Hastings - Reasons for leaving

That's called being a team player, perhaps one of the reasons Sheens wants him to stay after 2023. Notice there was no sulking, whining or tannys about it.
No sulking, whining or tannys from Hastings either.
He has said he was happy to play anywhere… Sheens is just the last in a long line that’s been fooled by Mr Non Achievement Brooks.

Last edited:
Sheens on Hastings when he first came back.

One player with whom he is familiar is Jackson Hastings. “I coached him as five-eighth in the All Stars team against England. He’s 103kg and, while he’s not super quick, he is strong. He’s a rock in defence on his side of the field. He can also fill the role of a ball playing No.13.”

“He’s different,” Sheens volunteers, before quickly adding, “I like different,” in the sense some players just want to get out there and play, rather than be mentally glued to a game plan.

Tammy is a character from a series of movies, the first of which was released in 1957 with Debbie Reynolds playing the character of Tammy.

Ironically Leslie Nielsen plays the part of a character involved in a plane crash which probably explains why the movie focuses on a main character called Tammy rather than one called Shirley.

No it doesn’t, but it sounds good and certainly doesn’t infer that he is the worst half in the NRL either.
I agree he is not the worst half.
He hasn’t seen success here though and surely enough is enough.

Silly thought.

Say we sign Moses for 1.2 Million (Can't see 1 mil). Are we better off?

I realise we traded Hastings for Klemmer and Klemmer is a desperately needed front row upgrade.

Yet Hastings was on a 500/600k contract. We bump him to 800k were still a lot of coin below Moses. 1 vs 1, in everything but attitude Moses > Hastings.

I guess it is Williams/Moses/Hastings, who do you want to replace Luke Brooks?

Silly thought.

Say we sign Moses for 1.2 Million (Can't see 1 mil). Are we better off?

I realise we traded Hastings for Klemmer and Klemmer is a desperately needed front row upgrade.

Yet Hastings was on a 500/600k contract. We bump him to 800k were still a lot of coin below Moses. 1 vs 1, in everything but attitude Moses > Hastings.

I guess it is Williams/Moses/Hastings, who do you want to replace Luke Brooks?
Brooks won't be going

you mean 2018 Dally M halfback of the year and the number 7 in the team you support... expect you to be the first one cheering him on
or when it comes to Brooks death riding is pretty popular
Let’s be honest here.
Brooks was the 2018 fluke of the year.
Only his mother would really think he was the best halfback that year… but yes, he won it.
Here’s another fact… he is the most unsuccessful player in the NRL - playing the longest amount of games of any player without ever lining up in a semi final.
As a halfback I expect no more from him than the last 9 long years of disappointment.
He can’t direct the team around the park, has a poor short kicking game, and is hopeless at decision making.
He ain’t a half. This was evident when he was displaced from the position this year.
All for him as a running 6 with someone with football nous looking after the show.

Let’s be honest here.
Brooks was the 2018 fluke of the year.
Only his mother would really think he was the best halfback that year… but yes, he won it.
Here’s another fact… he is the most unsuccessful player in the NRL - playing the longest amount of games of any player without ever lining up in a semi final.
As a halfback I expect no more from him than the last 9 long years of disappointment.
He can’t direct the team around the park, has a poor short kicking game, and is hopeless at decision making.
He ain’t a half. This was evident when he was displaced from the position this year.
All for him as a running 6 with someone with football nous looking after the show.
ck,I have been a Brooks critic many times,however with a much better pack next year I can see him finally doing well in the 7,great defender,has speed and should have much support from experienced new team members...wishing him well...but can understand all our frustration with him over the years...

Latest posts

Members online

Back