Hastings - Reasons for leaving

I liked Hastings ability to organise and lead on-field, and I reckon we would have won more games if we weren't decimated by injuries.

But he's now onto his 6th club which speaks volumes about his attitude off-field.
It didn’t take other teams too long to work out how to nullify our attack, it was all based around Hastings stop him and you killed our attack.
He was too slow to change the way he set up our attack and didn’t vary it at all.
I think he would have been good at 13 playing an extra half in attack, but I don’t think he could have lasted too long there physically.

Interesting to think what the need for Hastings is to post rehab videos to social media.

It didn’t take other teams too long to work out how to nullify our attack, it was all based around Hastings stop him and you killed our attack.
He was too slow to change the way he set up our attack and didn’t vary it at all.
I think he would have been good at 13 playing an extra half in attack, but I don’t think he could have lasted too long there physically.
The same can be said for Luke. Our pack struggled (rated worst) and we were punished last season.

It's hard to get a roll on if your engine can't even hit second gear.

Interesting to think what the need for Hastings is to post rehab videos to social media.

He was convinced he was going
to be picked for England in the RLWC
if you recall.. coming off a long
injury. The kid is stubborn.
I don't know his personal situation
but I was suss on him when I heard
him talk about his father & how he
didn't care about him. He lives in his
own little world. G'luck in Newy bro

Mind my post. This is the fact

It'll be interesting how Hastings gets on in Newcastle, Big fish ego in a one team town fishbowl. The Novacastrians will ether love him or hate him immediately. Might be with another club come 2024 with this guys track record.

Hastings never made the leadership group?
Seems odd, considering most posters here thought he was the leader we needed?
I think he’ll kill it at Knights and probably play his best against us 😜
The Ponga dynasty and the strong willed Hastings, will cause problems. Like with us, he was a Bandaid job here, they will realise the same. 2024 in the forwards.

Hastings is slow as a wet week and just isn’t threatening at all. 3 tries in 63 NRL games says it all.

Another thing that doesn’t get mentioned enough…his kicking game is garbage. He has no long kicking game and his bombs are never high enough for us to contest.

IMO he has too many deficiencies to be a quality NRL halfback.

I did really like him at 13 though. That’s his future and hopefully for his sake he’ll swallow his pride soon and embrace it.

Hastings is slow as a wet week and just isn’t threatening at all. 3 tries in 63 NRL games says it all.

Another thing that doesn’t get mentioned enough…his kicking game is garbage. He has no long kicking game and his bombs are never high enough for us to contest.

IMO he has too many deficiencies to be a quality NRL halfback.

I did really like him at 13 though. That’s his future and hopefully for his sake he’ll swallow his pride soon and embrace it.
Let him be the Knights problem @ 7 for the immediate future

Brooks has rarely played behind a decent pack....2023 will be different
Agree , Hastings and Douehi were never going to consistently break the line, and if they did, they were not going to go far ! I'm sure most of the sides would have had Brooks as the most dangerous in the side, and therefor the defence had a target on him most of the game. Certainly our fullback, and hooker were also of minimum threat. Plus a weak forward pack ,and the slowest backline in history. He will have to stand up this year,as they all will, or it's close the door on the way out .

Agree , Hastings and Douehi were never going to consistently break the line, and if they did, they were not going to go far ! I'm sure most of the sides would have had Brooks as the most dangerous in the side, and therefor the defence had a target on him most of the game. Certainly our fullback, and hooker were also of minimum threat. Plus a weak forward pack ,and the slowest backline in history. He will have to stand up this year,as they all will, or it's close the door on the way out .
AD is one of our only players who threatens to consistently break the line…. Hastings I agree with but how many tries has AD scored by busting the line.

Brooks cops so much hate but he was clearly and it wasn't close our best kicker. Doueihi has a great bomb but he kicks on the first more than Brooks. Hastings didn't have a long kicking game at all last season. Hastings can put in a good short kick but Brooks does that as well.

Members online

Back