Genuine advice sought…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was only asking this question yesterday. It’s not like she has just come out of nowhere, she has been making music for about 15 years. Sounds corny, but I think it’s hard work and marketing. Apparently she is in the recording studio every month releasing a new song, so she’s always in the public eye. Playing 4 consecutive sold out shows at ACCOR next week, which has never been done. I have heard people who don’t even have tickets are going, just to stand outside the stadium and listen, which is really going to piss me off, cos i’ll be there next Friday night at Qudos Bank seeing Blink, and its already going to be hell on earth with over 100k people in the precinct, but you also have to factor in idiots loitering without tickets.

She caters to half the world's population
(Females)

There's that....

She also works her arse off,
And writes some really good pop songs....

Even not being a fan, When you listen to the hooks and pull the songs apart...
She's really, really good at what she does.

I've been saying it for a while, I don't think there'll be a more productive song writer ever...
and it's hard to say it, But I think she's also eclipsing the likes of McCartney etc as a song writer.
I don't like it - That's just how I see it.

She gets a wrap for not writing her own songs and such, She works with producers , Sure
- But she's the nucleus of her music...
You see the videos of her singing her stuff from when she was like 13,
It sounds the same as what she's doing now... Similar melodies and cadence.

Dunno, It's all a bit hard to swallow....
But sometimes you just have to bow to the Artistry...

Scary thing is, At mid 30's (And keeping as busy as she does)
- She hasn't even hit that next level creatively of what she'll probably end up doing....

Was only asking this question yesterday. It’s not like she has just come out of nowhere, she has been making music for about 15 years. Sounds corny, but I think it’s hard work and marketing. Apparently she is in the recording studio every month releasing a new song, so she’s always in the public eye. Playing 4 consecutive sold out shows at ACCOR next week, which has never been done. I have heard people who don’t even have tickets are going, just to stand outside the stadium and listen, which is really going to piss me off, cos i’ll be there next Friday night at Qudos Bank seeing Blink, and its already going to be hell on earth with over 100k people in the precinct, but you also have to deal with idiots loitering without tickets.

Reckon you can add 10k to that....
Outside her concerts are as big a deal as inside...

Simple question with a complicated answer.
Why is Taylor Swift so popular?
Cheers.
OMG, you and I have had a massive disagreement in the past but here I 100% agree with you. Cannot stand the woman and the way she is infiltrated into my life e.g the Superbowl.

There's that....

I've been saying it for a while, I don't think there'll be a more productive song writer ever...
and it's hard to say it, But I think she's also eclipsing the likes of McCartney etc as a song writer.

She gets a wrap for not writing her own songs and such, She works with producers , Sure

- She hasn't even hit that next level creatively of what she'll probably end up doing....
She is so huge, that they are freaking out in the US that she could swing the Presidential election at the end of the year. Fox News a few weeks speculated if she is a Psy Op

Writes catchy songs + hasn’t ever had any controversy surrounding her so she’s considered a family-friendly listen for young people too.

Always releasing new music, so stays in the public eye.

Talented songwriter too and some of her singer-songwriter albums (folklore + evermore) are genuine quality IMO (I think more so than her pop-oriented albums).

Plus, I think another major reason she’s blown up again recently is the young people who grew up listening to her are now at the age where they can buy tickets to/attend concerts themselves, or even take their own kids.

I mentioned it the other day in the NFL thread, but there was a whole list of betting markets in the SB dedicated to her.

- The over/under on how many times the camera would show her
- Whether it would show her during the Anthem
- What colour dress she‘d wear
- What colour lipstick
- Whether Kelce would propose

Writes catchy songs + hasn’t ever had any controversy surrounding her so she’s considered a family-friendly listen for young people too.

Always releasing new music, so stays in the public eye.

Talented songwriter too and some of her singer-songwriter albums (folklore + evermore) are genuine quality IMO (I think more so than her pop-oriented albums).

Plus, I think another major reason she’s blown up again recently is the young people who grew up listening to her are now at the age where they can buy tickets to/attend concerts themselves, or even take their own kids.
Yeh at such a young age, she's captured two generations.

I like seeing such crazes.

There's that....

Sunday, Tokyo
Monday, Las Vegas
Friday, Melbourne

Yeah, she has a private jet.
But that work ethic is legit.

There's that....

That’s not unprecedented. Why has she been chosen to rise above the rest?
Again not unprecedented. There’s more to it.
Her songs are very basic. There are artists out there who leave her for dead in this arena.
This is true. Unless tragedy strikes, she’s around for a long time yet.

She is so huge, that they are freaking out in the US that she could swing the Presidential election at the end of the year. Fox News a few weeks speculated if she is a Psy Op
Yes it’s this cross-pollination of sectors that bemuses me.
She dominated coverage of the NFL recently, will do the same in the political sphere and I have no doubt, if she starts appearing in films, she’ll see massive success there as well.

I don’t agree with the rest of your post as her output is too middle of the road for me, but this sentence does hold weight. Spanning generations. Likely to hold 3 within the next 10-15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back