Gareth Ellis

Eye_Of_Wests_Tigers

This bloke is on fire and needs to be here through till the finals, because he makes so much metres and puts in some crunching tackles to help out our sometimes wailing defence.

However, i was listening to Braybrook today and he said that he tripped Scott Porter apparently and was consistently saying it during the run in to half time. If this is the case, with the other charge he might not play this week :eek:pen_mouth: and we really need this bloke, best player all season along with tuiaki! Did any one see the alledged incident? and was it a trip?

As important as Farah and Marshall in my opinion. I love his attitude, in the big games he will be our forward leader.

@Eddie said:
As important as Farah and Marshall in my opinion. I love his attitude, in the big games he will be our forward leader.

He is out forward leader and imo him Farah & Marshall are our 3 most important players. Moltzen though is moving up there.

He was on fire out there, i just can imagine losing him for such an important games, especially when they have Mateo, Hindmarsh, Fui Fui, and more importantly Reddy and Hayne who are on fire. We need all the muscle we can get out there!

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
However, i was listening to Braybrook today and he said that he tripped Scott Porter apparently and was consistently saying it during the run in to half time. If this is the case, with the other charge he might not play this week :eek:pen_mouth: and we really need this bloke, best player all season along with tuiaki! Did any one see the alledged incident? and was it a trip?

They showed it later, he was about to stick his leg out but pulled it back in, no trip.

IMO he tried to step into tackle Porter. Didn't extend his leg out at all, just got wrong footed

He got stood up a couple of times today and will need to fix that against Parra.

it would be a nice situation to see Gareth Ellis score his first try for the season, a try which wins the game for wests-tigers and ensures they will make the top 8, and there is no chance of being removed from it.

He definitely threw the leg out, tried to reel it back in but on one of the replays it looked like he did make contact with one of Porter's feet.

I think he should be right.. we really need him for Parra game.

Had another good game.. Our left side attack is super deadly !

Gareth gets posted alot by the defender inside him. It happens when players get tired.

Should play him at lock next week and park Galea in his usual slot.

great player ….but i hate playing back rowers in the centres ....too many times it breaks down when a centre would help finish the raid ....

@smeghead said:
Gareth gets posted alot by the defender inside him. It happens when players get tired.

Should play him at lock next week and park Galea in his usual slot.

Load of crap putting it on his inside man. He is too slow to react to a quick shift of pace laterally.

He had a very strong game overall today but l have seen him caught out several times this season in being slow to shift laterally in defence. It's the only real weakness I'm seeing in Ellis though. He runs the ball hard and has good leg drive, he hits hard in defence and gets through a lot of work, and for a bloke his size to play 80 minutes, he's doing remarkably well in his first season in the NRL.

Back