Food thread

You would have to think chicken Kiev would be heavily based on Ukranian cuisine even if it is not 100% authentic (just guessing)
Chicken Kiev is a American dish
Butter chicken Started in the UK
Chicken tikka masala UK as well
And French onion soup is not from France

And the tomato is from north America not Italian

Eggs are out of my diet ...seems they are what are causing a particular issue where I get the most horrendous smelling burps from time to time ...aren't breaking down fast enough supposedly

Ah, I think you might be wrong on a couple Ode 🤔 but your right in that their names don't necessarily mean where they originate.

Last edited by a moderator:
One dish I love to cook on the hot plate is a combo fried rice type of dish.
Usually consists of whatever is in the fridge, but ideally...
Rice, cooked the day before and dried.
BBQ pork, previously cooked.
Lean beef
Prawns
Chicken
Egg
Pees
Broccoli
Garlic
Onion
Capsicum
Soy sauce
What can really make this dish a crowd pleaser is the timing of adding the ingredients. When it starts to stick to the plate I add water and trap the steam with a hood for a few seconds then add butter.
It doesn’t get a mention in Jenny Craig’s list but the flavours are great. 👍

Butter Chicken started in India from Punjabi chefs you are right about chiken tikka masala from england and french onion soup which apparently came from rome.You are also right about Chicken Kiev

Butter Chicken started in India from Punjabi chefs you are right about chiken tikka masala from england and french onion soup which apparently came from rome.You are also right about Chicken Kiev
A lot of food dishes we eat today probably were around during the height of the Roman Empire. They had 3 Turkey Emperors, the south of England, and a commanding presence throughout Europe.
I just love the way the kiwis think pavlova is there’s 😂

I am so old i can remember a time when there were no fast food chains here only fish and chip shops hamburger places and the obligotory chinese restaurant in most towns and suburbs.If you were lucky enough to have an Italian restaurant nearby or even less likely a French one you were blessed.
Thank goodness there are so many more options these days

I am so old i can remember a time when there were no fast food chains here only fish and chip shops hamburger places and the obligotory chinese restaurant in most towns and suburbs.If you were lucky enough to have an Italian restaurant nearby or even less likely a French one you were blessed.
Thank goodness there are so many more options these days
A simpler time man... 🔥💯🤌

I remember back in 95, 96... my local fish and chip shop sold 600 mL Dr Peppers.

Haven't seen a 600 mL Dr Pepper since.

Butter chicken London brother

Back