Fitzy to Tigers - Cashmere looking to return to NRL

weststigers

Extract from the SMH article

**Replacements sought after six players deported**

Glenn Jackson | August 20, 2009

Former premiership winner Daniel Fitzhenry is set to return to Wests Tigers from Hull KR, while Wigan forward Mark Flanagan may also be on his way to the club. Salford's Ray Cashmere has also contacted club officials about a return to the NRL.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/australian-stars-face-deportation/2009/08/19/1250362103652.html

Hmmmm..not sure we need Fitzy..Cashmere on the cheap maybe a good pickup!

Yet again another rumour about fitzy coming back to us.Lets hope its as accurate as all the others

Another outside back who is well past his best…Hope Fitzy likes playing for BRET if he returns. Flanagan would definitely be useful, Cashmere has plenty of size and could be handy but Sheens didn't seem to be a fan back in 2005 so I don't know if anything would change his mind now.

Fitzy would be a massive backwards step, even over Crabman Ryan !

Would lvoe to see Cashmere added for depth.

Just had a look at the ESL stats and Cashmere appears to be pretty close to Burgess in hit ups and metres, and he's actually better defensively.

Would be a good option if things don't work out with Burgess.

As for Fitzy, the less said the better.

Would like to see Cashmere back. Fitzy not a bad man to have around for depth. Let the best 17 find their way onto the park each week I say.

Cashmere- I would have back. Thought he played while up in NQL and seems to be going pretty well at Salford.

Fitzy- not to sure. I think the money can be spent better elsewhere. He would be Sheens love child again taking over from Morris. Utility player on the bench for 26 rounds. Would not be happy about this purchase. I would rather we get Galea back than Fitzy.

No,no,no,no,no,to Fitzy,we have enough players in his position to cover injuries.
Cashmere is a maybe.

fitzhenry was a poor first grader. and after 3 years in the esl, he would be even worse.

Cashmere wouldn't be bad for depth, if we signed Fitzy to a balmain ryde / magpies contract it wouldn't be the end of the world… I think he could work the the younger guys and get some pretty good results...

This return of Fitzy sounds too much like the return of Jason Moodie…

Cashmere could be good for depth and I doubt he'd demand a lot of dosh.

Surely this money would be better spent on some young winger at the club with a heap of potential??

Ridiculous signing if true but not all surprising :neutral_face:

Having just woken up after knocking myself out through repeated headbutts of my desk I have composed myself enough to make a commet on the latest Fitzy to Tigers report…..NO FRIGGIN WAY!!! :angry:

Back