Has Valandys ruined the game?

tigerap

80 points in the Manly v Titans game, 82 points in the Tigers v Storm game, blowout scores every weekend. Has Valandys and his rule changes ruined the game ?…he says he wants to introduce more entertainment in the game, I don’t think so. I preferred the tight close games of the past years….the current game has become glorified touch…

@tigerap said in [Has Valandys ruined the game?](/post/1394335) said:
80 points in the Manly v Titans game, 82 points in the Tigers v Storm game, blowout scores every weekend. Has Valandys and his rule changes ruined the game ?…he says he wants to introduce more entertainment in the game, I don’t think so. I preferred the tight close games of the past years….the current game has become glorified touch…

Manly won 2nd half 48-nil!!!Makes last nite look terrible as opposed to disatrous!!

6 again was good last year.
Not sure whats different this year why its blowing out, teams have just figured out better attacking structures i guess

Yeah we've had blow outs since the start of the year. Its been an unusual comp.

I don't like the 6 agains (mostly because it's not policed with any consistency) and the current sin bins where zero logic comes into play. Sending off defending players when the ball runner slips is beyond ludicrous.

Manly had 10 consecutive sets at one stage ..

Huge blowouts just about every weekend are not good for the game at all. The TV guys do not like the sight of fans streaming out of grounds long before a game ends the frequency of which these massacres seem to have increased.

absolutely "the product" has ruined the game. V'Landys is the one who has done this.

It's a sport and a contest is the entertainment, a contest for the ball. Look at the NFL, they have a genuine contest for the ball on more plays than not, AFL, same thing.

When a comp is over 3-4 weeks in for most of the teams, he should address the bigger problems before he changed the rules for entertainment.

It needs to be thought of as a sport first, not entertainment. This is where he failed massively

What odds we have more changes coming next year.

Yes.
What other sport in the world changes rules and rule interpretations every year?

@the_third said in [Has Valandys ruined the game?](/post/1394369) said:

absolutely "the product" has ruined the game. V'Landys is the one who has done this.

It's a sport and a contest is the entertainment, a contest for the ball. Look at the NFL, they have a genuine contest for the ball on more plays than not, AFL, same thing.

When a comp is over 3-4 weeks in for most of the teams, he should address the bigger problems before he changed the rules for entertainment.

It needs to be thought of as a sport first, not entertainment. This is where he failed massively

Genuine contest for the ball in the NFL?

@dwight-schrute said in [Has Valandys ruined the game?](/post/1394374) said:
Yes.
What other sport in the world changes rules and rule interpretations every year?

Rugby League would still be playing Rugby rules without that, the NFL is constantly changing rules as well.

@cochise said in [Has Valandys ruined the game?](/post/1394376) said:

yes, well when its thrown and not run. It's a contest for the ball.

Teams with the Star Talent are the ones loving it
Manly with Tommy Turbo
Pamfers with Chin and Laui
Slimmeys with [This word has been automatically removed],Gutho and Brown
Souffs with Latrine ,Walker and Reynolds
Storm with Paps Hynes Munster JAC
These players only need half a chance to create something because there is a mile of room out there the attacking team gets all 50/50 calls and the toughness has been taken out it.

@the_third said in [Has Valandys ruined the game?](/post/1394386) said:
@cochise said in [Has Valandys ruined the game?](/post/1394376) said:

yes, well when its thrown and not run. It's a contest for the ball.

Not really, the average turnovers for game is 2.6. I hardly call that a contest for possession.

I relly dont know what i think. My interest has been waning for a few years but that's because I follow a club that can't compete. I still have a high interest in top of the table clashes, semis and origin.

I enjoyed the Manly game today but probably would have turned off if it was 10-8 slugfest. Ratings will tell the story.

Back