Forum Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And soon they'll be dead 🤣 I actually went to the Broncos game last week remember.
I dont think I saw very many magpie or tiger jerseys so hopefully soon they will be all Weststigers jerseys I hope, it's a generational thing.
Unless you don't support the one club, one name, one logo we'll never be that.
Kids from here on in will wear the WT Jersey and in the future kids won't care about anything else.
Ask your kid does he know about super petrol where you put lead in your petrol, or do you hear home owners complain about having to put a a fence up when they get a pool. Times change.
I support the weststigers, not Western Suburbs or Balmain. I have it one way 👍
Did you happen to notice who the fans in the "magpie or tiger jerseys" were barracking for Cobar?
I'd be very surprised if you said they weren't barracking for Wests Tigers.

You been to any games lately Cobar ? There are old Balmain jerseys everywhere. I'm sure after 20 + years of the Weststigers been around , those supporters would be able to afford a Weststigers jersey. Nope. Just keep digging the old Balmain one out of moth balls. You can't have it both ways. Thoughts ?
💯 agree @Tiger78
And I reckon the Tigers jerseys would outnumber the Wests Magpies jerseys by a very big degree.
But we DO all barrack for Wests Tigers.
It's seems like it may come to the ridiculous situation where if you wear anything else but a Wests Tigers jersey like a Hawaiian shirt for instance, your not a Wests Tigers fan, so what the hell are you doing watching Our matches.
Surely [dont call me Shirley] we can wear what we choose to the footy without being viewed as disloyal.
And surely we can barrack for Wests Magpies in the NSW Cup without being looked upon as being disloyal to the Wests Tigers.
We all have to realise that Wests Magpies are going to be around for a looooooong time to come, so we just gotta suck it up and get on with it.

Did you happen to notice who the fans in the "magpie or tiger jerseys" were barracking for Cobar?
I'd be very surprised if you said they weren't barracking for Wests Tigers.
I was watching the football mate.
I was wearing my weststigers jersey, WT beanie and WT flag.
I looked like an aircraft marshaller 🤣
I don't serve 2 masters maggie.

Reactions: BZN
I was watching the football mate.
I was wearing my weststigers jersey, WT beanie and WT flag.
I looked like an aircraft marshaller 🤣
I don't serve 2 masters maggie.
I dont "serve 2 masters" either Cobar.

But I have an interest in Wests Tigers as well as an interest in Wests Magpies.

Just imagine that in the very near future when we have Our Club Wests Tigers firing on all 8 cylinders I can have twice the fun by having an interest in both Our Teams rather than the one being Wests Tigers, and I dont see any disloyalty or difficulty in that, do You?
Wests Magpies and Wests Tigers all play for and are owned by the same group under the Wests Tigers badge.

One Direction - West.

Straight to Perth if the rumours around expansion are to be believed.
I would rather places like Tamworth or Bathurst get the nod over Perth.
But some would argue it takes the name "Wests" out of it.
Personally I feel sick in the guts with any further interruptions to our name and location.
NRL has plenty of money, put the supporters first I say.

I dont "serve 2 masters" either Cobar.

But I have an interest in Wests Tigers as well as an interest in Wests Magpies.

Just imagine that in the very near future when we have Our Club Wests Tigers firing on all 8 cylinders I can have twice the fun by having an interest in both Our Teams rather than the one being Wests Tigers, and I dont see any disloyalty or difficulty in that, do You?
Wests Magpies and Wests Tigers all play for and are owned by the same group under the Wests Tigers badge.
I've had to let go of Balmain to support one club WT and I'm totally committed as a one club man.
I would prefer it if someone like Roberts who misses out in first grade goes and plays reserve grade for Weststigers and not Western Suburbs or Balmain.
I would rather see Westers Suburbs Magpies and Balmain be feeder clubs.
I'm happy for you that you have two teams to support.
I'm not going to talk about it anymore mate because we've hit a brick wall and going over the same stuff.
Move on because our opinions will never meat over this. Thanks mate.👍

Just for the fun of it I did a quick count of the Posters names on here and I came up with Tigers+ Balmain as the 1st words = approx 275.
The same for Magpies + Wests = 57
This is NOT an Us V Them exercise or intended to add any fuel to any fire or anything like that at all.
I'm only mentioning this as a matter of interest..... ie.....if anyone is interested.
I'm happy to be corrected though re the numbers.
Ps.....I was criticised very unfairly by a certain ex Mod a while back for having the Magpies1963 name as he claimed I was being divisive.
It just shows how petty/insecure things were with some people a couple of years ago, 20 years after We became Wests Tigers.

