Got out of jail there...

if the dragons play like they did today verse us we will beat them by 14

they were lucky they played the sharks today

@shiretiger said:
@Golden said:
@shiretiger said:
If we play like that on Friday night we will be beaten by 30.

since when could the dragons score 30 points???

play like that it wil be somthing like 17-4

the dragons have the same boring gameplan every week 5 tackles kick… dont drop the ball wait for error.. when their 6 in front lets kick a Field Goal

ahh, lets see in 2010:

Round 3 - 33-8 v Cowboys
Round 5 - 34-16 v Broncos
Round 8 - 38 - 0 v Sharks
Round 12 - 30 - 0 v Eels
\
\
They seem to be doing it every 3 weeks or so, so they are due on Friday.

I see it as they are due in 2 weeks :wink:

Rd 3 - 5 = 2 week gap
Rd 5 - 8 = 3 week gap
Rd 8 - 12 = 4 week gap

So based on that, their next 30 pt+ performance will be in rd 17, 5 weeks after rd 12 :wink:

In all seriousness I think its going to be a similar scoreline to today, its just a question of whether our defence turns up and if we take our chances.

the answer is simple get off to a great start against the dragons and we win.. they dont know how to play from behind they have no plan B at all they only have 1 game plan for every game

The Tigers got bent back by the Raiders forwards, but that was always going to happen given the size of their pack and the fact the ref kept an open 10 metres. The Tigers made hard work of it, but their scramble was excellent, but they conceded bugger all linebreaks and if they can improve their completion rate (which was poor today), then they'll give the Dragons a fright I reckon. They were not that impressive in beating the Sharks and they don't boast the same size in the forwards that the Raiders do.

Great game.

On the downside, the whole team looked exhausted in the second half - it will be hard backing up on Friday.

@shiretiger said:
If we play like that on Friday night we will be beaten by 30.

I agree and i agree with the OP//.
Our forwards were beaten, gotten on top of…we resorted to going side to side when we realized we couldnt do it going forward.
That said an ugly win is better than a pretty loss....a wins a win.

The game looked better on TV than there at the ground....touch footy wont get us far in the semis

@willow said:
The Tigers got bent back by the Raiders forwards, but that was always going to happen given the size of their pack and the fact the ref kept an open 10 metres. The Tigers made hard work of it, but their scramble was excellent, but they conceded bugger all linebreaks and if they can improve their completion rate (which was poor today), then they'll give the Dragons a fright I reckon. They were not that impressive in beating the Sharks and they don't boast the same size in the forwards that the Raiders do.

Maxwell and Klien's 10 and the ruck was disgraceful….

We caught the markers out on a least a Dozen occassions for 1 penalty......

The Radiers defensive line consistantly had 2 and 3 players in front of Horse Head right next to him....I could hear him say GO all day...

I honestly thought the raiders played quite well and like some of you said the tigers got dominated in the forwards. Their forwards were very good and some of their backs like Crocker and Thompson were pretty good too. They're a good young team imo. I dont think theres too much to worry about at this stage. At the end of the day nice to see the tiges matching it- Enjoyed my Sunday @ Leichhardt.

@Golden said:
the answer is simple get off to a great start against the dragons and we win.. they dont know how to play from behind they have no plan B at all they only have 1 game plan for every game

BINGO, when behind the dragons really struggle to make up the points. If we were able to go 2-3 tries up at any stage I think it would be good enough.

The offload was the killer.

I also didn't think Ellis or Galloway were dominated at all. Keith will be better for the run as well

WHAT A DISGRACE…................
while watching the game I was wondering.....is this the same team that beat the warriers by 50 points

This was schoolboy stuff, Tim should shout the boys a lotto ticket each because they must be the luckiest team from the round. There was no skill yesterday and the team looked very dis interested in wanting to win. on that form they need to start the game against the dragons on Thursday night and hopefully build a good lead before the dragond take the field on Friday. And as for Tim sheens with the comment about NO tigers in the state of Origin team......... Come on tim, on that form not one of them would deserve to be in it..................................

@graham46 said:
while watching the game I was wondering.....is this the same team that beat the warriers by 50 points

This was schoolboy stuff, Tim should shout the boys a lotto ticket each because they must be the luckiest team from the round. There was no skill yesterday and the team looked very dis interested in wanting to win. on that form they need to start the game against the dragons on Thursday night and hopefully build a good lead before the dragond take the field on Friday. And as for Tim sheens with the comment about NO tigers in the state of Origin team......... Come on tim, on that form not one of them would deserve to be in it..................................

Great first post.. not sure what game u are watching..
Not one player hey?

Heighno was a stand out…
:unamused: :unamused:

@innsaneink said:
The game looked better on TV than there at the ground….touch footy wont get us far in the semis

I havent seen th egame on TV yet, was at the game, but based on the "two sides" posting here I think its a given.

IMO from watching live, we were lucky. Too many miracle plays by us forced by the fact we couldnt get through them and their forwards were smashing us. Ellis, Galloway, Gibbs fought hard but there were MANY sets in our own half where NO forwards were putting hteir hand up to smash it up, or on a few occassions there were not even any forwards there.

I needed a good laugh after that game and I got one this morning when I read Dane Tilse got awarded one Dally M point for his performance yesterday

@Golden said:

Exactly, some early points will be crucial.

@graham46 said:

Your a moron.

@smeghead said:
I needed a good laugh after that game and I got one this morning when I read Dane Tilse got awarded one Dally M point for his performance yesterday

Tom Leyroyd Lars was outstanding for them, as was Shillington

@T-REXX said:
@graham46 said:

Great first post.. not sure what game u are watching..
Not one player hey?

Heighno was a stand out…
:unamused: :unamused:

I was thinking the same thing T-REXX.

@Glennb said:
@smeghead said:

Tom Leyroyd Lars was outstanding for them, as was Shillington

Shillo was outstanding for them and got the 2 points.

1 point for mine goes to Ellis no qustion or shadow of a doubt

@graham46 said:

Hmmmm! Maybe this post has appeared on the wrong forum?
Coming off the bye and against one of the biggest packs around, I thought we gutsed out a not pretty win, which we need to learn to do for the finals!

We bombed 5 tries… 5 tries! Our execution was out and the bye round for mine is a good explanation. Had we not bombed those tries we would have killed the Raiders. We made it hard for ourselves i thought and the amount of off-loads + massive canberra pack really tired our forwards.

Back