Good News

Both those ages are very flattering. 👍
They say in golf, if you shoot you age, for example 65 shots at 65yrs of age your doing awesome.
Well at the rate my body keeps breaking or getting injured, I'll have to live to 90+ to shoot that score 🤣
Think golf formula wrong if you shoot 65 at 25 years your doing awesome
Maybe 65 net of handicap that's 42 Stapleton points

Think golf formula wrong if you shoot 65 at 25 years your doing awesome
Maybe 65 net of handicap that's 42 Stapleton points
36pts is net par, so regardless of handicap 36pts and above is pretty cool.
It's becomes easier to to shoot your age off the stick as you get older up to the point where you become physically and mentally challeged and you start to go backwards.
There's an 87yr old guy from our club who passed away last year. When a golfing buddy was going through his memorabilia he found 8 old score cards where he shot his age off the stick, they were signed by the club captain.
How cools that!

Reactions: 851
Cobar, great thread and I wanted to offer my contribution.

Both my sons are in the midst of buying properties and will have no debt. This is a great start in life for young men of 20 and 21 years of age. Both also have vehicles with no debt.

This is the culmination of a combined 82 years of work between their late mother and me. Unfortunately, their mother is not here to enjoy the feeling but if she were I know she would feel as I do that our job is now done. This provides a great sense of satisfaction.

As I look toward retirement, I am looking forward to relocating from Sydney back to the northern suburbs of Wollongong. Sydney is too busy and while it has been good, there is no place like home. The old Mazda RX2 Coupe and RX7 are being "recommissioned" and I look forward to some fun driving.

Last edited:
As we all know its been tough for a lot of people the last couple of years,not just here in our great country but also worldwide...
Families have seperated or has conflicts through the vax,loss of jobs or losing their business..I like many have had a seperation,loneliness and loss of job...
I keep battling the good fight and try to help others when I can...A good example of how simple it is to make someones day,I was at the supermarket the other day and a lady was at the service desk paying for smokes,she was in her 80s and was $2.70 short,I gave her the money she needed and told her to have a good day and God bless...she had a tear in her eye..no big deal for me I was happy to help...
But the best thing that happened is I recieved a phone call from my ex sister and brother in law inviting me to their place for Christmas,they told me that I will always be part of their family even though their sister done the wrong thing because the nephew and niece love me and expect me to be there..
I was chuffed and accepted the invite...It makes you realise that this world is full of good people and as human beings we are generous and caring as a core of our being..family and family of friends are the most important thing in life....

""with family we grow stronger in our journey through life...with family there is HOPE,FAITH and LOVE.."
The greatest of the 3 is LOVE...
Stay strong guys with Xmas coming on and God Bless each and everyone of you....

As we all know its been tough for a lot of people the last couple of years,not just here in our great country but also worldwide...
Families have seperated or has conflicts through the vax,loss of jobs or losing their business..I like many have had a seperation,loneliness and loss of job...
I keep battling the good fight and try to help others when I can...A good example of how simple it is to make someones day,I was at the supermarket the other day and a lady was at the service desk paying for smokes,she was in her 80s and was $2.70 short,I gave her the money she needed and told her to have a good day and God bless...she had a tear in her eye..no big deal for me I was happy to help...
But the best thing that happened is I recieved a phone call from my ex sister and brother in law inviting me to their place for Christmas,they told me that I will always be part of their family even though their sister done the wrong thing because the nephew and niece love me and expect me to be there..
I was chuffed and accepted the invite...It makes you realise that this world is full of good people and as human beings we are generous and caring as a core of our being..family and family of friends are the most important thing in life....

""with family we grow stronger in our journey through life...with family there is HOPE,FAITH and LOVE.."
The greatest of the 3 is LOVE...
Stay strong guys with Xmas coming on and God Bless each and everyone of you....

I hope you have a wonderful Xmas and a better 2023

Family, friends and health are the most important things in life. I don't know where I would be without their support.
Exactly right mate....we can all have opinions on footy,horse racing or any other bloody thing in life,but we cant turn our backs on family and friends for we all need and give support from the bottom of our hearts...God bless you mate...

Hey guys, you've probably noticed I haven't been heavily active on the forum lately.
We have just found out the good news that the missus & I are finally expecting a little tiger
mid-late next year. No doubt this is going to be a huge game changer for both, however it's something we both been wanting for a while, teary at the moment as plans haven't been quite on track for us in the past for some time though, we both are very excited. 👍

PM me if you wanna have a chat.

Cobar, great thread and I wanted to offer my contribution.

Both my sons are in the midst of buying properties and will have no debt. This is a great start in life for young men of 20 and 21 years of age. Both also have vehicles with no debt.

This is the culmination of a combined 82 years of work between their late mother and me. Unfortunately, their mother is not here to enjoy the feeling but if she were I know she would feel as I do that our job is now done. This provides a great sense of satisfaction.

As I look toward retirement, I am looking forward to relocating from Sydney back to the northern suburbs of Wollongong. Sydney is too busy and while it has been good, there is no place like home. The old Mazda RX2 Coupe and RX7 are being "recommissioned" and I look forward to some fun driving.
What was the outcome of your sons buying property Paws, hope they did well.
Have you moved to the Gong?

Hey guys, you've probably noticed I haven't been heavily active on the forum lately.
We have just found out the good news that the missus & I are finally expecting a little tiger
mid-late next year. No doubt this is going to be a huge game changer for both, however it's something we both been wanting for a while, teary at the moment as plans haven't been quite on track for us in the past for some time though, we both are very excited. 👍

Well done ahki...

Congratulations 🎊
🤝

The next Roberto Farah.

Congratulations to you and your good wife.

Fantastic mate....life changing

Congrats to you and ur partner enjoy it champion 🍺🍺

Congratulations!! That's wonderful x

Awesome stuff brother, you must be over the moon, your missus has caught the Egyptian Flu, be careful.

Means she is going to be a mummy 🤣

Members online

Back