I've had to let go of Balmain to support one club WT and I'm totally committed as a one club man.
I would prefer it if someone like Roberts who misses out in first grade goes and plays reserve grade for Weststigers and not Western Suburbs or Balmain.
I would rather see Westers Suburbs Magpies and Balmain be feeder clubs.
I'm happy for you that you have two teams to support.
I'm not going to talk about it anymore mate because we've hit a brick wall and going over the same stuff.
Move on because our opinions will never meat over this. Thanks mate.👍
Mate, tell your grandkids about the wonderful history of Balmain before the merger - the great players (e.g Barnes), the great games ('69 grand final), the great stories. They'll love it. I told one of my grandkids, who follows Souths, about the father and son who played first grade for Wests in the same team on the same day in the 1930s. He was gobsmacked.
The histories of two great foundation clubs don't threaten WT.

Just for the fun of it I did a quick count of the Posters names on here and I came up with Tigers+ Balmain as the 1st words = approx 275.
This is NOT an Us V Them exercise or intended to add any fuel to any fire or anything like that at all.
I'm only mentioning this as a matter of interest..... ie.....if anyone is interested.
Ps.....I was criticised very unfairly by a certain ex Mod a while back for having the Magpies1963 name as he claimed I was being divisive.
It just shows how petty/insecure things were with some people a couple of years ago, 20 years after We became Wests Tigers.
And I'd say that's one reason why that person is now an ex mod

It’s pretty much double the dna instead of a dilution.

I think the Dragons are far more troubled than us.

The poor old Steelers became a pair of socks overnight.

We did much better, much more unified, tolerant and respectful.

All of that pristine Magpie player catchment, fertile and wondrous for massive footy power for decades to come. The odd geeky basket weaver Rozelle Tiger, brought up on lentil tea, fails 8 unit maths and physics-takes up league to become a man!

Last edited:
Lesssgooo Balmain!

• Haha
Mate, tell your grandkids about the wonderful history of Balmain before the merger - the great players (e.g Barnes), the great games ('69 grand final), the great stories. They'll love it. I told one of my grandkids, who follows Souths, about the father and son who played first grade for Wests in the same team on the same day in the 1930s. He was gobsmacked.
I didnt say anything like that mate. I played Jersey Flegg for Balmain, all be it 1 trial ha ha, my cousin Peter Provan captained the tigers in 69 grand final.
I have gold blood running thru black veins 🤔yuk!
How can you lose memories like that.
In 10,20, or whatever years from now if things keep going the way they are there wont be balmain jerseys in the crowd but you may find western suburbs jerseys because they managed to keep their team in KOE.
THE FACT IS WESTERN SUBURBS AND BALMAIN NRL CLUBS DIED, KAPUT, FINITO.
My point from the very start was we will always have some disparity between the two teams if we dont embrace the one club scenario in all three grades.
Just like the old days.
I couldn't think of of better way to get atmosphere and a team culture by watching all three grades of Weststigers teams play on a sunday arvo at LO or CS. That's my heaven.
If Wests and Balmain were feeder clubs then I would definitely support them as such. But from Harold Mathews to Flegg, KOE and NRL it's a one club, one jersey, one badge.
If the makeup of our name was the Balmain Magpies I'd be saying the same thing.
Go Weststigers!😻

You certainly have some time on your hands 😻
I actually hate this forun topic, I don't know how I got into this mess.
For me its not about us and them, see I didn't use the "B" word maggie 😻
It's about promoting the club and not western suburbs or "B"
It's all about one club for me.
That's it from me, I'm going to go and pop some bubble wrap now 👋 ha ha

I notice again you don't mention names in your posts, I'm guessing so you can have pot shots without the people you are speaking about knowing. You are carrying grudges from over 3 years ago, as one of the former mods you claim was having a go at you, I will state I have never had a problem with your name but did call you out when you stated you would prefer to see the Wests Magpies return over having the Wests Tigers.

M

Mate my last reply to you was meant for another, got things mixed up, I'm trying to chat and msg at the same time, ol cobar is not tooo good at multi-tasking.
In response to yours I'd concur but all of my grandkids are xbox players not grass and dirt players🤣
No one is talking about wiping history, I'm not. I've still got memorabilia from yesteryears.

In response to yours I'd concur but all of my grandkids are xbox players not grass and dirt players🤣
No one is talking about wiping history, I'm not. I've still got memorabilia from yesteryears.
No problems mate. Turn the power off and sit the little buggers down and go through the '69 GF play by play. Just leave out the injury stoppages because there's quite a lot of them and they're not that interesting. Don't turn the power back on until they can tell you the starting lineup.

• Haha
No problems mate. Turn the power off and sit the little buggers down and go through the '69 GF play by play. Just leave out the injury stoppages because there's quite a lot of them and they're not that interesting. Don't turn the power back on until they can tell you the starting lineup.
Ha ha, they'll just want to watch Laurie Nicholls do his shadow boxing in his singlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back