 96 kg....right now I'm 103 and feeling like a fat unmotivated j**k

I'm hoping we can all contribute and just keep it alive to motivate each other, track progress, post workouts, etc.

Lil tigers fitness community.
Get us all on the right path, fighting the good fight.

Hows your diet and nutrition bra?
Got respect for any one that gets in the ring.
I'm a life long boxing fan.

diet and nutrition could be a lot better...it was good leading up to my fight then once I had it I continued training for a while but diet slipped badly. Could never get it back. Shift work and commitments for the kids made excuses easy.

Looked in the mirror and was fairly unimpressed with what I saw. Missus had an anniversary reminder come up on her facebook and she mentioned "geez how fit were you!!" and that summed my slide up.

Now I'm back into training and trying to get my diet and nutrition sorted. Training is the easy part, it's the food I struggle with. Any and all advice is welcome from me.

Boxing is the best!!! One of my mates runs the Sydney Fight League and I'm now always at the fights.....one coming up at Paddington RSL and I can't wait!!!

Man, shift worker here too.
Its a struggle but at least you're putting in the effort.

Diet is always the hard part hey.
I'm enjoying the intermittent fasting and keeping the meal clean as possible and noticing improvement.

My brother is a bodybuilder and did the stage posing stuff a few years back but he works long hours these days and has fallen off track but is back into harder than ever this year.

Today i said....i dont look at the numbers on the scales and just go off by how i look.

One of his trainers is a lady in her 40s who use to be on that 6am aerobics show... he said she says the same thing ?

I just wanna look good and feel good as i get older and I'm about this life.

Speaking of boxing just saw our boy George kombosos is 1 fight away from sealing a deal with Loma. Topix for another thread but massive for him but Loma is the best l ol.

How old are you punk ?
?

I turned 30 last September.
Need to get good practices in place now and get the body optimal for the likely incoming health issues and hormonal issues that come with age.

:::

Spoiler Text

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103246) said:
had no chance this morning to do a run, but when i get home from work tonight it'll be walking the dog for 4k.....

My accountability???

I fought last in 2018 at 96 kg....right now I'm 103 and feeling like a fat unmotivated j**k

I'm hoping we can all contribute and just keep it alive to motivate each other, track progress, post workouts, etc.

diet and nutrition could be a lot better...it was good leading up to my fight then once I had it I continued training for a while but diet slipped badly. Could never get it back. Shift work and commitments for the kids made excuses easy.

Looked in the mirror and was fairly unimpressed with what I saw. Missus had an anniversary reminder come up on her facebook and she mentioned "geez how fit were you!!" and that summed my slide up.

Now I'm back into training and trying to get my diet and nutrition sorted. Training is the easy part, it's the food I struggle with. Any and all advice is welcome from me.

Boxing is the best!!! One of my mates runs the Sydney Fight League and I'm now always at the fights.....one coming up at Paddington RSL and I can't wait!!!

I'm enjoying the intermittent fasting and keeping the meal clean as possible and noticing improvement.

My brother is a bodybuilder and did the stage posing stuff a few years back but he works long hours these days and has fallen off track but is back into harder than ever this year.

Today i said....i dont look at the numbers on the scales and just go off by how i look.

One of his trainers is a lady in her 40s who use to be on that 6am aerobics show... he said she says the same thing ?

Speaking of boxing just saw our boy George kombosos is 1 fight away from sealing a deal with Loma. Topix for another thread but massive for him but Loma is the best l ol.

How old are you punk ?
?

Need to get good practices in place now and get the body optimal the liking incoming health issues and hormonal issues that come with age.

Spoiler Text

Still a pup ..
Agree on the rest .

@MtWarrigalTiger said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103250) said:
Currently doing the 75hard day challenge...lost weight easy first 2 weeks

Elaborate brah.

@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103255) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103252) said:
@hobbo1 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103248) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103246) said:

My accountability???

How old are you punk ?
?

Need to get good practices in place now and get the body optimal the liking incoming health issues and hormonal issues that come with age.

Spoiler Text

Still a pup ..
Agree on the rest .

I'm a fn rottweiler brah.
In a world full of Chihuahuas.

? dope analogy

Lol, motivation.

Cant run with the wolves if ya playing with the puppies all day.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103253) said:

Elaborate brah.

Basically no alcohol exercise twice a day for 45 mins each time.Have to drink 3.8 litres water per day and read 10 pages of a self help book each day.And a common sense diet .Also one of the 45 mins has to be outdoors

@MtWarrigalTiger said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103259) said:

Elaborate brah.

