Halves

SeanT

Why can't the coaching staff see the biggest issue is our halves? That's including Douhie. When they do play direct(which is rare), they pass 2m before the line. The defence moves before then. If your a half and not getting hit after the tackle then your not going deep enough. You need to bring the two defence players to you. If you pass early then you have one defence player against you.

Why are the halves playing like this? So sick to see we make a heap of metres only to see our attack stagnate. Douhie, Brooks and especially Wakeham are not the answer. Punt them and get some halves that can acually get some try assists.

Last edited:
Why can't the coaching staff see the bissest issue is our halves? That's including Douhie. When they do play direct(which is rare), they pass 2m before the line. The defence moves before then. If your a half and not getting hit after the tackle then your not going deep enough. You need to bring the two defence players to you. If you pass early then you have one defence player against you.

Why are the halves playing like this? So sick to see we make a heap of metres only to see our attack stagnate. Douhie, Brooks and especially Wakeham are not the answer. Punt them and get some halves that can acually get some try assists.
100% - but unfortunately theit skills are what they are, and perhaps due to lack of alternatives, we are stuck in a rut...

Wakeham at first receiver was ok in the second half I thought. We dominated field position. Plus he's a min wager, is what it is.

But man Brooks ... 1mil+ a year for this. 1 mil a year for the worst player in first grade at the moment.

100% - but unfortunately theit skills are what they are, and perhaps due to lack of alternatives, we are stuck in a rut...
Hate that excuse. I'd rather an alternative. Your kiddong yourself if the last 3 weeks the teams against us havnt been in 3rd gear or less. We have had the field position and the momentum. They still can't do it.

Rather get two brand new halves in. After the Panthers game. What's the loss? Nothing to lose at all.

Wakeham at first receiver was ok in the second half I thought. We dominated field position. Plus he's a min wager, is what it is.

But man Brooks ... 1mil+ a year for this. 1 mil a year for the worst player in first grade at the moment.
Sorry but Wakeham is not even reserve grade worthy. His passing was amateurish, he never played direct. He passed metres before the line.

He made Brooks look good and Brooks was ordinary.

Make a change. If you can't produce try assists then you shouldn't be in the NRL team.

The halves are atrocious and Sheens is to blame.

Had all off season plus final 3 months of last season to find a game manager.

Was arrogant enough to think he could change Brooks.
I'm convinced the club screwed up with the Sheens hiring, but in Sheens defence Brooks has survived while 6 coaches have come and gone. He's like a cockroach.

Reactions: 851
Back