For all those that are getting Benji's book...

Mothermagpie

For those that are getting Benji's book for Christmas, make sure you read it!! Dont just look at the pictures.
I don't get much time to read, but I am loving it!!
I have even more respect for the guy now, and some other players as well.

I'm hoping to get the book under my tree this year. Actually I'm pretty confident I will. I've already set aside Boxing Day to read it!

Have a copy of it, hoping to start reading it tonight or tomorrow night. Read the foreword by Wayne Bennett while in the queue to have it signed but that's about it!

Agreed, its a great read. Definitely respect him a lot more considering everything he's been through.
Glenn Jackson writes pretty well, he's done a good job compared to many sports bios that are out there

Yah I'm about 1/3 into it also. Def worth a read.

You'll find that a lot of the stuff you've heard before though, but there are plenty of interesting things in the book.

Getting it for my old man for Christmas, he enjoyed Lockyer's book I got him for Father's Day so he'd enjoy this too.

@Marshall_magic said:
Getting it for my old man for Christmas, he enjoyed Lockyer's book I got him for Father's Day so he'd enjoy this too.

Just don't tell Benji's book that Lockyer's book is better…

@Yossarian said:
@Marshall_magic said:

Just don't tell Benji's book that Lockyer's book is better…

:laughing: brilliant.

@Moh said:
Yah I'm about 1/3 into it also. Def worth a read.

You'll find that a lot of the stuff you've heard before though, but there are plenty of interesting things in the book.

true, BUT its good to hear it from the player himself, and how they were feeling around grand final time.
How they are brothers for each other etc

Back