Basically no alcohol exercise twice a day for 45 mins each time.Have to drink 3.8 litres water per day and read 10 pages of a self help book each day.And a common sense diet .Also one of the 45 mins has to be outdoors

With all due respect mate...sounds like a nursing home routine ?

@MtWarrigalTiger said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103259) said:

Elaborate brah.

Lol... Ok.

Wouldn't hurt.
Doesnt seem very challenging tho.
Normal day for me without a ko0L name.

@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103206) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103194) said:

Keen to hear more mate.
What kind of cardio u doing?

Solid output.
How long do u train for usually?

Eliptical or Stationary Bike. HIIT workout is 25 mins. Low intensity cardio 45 mins. Alternate between equipment each session

About 8 years ago after a divorce I got super fit and ripped, lost 20kg (mostly from stress, wouldnt recommend it). I used to do a LOT of HIIT and it was great.

Then one day I tried the Tabata protocol and I seriously thought I was going to die, no exaggerating. Fell off the bike and laid though with my kids saying "are you ok Dad" and I actually couldnt say anything.

@Tiger5150 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103262) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Eliptical or Stationary Bike. HIIT workout is 25 mins. Low intensity cardio 45 mins. Alternate between equipment each session

About 8 years ago after a divorce I got super fit and ripped, lost 20kg (mostly from stress, wouldnt recommend it). I used to do a LOT of HIIT and it was great.

Then one day I tried the Tabata protocol and I seriously thought I was going to die, no exaggerating. Fell off the bike and laid though with my kids saying "are you ok Dad" and I actually couldnt say anything.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

This isn't about the past but the future.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103263) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Respect his story dude

@WT2K said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103243) said:

HIIT workouts are great

Need to change in up

Cheers man

Stands and applauds!

@Tiger_Steve said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103267) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Respect his story dude

Respect all brother.
Just trying to keep this thread in the present.

Lets work together and push each other.

Not talk with Geo about the good old days when he could bench press 80kg for 4 reps before he got addicted to world of warcraft and mountain dew.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103270) said:
@Tiger_Steve said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103267) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Respect his story dude

Respect all brother.
Just trying to keep this thread in the present.

Lets work together and push each other.

Not talk with Geo about the good old days when he could bench press 80kg for 4 reps before he got addicted to world of warcraft and mountain dew.

That’s true but sometimes the past shapes the future.

Can’t always bench press your way through. One thing I’ve learnt is that life can dish up some crap. Getting on top of that mentally and physically is not easy. Therefore we need to respect people’s journeys

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Mostly 375ml curls. Strangely enough it has resulted in me putting 15 of those 20kg back on.

Im with ya!

Ive let myself go pretty badly and post christmas,,,,I disgust myself!

As someone else said here, post divorce and the resulting financial/physical/mental injuries I have since married my life and soul mate but a dangerous mixture of feeling comfortable, working hard and concentrating on my business, lack of mobility due to arthritis, turning 50...everything has turned to shit.

I do need to pull it together and now Ive found this thread, this is my line in the sand. 98kg right now. Lets go!

I have a gym membership and Im going tomorrow.

@Tiger5150 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103272) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Mostly 375ml curls. Strangely enough it has resulted in me putting 15 of those 20kg back on.

Im with ya!

As someone else said here, post divorce and the resulting financial/physical/mental injuries I have since married my life and soul mate but a dangerous mixture of feeling comfortable, working hard and concentrating on my business, lack of mobility due to arthritis, turning 50...everything has turned to shit.

I do need to pull it together and now Ive found this thread, this is my line in the sand. 98kg right now. Lets go!

Great job mate.
Keep us updated.

This isn't a .... measuring contest.
We all know Milky would win.

Its about motivating each other and sharing the journey together.

Is 98 your current or goal weight ?

Keen to get back to the gym after a few months away from it. Enjoy strength training and had been hitting new PBs - went from struggling on leg press at 180kg to pushing 240kg comfortably.

I’m guessing I won’t be still at that level now, but my goal is to get back there and also work on some of the more challenging movements (for me anyway) that I’ve always found difficult to progress in - things like barbell squats and dumbbell presses.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103275) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103272) said:

Keen to hear more mate.

Solid output.

Okay lament thread guy.
What do u do these days?

Im with ya!

Great job mate.
Keep us updated.

This isn't a .... measuring contest.
We all know Milky would win.

Its about motivating each other and sharing the journey together.

Is 98 your current or goal weight ?

Current, would love to get to 89kg.

Back