Good News

Congratulations Mate on the birth our your grand child

Good luck with the Golf swing, once your out of the sling.

I thought this might be a good topic for anyone who has experienced some recent good news.
We are often dragged down a bit with problems in our lives that we forget to stop and 'smell the roses'
So, I'll kick it off with two things that have cheered me up big time.
First off all,
I'M A GRAND DADDY AGAIN woo hoo 💞
A little girl. Mum and baby healthy and beautiful.
Secondly,
I've got my arm splint off now and in a sling, now I can have a good old scratch aaahh. Oh and I'm allowed to text with my proper hand 👍

Come on, tell us something uplifting.
🤜🤛
Well,well,Cobar another little grandchild...congrats mate....however,once the arm comes good and you have to do a bit of baby sitting,I dont think it will be the roses you will be smelling...:poop::cry::love:

Congrats Cobar - my wife and i just celebrated the birth of our 5th grandchild - a little girl. Had to go to Cairns to see here for the first time. A few trips up north on the cards.
We are both rackin em up eh, you've got 5 and I've got 6 gkids. That's enough for a cricket team, woohoo!
Well done DP and all the best of health to mum and bub.
👏 🤝 🤜🤛

Thanks so much to an overwhelming show of support and friendship.
It certainly put me in a better mind space and will do for a long time.
Please brighten up our day with a posts of good news.
It can be about you, something you've read, have seen or heard.
It's great to know the forum family rulz🤜🤛

the lack of rain ,5 days,with 2 of sunshine,good 2 face with the real world smiley faces,

If only we could send all this water to the interior hey.
Big8Gbji8.jpg

Well at least someones happy 😁

I love animals.
I use to rescue abused dogs that were destined to be euthanized at the local pound and nurse them back to health.
When they trusted me I would look for a good owner.
I never found it hard to get a good owner if I told the story of the dogs journey.
My local vet, now passed away god bless his soul, allowed me to put a notice of the dog's story in his surgery waiting room and he also gave the dog free heart worm, parvo and flee/tick treatment.
I'm too old to do this anymore and live in a small villa.
I don't have a dog anymore because I couldn't live happily if my pet died.
I saw these photos today and I thought it might cheer someone up like it has me.
Apparently the dog and owl are inseparable. 🌝
Hey everyone, if something cheers you up or something great has happened to you, post it here. You'll be surprised how good news affects other people, after all we're WT family. 👍
21167558_1279184292191380_4307107850822643128_o-1.jpg
20863660_1269894916453651_4179576653797120008_o.jpg

I thought this might be a good topic for anyone who has experienced some recent good news.
We are often dragged down a bit with problems in our lives that we forget to stop and 'smell the roses'
So, I'll kick it off with two things that have cheered me up big time.
First off all,
I'M A GRAND DADDY AGAIN woo hoo 💞
A little girl. Mum and baby healthy and beautiful.
Secondly,
I've got my arm splint off now and in a sling, now I can have a good old scratch aaahh. Oh and I'm allowed to text with my proper hand 👍

Come on, tell us something uplifting.
🤜🤛
Congrats Cobra nothing like a healthy baby to put things in perspective when your footy team is not firing.

Apologies for epic post.

This is a series of texts I've enjoyed reading from one of our well known members in private chat, who has given me permission to post this.
It's just little snippets of "life" that I'm sure sounds all to familiar to many of us.
There are too many texts to post all of our conversations.
Hopefully after reading this it may prompt you to share something special in your life with others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I fractured my skull in 2015, and have no sense of smell, and really bad tinnitus in my right ear.
I lost my sense of smell in March 2015, and it hasn't come back, I have worked fulltime ever since it happened...as you know all to well, you just get on with it........
My eldest has a degree in communications and public relations, with a double degree in business, the youngest has a few months to go to complete her degrees in communications media, and a double degree in creative business.
Both girls have done really well, the youngest getting DUX of year 12 at her school, with a 93.2 ATAR.....
Both our girls worked during their degrees, the eldest also set up and run an online skin care business as well, designed her own website, labels and logos, she still runs that as a side business now.....
My eldest daughter ran the city to surf on sunday to raise money for the stroke foundation because of my mum's stroke.
She set a goal a of $500, but she raised over $4000, she has never run in her life. 🙂
Our youngest daughter flies out to England on fathers day to complete the last semester of her double degree at the university of central Lancashire.....
My mum has had 3 trips to hospital in the last 2 weeks, I had a call at 3.04am on her birthday, August 2, that was not good. But she is back in the aged care facility and back doing her physio, so we try again....
Dad has been great, they have been married 56 years, dad is 80 and doing things he has never done in his life, all the while doing his own cancer scans, which fortunately have shown no cancer left, he has a 12 month break until his next scan now hopefully all will be better......
It's funny that things you used to think annoyed you about them (parents), you now wished you could do again.
I try teach my kids to take nothing for granted, be nice to everyone until they give you a reason to do otherwise, don't listen to rumours and treat people how you would like to be treated...

To say this guy loves his children and is so proud of them is an understatement.
We are surrounded by nice people. We just have to open up our eyes and also take time to listen.
👍

Latest posts

Members online

Back