God's HEADBUTT....

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
The great Jarred Hayne's headbutt on Slater was fantastic…

Grub on Grub.....

The big question now is???????

Will he get off with ORIGIN 2...the decider just around the corner.....?

Oh and why wasn't he sent off?

Thoughts???

Was good eh, they were at each other all night, hayne performs the surrender tackle of the year so Slater tell him what he thinks of that with knees to the head, Hayne later gives him the l'pool kiss…(shoulda given it 110% tho) then slater a mionute later cold cocks him from behind with an elbow to the head in a cat act rivalling the head kick to skando - great stuff
Slater should have his own logo
Cheat Cat Coward

![](http://www.tuvitalia.com/images/marchi/files/ccc_mts.gif)

I havnt seen it yet. Was it good and did we get Claret?

No body likes Slater, so surely there is room in the Modern Game for the odd Liverpool Kiss?

It is a contact sport!!!

if gibbs got 3 weeks for accidental knees in the back then a deliberate headbutt should be atleast 6 weeks IMO

Just like Thurston's defence was that the language was no worse than 'Underbelly' Hayne's defence will be that he was inspired by the replay of the last world cup where Zidane head butted Matterazzi and he feels he has a future career in the World Game.

@innsaneink said:
hayne performs the surrender tackle of the year so Slater tell him what he thinks of that with knees to the head

Was that when Hayne was collecting the ball from a kick? Because I did see Slater slide at him once during the game with his knees first sliding right into Hayne. Slater really is a dirty player. What Hayne did was stupid but it was really just a tap. They were both fired up in eachothers faces. If Hayne is suspendied for that then Slater should be suspended for leading with the knees. It is dangerous just like how he used to kick at the ball over the try-line when the ball is in possession of the other team.

<big>Hayne, Slater may miss Origin II</big>
By Steve Jancetic AAP Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:33:08

Fans look set to be denied one of the NRL's most bitter rivalries on rugby league's biggest stage with duelling fullbacks Jarryd Hayne and Billy Slater facing being banned for Wednesday week's second State of Origin clash.

A simmering feud which had been bubbling along all night finally exploded just after the hour mark at Parramatta Stadium on Friday night when Hayne appeared to headbutt Slater in Parramatta's 24-10 win over Melbourne.

Hayne was put on report for the 'Liverpool kiss', and while the force would have struggled to bruise a grape, there is little doubt he will have a case to answer at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

Slater will most probably find himself alongside Hayne at NRL headquarters after his retaliatory elbow to the head of Hayne sparked a brawl minutes later.

While teammates in the Australian side, Hayne is forced to play second fiddle for the fullback jersey they both covet, despite the Eels ace appearing to usurp Slater's standing as the most dynamic player in the game when he scooped the player of the year awards during a stellar 2009 campaign.

The pair were set for their first Origin showdown as rival No.1s in Brisbane on June 16, with Hayne seemingly assured of being moved off the wing for a NSW side desperate to avoid a fifth straight series win.

Now neither is likely to be there at Suncorp Stadium, Storm captain Cameron Smith admitting the battle had been brewing for much of the match.

"They were sort of at each other all night - they compete for the No.1 jersey, they play big matches against each other in Origin and obviously this one tonight - that's the way footy is sometimes," Smith said.

"They've got a pretty good rivalry going - it's good to have that sort of stuff out on the field, it's good for the fans and I'm sure it was a pretty entertaining match for the crowd."

It was a almost a pity only 7572 fans were on hand for the grand final rematch, though the Eels faithful made sure the Storm knew of their anger at being robbed of last year's premiership by a Melbourne side which had been assembled illegally.

Coach Craig Bellamy and Slater seemed to cop the brunt of the fans angst, Smith fuelling the rivalry between the two sides after the match when he taunted the Eels fans for their lack of support.

"It was talked about all week in the media how they were going to come here and abuse us - we were a little bit disappointed there was only seven and a half (thousand) here - we were expecting a fairly big crowd," Smith said.

"The were into us, they were into us when we ran out and it continued all match and obviously their team got upon the scoreboard so that made them a bit more vocal."

While Slater and Hayne are in doubt for the Origin II, Smith said the elbow injury which kept him out of Origin I had come through the game unscathed.

"It was a good night to test it out - they've got some big forward," Smith said.

"I tackled Fui (Fuifui Moimoi) a couple of times, Nathan Cayless a couple of times - it came through pretty good.

"It was a pretty smart decision to hold off as long as I did.

"I was trying to push it to get into Origin - I would have been struggling to get there if did."

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58921/hayne-slater-may-miss-origin-ii/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

give them both the same period of suspension, say 4 weeks/rounds of the comp games, so they miss out on both remaining origin matches.

In my opinion I dont even think Hayne deserves a week in the regular comp, it was a nothing headbut and there was no way it wouldve hurt Slater.. He deserved it anyway, hes a grub and a cheat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTyURv9Epc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slater's a cat! Can't handle a bit of heavy contact…

What Hayne did was stupid. You can't do something like that when your a player that is as important as Hayne is to his club. You need to get him back in a legal manner. Now he will miss a few games for the Eels and a SOO game as well.

What Slater did was was Slater is. Grub. How many times is this bloke going to act out? That knee into Hayne was cowardly. Something should have been done than. That payback incident was reminiscent of what Queensland did after Price was knocked out lat year. Slater leading with the elbow should be charged and harshly, even if he did miss. That is not a feature of the game today.

Smith acting like a petulant child won't win any fans either. We have nothing to lose, its not our fault, etc. They can play with the freedom and knowledge they won't get points, but that doesn't mean they should go out getting involved in fights like they have in the last few matches since they were told they weren't going to win points.

daniel vidot got a few weeks for throwin a knee in a fight, anything less then 3 weeks is proof that big name players get preferential treatment.

as for thurston they charged him with the wrong offence, lol at detrimental to the game…lol...if thats detrimental to the game then we wont have many FG players running around each week

I thought that the passion shown by both clubs is exactly what the game needs.

I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

I love how you call him "God" Geo :laughing:

I hope you dont mind me stealing that name and using it myself :wink:

Hate them both but if Hayne doesnt go for at least a game or two then something is seriously wrong, doesnt matter how hard (or how soft) it is you cant lead with the head. I can only imagine how blokes would be on here if it was one of our blokes who copped a headbutt. I thought Slater actually missed with his dog act but as someone else said, Slater is as Slater is, a regular grub and deserves whatever comes his way.

Members online

Back