Halves

The issue I have is with the lawyers and litigation, that's what will ruin everything, it's what's got the N.R.L petrified now. They need some form of consent from players that does not hold the N.R.L, players or clubs at fault if there is a serious body or brain injury.
Players associations will never allow governing bodies to force their players to sign such wavers.

I watched the first 20 minutes so not a great time frame to judge a halfback in a team that got whipped. But the way Hastings controlled Newcastles set that eventually lead to him setting up their try was outstanding and exactly what we are craving. Didn't see the rest of the game, but I imagine possession and momentum was all Parra so impossible for him to do anything, just like it was for Reynolds last night after 30 minutes.
Hastings is better than Brooks no doubt but saying we make the 8 this year with him I don't agree with at all. He is in a way better Roster at Knights and they still suck
I think you’re wrong but just my opinion.

Hastings is a solid 6.5/10

In my opinion he’s almost as good as moses bc he doesn’t go missing and is super competitive.
As good as Moses WTF,

Except for Wests Tigers, we wouldn't be smart enough to adopt that sort of strategy in a game plan.

We would avoid him for fear of hurting him physically or mentally because we are too soft and too nice.

Reminds me of the game against Souffs a few years ago (2017 from memory) when Inglis was on one leg and for whatever reason he stayed on the field even though it was obvious from early on that he was in a bad way.

Did we target him as their weakest link? no way, we were scared we might hurt him, it was actually stated after the game by our captain that, "we looked after him."

From memory I think we let him score a try as well just to make him feel better.

Surprisingly that with that kind of thinking and lack of killer instinct, we actually won that game and everyone was surprised that Inglis played on.

Madge was their coach at the time and that probably didn't do anything to dispell the idea that Madge doesn't manage player injuries all that well.
That happens constantly, there will be someone in the opp line who's injured and I'm screaming at the tele to run it down that way and instead the ball goes the other way.

Players associations will never allow governing bodies to force their players to sign such wavers.
At some point someone will sue and it will be a massive issue. What are the RLPA going to do, strike. Okay for how long can the players with multi million dollar mortgages go unpaid ? I'd do the same over a draft. Let them strike. I reckon they'll cave within 2 months.

I think you’re wrong but just my opinion.

Hastings is a solid 6.5/10

In my opinion he’s almost as good as moses bc he doesn’t go missing and is super competitive.

I agree, but highlight the "almost". Moses is a grand final player and I see what he brings to the table and I would rate him as an 8.5/10. A player that misses the mark of DCE/Thurston by a fair margin but can approach someone like Mitchell Pearce in the right team.

Hastings is a 7/10, maybe a 7.5 at a stretch. He is a "solid" halfback, not a "great" halfback. Someone who can organise a team and get them moving the football. Newcastle isn't a better squad then ours, not when you take the nr7 out of it. Yes they have Kalyn, and a decent front row. We have a very decent front row, heck a better front row, a poorly organised back row and people who can play. ...

While Moses creates opportunities, he isn't that defensive organiser. An attacking halfback and we need one. But we need an organiser more.

We had Hastings on either 500 or 600k, we got rid of him to stick with Brooks. Would have been same money or less to keep Hastings instead and I am left What ON EARTH IS OUR CLUB THINKING.

Reading the daily "terrible" and they highlighted how Brodie Croft, Clifford, Ash Taylor and a bunch of other halfbacks ended up as nothings after 1 or 2 seasons in first grade. Brooks for some weird reason was given a chance after chance after chance. Hey I called for him to get more chances.... in 2021.
Why on earth wasn't he fired and sent to England where he may have had a chance.

It's more fundamental than that. Under UK and UK-inspired legal systems .... "Whilst the waiver is legal, the organisers of such events, of which there are now many, cannot exclude or restrict liability for injury or death caused as a result of their negligence". Negligence here being the key word. Because you can find negligence wherever you choose to shine a torch in today's corrupt systems.

Back