Gildart - The Last And Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to have 2 left feet out there... That or that's the only one he's aware of.

He had plenty of blokes here who were happy to let those a bit cagey on a UK Back in the NRL know how fantastic he was before he got here
- And how he earnt those rep jerseys....
Those guys still about?

He got a bath in ressies FFS...
Most important defensive position on the field and I've barely seen him make a correct decision yet...
Then when he does - He's ineffective....

Seems to have 2 left feet out there... That or that's the only one he's aware of.

He had plenty of blokes here who were happy to let those a bit cagey on a UK Back in the NRL know how fantastic he was before he got here
- And how he earnt those rep jerseys....
Those guys still about?

He got a bath in ressies FFS...
Most important defensive position on the field and I've barely seen him make a correct decision yet...
Then when he does - He's ineffective....
Yes I'm still about, and didn't you spend the whole off season trash talking Hastings as well?

Yes I'm still about, and didn't you spend the whole off season trash talking Hastings as well?
Possibly... Wasn't sold he was the saviour....
Also said he wasn't coming here to play Lock (That I remember)

My hesitance was about his personality - Which I'd based on first hand experience.
Which I'm still not super sold on - New Brooms sweep clean and all.
And the fact that he'd previously offsided most of his team mates
- Which is well documented.

And the Man of Steel means nothing here - Which it doesn't...
Plenty of Nuffies have won it.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Possibly... Wasn't sold he was the saviour....
Also said he wasn't coming here to play Lock (That I remember)

My hesitance was about his personality - Which I'd based on first hand experience.
Which I'm still not super sold on - New Brooms sweep clean and all.
And the fact that he'd previously offsided most of his team mates
- Which is well documented.

And the Man of Steel means nothing here - Which it doesn't...
Plenty of Nuffies have won it.
I understand your reservations batboy, as they say "a leopard never changes its spots"
I think a lot of Jacksons' personality is bought about by his upbringing.
He often talks about his mums struggles and not having dad around which I think has made him cocky and defensive.
The best thing for him was to get away and "find" himself.
I like what I see.
Let's give him a go and time will tell I guess.
I too am cautious about fairytales but they can come true if one tries hard enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gildart was solid yesterday but does need more time just like herbie did he will come good
I really hope you are right. Not seeing it at the moment, but it would be great. Someone get him on the weights and Yorkshire pudding - beef up a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
This guy is getting smashed and well pretty rightly so BUT my concern is who thought he would be a good addiction to our first grade team , hear is where the problem stems from , who is held responsible for this guy , he is well out of the grade , I had hopes for him and first couple games game him a chance to show what he may have had , I do say he can attack and with a solid back line probably goes better BUT who takes the fall , who said sign this guy , that’s my issue

This guy is getting smashed and well pretty rightly so BUT my concern is who thought he would be a good addiction to our first grade team , hear is where the problem stems from , who is held responsible for this guy , he is well out of the grade , I had hopes for him and first couple games game him a chance to show what he may have had , I do say he can attack and with a solid back line probably goes better BUT who takes the fall , who said sign this guy , that’s my issue

Another madge miss by the sounds of it.

You'd have to imagine Hastings playing with him over in ESL would have had some say in it

Well if Hastings gave us the heads up maybe time will improve this kid , he is young , he can attack , just needs a real lift in defence , who knows he could become a solid player , I suppose I should remember he is playing in a team that is well not that great , riddled with injuries , and are very hot and cold , I don’t know , just frustrating to see , but he can’t be held to account for all he loses , he is as bad as plenty of others in the team

Well if Hastings gave us the heads up maybe time will improve this kid , he is young , he can attack , just needs a real lift in defence , who knows he could become a solid player , I suppose I should remember he is playing in a team that is well not that great , riddled with injuries , and are very hot and cold , I don’t know , just frustrating to see , but he can’t be held to account for all he loses , he is as bad as plenty of others in the team
Young??? Needs a rocket up his highness.

Former international. Has pascoes’s paws all over it. Loves signing a has been.

I understand your reservations batboy, as they say "a leopard never changes its spots"
I think a lot of Jacksons' personality is bought about by his upbringing.
He often talks about his mums struggles and not having dad around which I think has made him cocky and defensive.
The best thing for him was to get away and "find" himself.
I like what I see.
Let's give him a go and time will tell I guess.
I too am cautious about fairytales but they can come true if one tries hard enough.
Fairy tales are great when your a kid....Hastings has known his flaws in his personality and what he had to change,he took it on himself to better himself and realise his true football ability...I cant applaud him enough for changing his wayward way of life and now committing himself to better this team and club...if you all still think this is a fairy tale then pinch yourself....your dreaming,Hastings is the real deal for us and the best you all can do is appreciate his efforts,this joint has paid big money to big egos over the years for no result,Hastings comes back after 3 weeks out for suspension,we win the next 2 games against formidable opposition,the team lifts and some of you guys can only talk fairy tales...fair dinkum...

On Gildart...he needs more time in reggies he has played 8 games over here and everybody thinks he is another Schofield....give him a bit more time before you scrap him,he is on a 2 year contract...gee we have given bigger money to bigger losers over the years and you want to condemn a bloke for travelling 1/2 way round the world to have a go in the toughest comp in the world....enough said...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back