Halfback for next week?

How far off is Robert Lui's return? If it's 2-3 weeks Sheens might rather 'hang on' with the players he's got rather than disrupt Lazarus' development in the easier comp. But if we are talking about a large slab of the season, then maybe the time has come to blood Lazarus.

If he's going to hold on for Lui, he might just go for Fulton at 5/8 and Benji at 'half'. That's what I'd do.

@Paris Cobbs said:
How far off is Robert Lui's return? If it's 2-3 weeks Sheens might rather 'hang on' with the players he's got rather than disrupt Lazarus' development in the easier comp. But if we are talking about a large slab of the season, then maybe the time has come to blood Lazarus.

If he's going to hold on for Lui, he might just go for Fulton at 5/8 and Benji at 'half'. That's what I'd do.

Thats my worry.

@Paris Cobbs said:

Really? :eek:pen_mouth:

Moltzen is out for the season. Liam can fill in at five eighth in an emergency but I wouldn't want him in the halves fulltime. He is going very well in the second row anyway.

Lazarus has a better passing game than Taumata IMO and he must get his chance as firstgrade halfback NOW! I reckon he would combine very well with Farah and Benji.

I don't think Lui is ready yet. I think it was his development that got disrupted. Putting him in last year was way too early, but I do believe he will be a good first grader when he is older - maybe next year. When Lui gets back from injury he should go back to Toyota Cup.

Fitzy in the halves? - HELL NO!!! :imp:

@Zaibatsu said:
Taumata for this week, he would be fired up against the Dogs and wanting to prove a point.

My thoughts exact…. I really think he has a game that will compliment Marshall's too. However I don't really mind, I have no doubt Lazarus or Tuamata can fill the gap to have minimal disruption to how the team plays...

@Paris Cobbs said:

that's a possibility, but I can see Sheens putting Robbie in at half and Fitzy to hooker. I would prefer to test out our depth and bring in Lazarus or Taumata

It should be either Taumata or Lazarus

But Sheens please don't put Benji to halfback, please!! :pray:

Benji and Robbie will do the organising for the next few weeks while Lui recovers. I'd like to see Liam in the 6, Benji 7, Robbie in the 9 and Fitzhenry out the door!

I hope that we are not borderline with the salary cap as this may contribute to the decision-making process, not just next week but the rest of the year. Bringing in a new player and paying him winning and incentive bonuses may tip us over if we are very close.

My preference would be Taumata but Lararus would be fine going by other people's assessment of him. However, it would seem that the job is Lui's for the year now, when he gets back.

How the hell did Fitzy get 3 votes,this is a gee up surely,Fitzy wouldn't make any other NRL team,let alone in the halves. :confused:

Is Predict a Tuesday Team Naming Smoke screen for sure from Coach Sheens….
\
\
or maybe not.... Last week he stuck to the tuesday team...

Im confusing myself I think

@Spartan117 said:
Is Predict a Tuesday Team Naming Smoke screen for sure from Coach Sheens….
\
\
or maybe not.... Last week he stuck to the tuesday team...

Im confusing myself I think

This year Sheens hasnt been playing as many selection games as he has in the past. It will be interesting to see the side named and the side that walks out.

Latest posts

Back